Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Where The Hell Am I - Aug 24, 2011

Jason Aaron discusses the challenges he's facing writing "Wolverine and the X-Men," finding individual voices when writing a team book with 14 distinct characters.

Full article here.

Wish he would have named more characters then Just Rogue being on the team(more spoilers please) .

But I am glad he said he will be eliminating the overdone southern accent. I live in the south, and we don't speak like that. Lol, ok, maybe a little?

BANNED

Jason Aaron is one of my favorite writers. I haven't been this excited for the X-titles in twenty years. I'm confident he'll pull it off.

Default Aaron...

you should put some Doop up in this joint!!!

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Edge View Post
    you should put some Doop up in this joint!!!
    That sounds drug related.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
    The main cast for the series numbers at least 14 and that’s only including the human ones who talk
    What in the world... Are we getting some ETs on the team? Maybe they'll be chilling on/with Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    What in the world... Are we getting some ETs on the team? Maybe they'll be chilling on/with Krakoa?
    I assumed that meant Lockheed, whether or not Kitty is also on the team.

Someone should send this article to a certain Avengers scribe...

Jason, I kid you not, if you were to consolidate all of your "Where the Hell Am I" columns into one collection and sell it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

He seems like a nice, humble guy who genuinely cares about comics and the quality of work he puts into it. I like him.

I like Jason Aaron's stuff but I am a little sceptical about the title of this new book. Wolverine and the X-Men? For me the X-Men have always been at their best when the spotlight is spread around and evenly shared by the characters. I'm hoping that the rest of the cast will be featured just as prominently as, and sometimes more so than, the titular character.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Someone should send this article to a certain Avengers scribe...
    +1

I also agree with DowninaHole. If I'm buying this, and I honestly don't expect to at this point, it will be in spite of Wolverine. I have to admit this article didn't do much to make me think the book won't be Wolverine-focused. I'm glad Aaron said he's working on all the characters, but the fact that he's struggling makes me wonder if he's just going to sort of revert to focusing on Wolverine, as a character he's already familiar with.

I'm still planning to look at it in the store, but it's going to have to have a really good rest of the cast, with most of the focus on them, to get me to buy a book that seems so clearly focused on the most overexposed character in Marvel.

This column has been a great boon to me as I've been working on my own books. I've been wondering if Jason's uses less panels on a team book than on others. I should take a look at team books and see what the rule seems to be. Great advice on dialog for any book really, not just teams.

Also, that is an awesome cover to Wolverine and Xmen #2. I think I might have to add the book to my pull box.
    Last edited by LukeZwan; 08-25-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Great article! Glad to know how much thought and care he's putting into creating an actual ensemble.

BTW, the title on my tab bar looked like "Where The Hell Am I Pooping". hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
    I like Jason Aaron's stuff but I am a little sceptical about the title of this new book. Wolverine and the X-Men? For me the X-Men have always been at their best when the spotlight is spread around and evenly shared by the characters. I'm hoping that the rest of the cast will be featured just as prominently as, and sometimes more so than, the titular character.
    Don't let the title fool you. This is not a Wolverine book with guest-stars. This is in every way an X-Men book.