Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

My favorite Old-School tag teams where the Midnight Express, Harlem Heat and the Steiner Brothers. Rick and Scott just wrecked people and bobby and Stan where just in sync. And the Heat? just a team of winners.

And one of my favorite team even though they didn't tag much but when they did it was like they tagged for years. I'm talking about Sting & Lex Luger

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I just watched MISTER Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson in their famous Steel Cage bout at Madison Square Garden in 1979.

Man those two were OVER. There was an old granny throwing stuff at Pat when he used the knux and the turnbuckle part. She also gave Pat the finger.

Man who says wrestling can't be for everyone!?
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I just watched MISTER Bob Backlund vs. Pat Patterson in their famous Steel Cage bout at Madison Square Garden in 1979.

Man those two were OVER. There was an old granny throwing stuff at Pat when he used the knux and the turnbuckle part. She also gave Pat the finger.

Man who says wrestling can't be for everyone!?
    Greatest Cage Matches on Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Greatest Cage Matches on Netflix?
    THAT'S on there??

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    THAT'S on there??
    Yes it is. As well as the Macho Man 3 part retrospective. I've recently watched both.

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    imo demolition was actually the better team as far as matches went. road warriors seemed to be more roids and make up than anything else. damn if they didn't look awesome though.

No, Demolition was not the better team in terms of work-rate. Bill Eadie (The Masked Superstar) could barely move when he was in Demolition, which is why they eventually got a third member of Demolition to come in.

Eadie was a better worker than the other members of Demolition, and the Road Warriors, combined, but that would've been when he wasn't injury-plagued. By the time he was with Demolition he had a bad back, among other injuries.

Both appearance-wise, and in terms of work-rate, the Road Warriors were superior.

no, they went to the WWF 1st.
    hmm, maybe you're right. WCW and NWA used to work together a lot back then so they likely did work in WCW 1st. they did have 2 different runs in the WWF and wrestled for WCW in between though.

lol, are you for real? The Road Warriors got their start in Georgia (NWA territory) back in '82. What ultimately became WCW was essentially what was left of the NWA. WCW (formerly Jim Crockett Promotions, but bought out by Ted Turner) dissolved itself from the NWA schtick.

I can't believe there are people who actually think (or thought) that the Road Warriors got their start in the WWF. I guess it has to do with when they started watching pro wrestling, and which promotions they were paying attention to.......I've come across people who thought Demolition were the originals with the gimmick, and the Road Warriors were imitators who turned out to be better (Road Warriors being the imitators was obviously false), but you're the first person I've come across who thought the Road Warriors got their start in the WWF.

And "The Legion of Doom" was the name of "Precious" Paul Ellering's group in the Georgia territory. It included the Road Warriors, "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer, King Kong Bundy, and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. There were other members, as well, at different times, but I wouldn't remember who the others were.....Eventually, Ellering went on to only managing the Road Warriors.

When they ventured into the WWF, Vince McMahon had them call themselves the "Legion of Doom," making it their new tag team name. He probably did it for copyrights and such, and perhaps also to make it look like he invented them.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEli View Post
    My favorite Old-School tag teams where the Midnight Express, Harlem Heat and the Steiner Brothers. Rick and Scott just wrecked people and bobby and Stan where just in sync. And the Heat? just a team of winners.
    The Midnight Express was far better when it was "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton & "Loverboy" Dennis Condrey.

Stan Lane was one of the Fabulous Ones, and came in when Condrey left.
    Last edited by Christopher Cross Is God; 08-24-2011 at 11:13 AM.

even back then i thought the rockers looked like assclowns.

you know who else looked awesome??

Your earlier claim on the Road Warriors being all make-up & roids? That's better reserved for those two (Barbarian & Warlord, aka "The Powers of Pain").......Barbarian & Warlord had a cool look, but they were horrible workers.

Road Warriors will be #1 in my book forever, that's why i own their WWe DVD!

#2 Freebirds

#3 Steiners

#4 Midnight Express (even in singles, that Eaton was a damn good wrestler)

#5 Harlem Heat

#6 Hart Foundation
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

Well since we're on the topic of Tag Teams and making lists, my pre-Attitude Era Tag Teams would be:

1. Harlem Heat
    2. Road Warriors
    3. Hart Foundation
    4. Inoki & Baba
    5. Kobashi & Misawa
    6. Minnesota Wrecking Crew
    7. Demolition
    8. Professor Tanaka & Mr. Fuji
    9. Legion of Doom
    10. British Bulldogs

Gryph asked for best feud.
    I have a fondess for MAcho Man/Ultimate Warrior, since i liked them both as kids.
    Austin/Mcmahon was always fun for the wacky factor.
    In watching those Nitros, Vince Russo/WCW is highly entertaining. In a train wreck way.

I liked he Mr.Perfect vs Bret Hart rivalry. I would consider it the RVD vs Jerry Lynn of that era when it comes to favorite rivalries

Whats your favorite wrestling rivalry? Could be from singles, tag team, or stables
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    What is your favourite feud?
    Hogan vs Savage was pretty cool. The whole mega powers thing was slowly drawn out in a way we just can't get in his day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hogan vs Savage was pretty cool. The whole mega powers thing was slowly drawn out in a way we just can't get in his day and age.
    Of course not, we have like 14 ppvs a year now they need to build for.

Any one have a link to a Video when Vince was reveal as the owner of the company, not just part of a announcement team

Quote Originally Posted by Dick/babs View Post
    Any one have a link to a Video when Vince was reveal as the owner of the company, not just part of a announcement team
    Did they ever come right out and say that?
    I thought it was just naturaly placed into the story without an announcement. He was still announcing when they recongnized that he ran the company if i remeber right.