Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

The Divas division has never really been the same since Trish and Lita hung em up. With an occasional exception, the people around today tend to either lack 1)Personality and speaking ability, 2)Ring ability, or 3)Both. It doesn't help that the division in general has been relegated to essentially an afterthought atm.

The KO's division is generally better than the Divas but they've struggled too. The acts that got the division off to a memorable start (Kong and Kim) and centered the division as an attention/ratings getter (Love/Sky Beautiful People) are either gone or watered down. Mickie having the belt again does nothing for anyone except making Winter look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    For me, Ayumi's in ring ability matters WAY more than her looks.

She may not be Diva-grade, but she'd destroy any Diva in the ring.
    I actually like Ayumi's look because she looks like a human being. Most importantly, she looks like a goddamn wrestler and not a vanity model who wrestles. If a woman wants to get all dolled up outside of the ring, please do so. There's plenty of Joshis who are also glamor models, but wrestlers come to wrestle and that's the biggest difference between American and Joshi women wrestlers.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/..._Responds.html

The Bella twins are PISSED over an article posted on the WWE website about Beth Phoenix and Natalya Neidhart being the "salvation" to a Divas division overrun by models and bimbos. The article, which can be read here in its entirety, mentioned the Bella twins by name as WWE divas who 'diva purists' can't believe are being featured on television over more talented in ring performers. The Bellas wrote on Twitter that they woke up to the "embarrassing" article and wanted to share their thoughts with the WWE Universe.

Nikki Bella wrote:

"First off.... Um you want me to slap you with all of my awards and championships I have won? I was a #1 athlete... Which other Diva was?

Secondly, Bri & @RealKellyKelly have been the only entertainment that has happened 2 the Diva's Division & have worked harder than anyone!

Thirdly, I've seen 2 girls the past few weeks try as hard as they can to be "models" while us "models" have busted our butts.....

Oh and good luck with the up and coming Divas.... Sure you'll make a lot of money with them.... Um actually NOT!

Lastly, @RealKellyKelly & Us are better than anyone in the past so Katie Raymond check your self and come read this article to my face! NB"

Brie Bella wrote:

"Wow, I just woke up to the craziness! The words spoken by Katie are laughable, but I'm a women who will stand for what I believe in...so...

I know what I've given to the fans and that's all what matters. WWE might think your a bunch of puppets that are persuaded by their words..

I know how you all feel :) good and bad, I love it! I mean if WWE cared about Divas why do we have such little time on tv?

Why were divas such as Mickey James, Melina and Gail Kim released. Why aren't wrestlers like Sara Del Ray hired? All amazing!.......

Kelly Kelly and myself have worked to hard to have an unknown, untalented writer say the things she did. Katie (whoever) Suck it! Love Brie"

Former WWE diva Melina responded to the Bellas' rant -

"You know I love you but everyone needs to seriously calm down and think before tweeting. This is not worth it."

The Bellas responded to Melina:

"@RealMelina you know that wasn't towards you girl :) I know you know that"

Melina replied once again with the following:

"Everyone, these are all good girls. All of them. Yes everyone's experience level varies but I'm damn proud to step into the ring with them.

Wrestling is not easy on so many levels. It's not only physical grueling but mentally & emotionally. Against ALL odds you have to overcome.

Through the hardest of times you have to pretend ur ok, pick yourself up & think about others because we are role models. Even when we hurt.

2live our life in wrestling is not easy. Even though it looks like it is... If it does that means we r THAT good. but it isn't. Far from it.

I love wrestling. No matter what promotion... This is art. This is an extension of me. I may not be in the WWE but my heart is still there.

I'm going 2do what I love & Friggin go all out at @WSUWrestling. I'm so excited about it. U have no idea how much I miss being in the ring."

The Bella Twins finished off by saying:

"Well today has been fun so far haha wow... off to Columbus, OH.... Wonderin' what's in store for the Divas... Uh oh! Besos! Nikki #divas"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

I'd like to know what they really think instead of being forced to twitter in character. Nice and a little surprising that Melina is the levelheaded one in that rant
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

CM Punk summed it up nicely.

"So wait. The divas are mad about an in house article on wwe.com that is potentially designed to garner them attention/TV time? Awesome."
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    CM Punk summed it up nicely.

"So wait. The divas are mad about an in house article on wwe.com that is potentially designed to garner them attention/TV time? Awesome."
    I'm pretty much convince that the either Nikki or Brie (probably Nikki) was the diva that Colt Cabana was talking about who pinned someone upside down and couldn't figure out why the ref wasn't counting.

COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Nikki Bella was a #1 athlete?
    But isn't Brie the one that's good in the ring?

Their tweets would be more in-character if they didn't show respect and solidarity with Kelly.

It's funny how Melina has this awful reputation as crazy slut, in no small part thanks to guys like Val, but at least in her interviews and tweets, she comes off as sweet and level-headed.
    Last edited by Jared; 09-05-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    It's funny how Melina has this awful reputation as crazy slut, in no small part thanks to guys like Val, but at least in her interviews and tweets, she comes off as sweet and level-headed.
    Makes one wonder if the bad stuff we hear about her is nothing but vicious rumors

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WksNXH6w8l8

Looks better than the Divas Championship

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Makes one wonder if the bad stuff we hear about her is nothing but vicious rumors
    I remember reading Batista's book when he claimed that he hooked up with Melina but did say that she was a really sweet girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermonkey View Post
    I remember reading Batista's book when he claimed that he hooked up with Melina but did say that she was a really sweet girl.
    Course, the fact that she banged Batista in the first place says something about her, if she was supposedly involved with Morison.

That said, I personally couldn't give a dam who she sleeped with or who she had issues with backstage. I was a fan of her in-ring work, and felt she was the overall best most charismatic female on the roster. She had mic skills, solid enough in-ring skills, and a fun sense of style and theatrics. It's a shame things didn't work out with her and the WWE.

It's an acknowledged fact that Melina and Batista were an item for a while. But Melina, and Batista, and AFAIK Morrison all said she and JoMo were split at the time. I remember one of the parties even mentioned how Melina and JoMo remained best friends during the whole period. Now, there's the story that Mel did cheat and everyone knew it, and JoMo didn't do anything about it which led to a depush by Vince because he didn't act like a man. Frankly, I have my doubts if only because why would he stay friends with her even then. And Batista had a match with JoMo during that time where let JoMo look like a *major* contender. It was the strongest he'd ever been in-ring, to that point.

They actually talked about the WWE.com article during tonight's Diva's match.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I do wonder why it always seems the woman gets blamed for the men. Sunny screwed up Chris Candido, The Kat messed up Jerry Lawler. Krystal changed Bobby Lashley, Melina is controlling of Morrison, etc.

Mick Foley was a big fan/friend of Melina too, that's why he helped put her over back in the day.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I do wonder why it always seems the woman gets blamed for the men. Sunny screwed up Chris Candido, The Kat messed up Jerry Lawler. Krystal changed Bobby Lashley, Melina is controlling of Morrison, etc.

Mick Foley was a big fan/friend of Melina too, that's why he helped put her over back in the day.
    Yeah, that complex really weirds me out too.

(and seriously, in all of those cases, it was mostly the guy's fault)
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com