Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

One of La Sombra's awesome moves that I've never seen anywhere else before, from luchablog:

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    One of La Sombra's awesome moves that I've never seen anywhere else before, from luchablog:

you've never seen kenny omega?? he's been using it for a long time calling it croyt's wrath

i dig that move that he used that i'm calling the "anarchy theory" until i can find out what it's actually called. it's like a schoolboy version of the chaos theory, you know which move i'm talking about??
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I was going to bring up that more Luchablog gifs should be used in this thread.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    you've never seen kenny omega?? he's been using it for a long time calling it croyt's wrath

i dig that move that he used that i'm calling the "anarchy theory" until i can find out what it's actually called. it's like a schoolboy version of the chaos theory, you know which move i'm talking about??
    I haven't seen much of Kenny Omega - he had a few matches on ROH's TV show, including a really good title match against Austin Aries. I was impressed by him, but he was really a part-timer there. Now I'm going to have to check out some more of his stuff...

Yeah, that move that Sombra turns into a bridging suplex? Incredible - I still can't believe that he gets people off the ground in the first place. Not that I want to encourage further poaching of CMLL, but someone's got to be taking notice of this guy outside of Mexico.

I just call everything I don't know what it's called "Ding Dong," because that's what the announcer yells during La Mascara's finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Sometimes it's the only way to explain things. And gifs are fun anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    where do you find gifs on that site??

I haven't seen much of Kenny Omega - he had a few matches on ROH's TV show, including a really good title match against Austin Aries. I was impressed by him, but he was really a part-timer there. Now I'm going to have to check out some more of his stuff...
    kenny is pretty awesome, here's him sonny boy and xcalibur at PWG's announce booth shaped like a table

Yeah, that move that Sombra turns into a bridging suplex? Incredible - I still can't believe that he gets people off the ground in the first place. Not that I want to encourage further poaching of CMLL, but someone's got to be taking notice of this guy outside of Mexico.
    yeah, it's almost a trying a short arm scissor on Mr Backlund-esque display of strength.

yeah sombra's already been in NJPW. he was even in this years G1 tourney.

I just call everything I don't know what it's called "Ding Dong," because that's what the announcer yells during La Mascara's finisher.
    like xcalibur(2 birds 1 stone with that pic up there)on PWG commentary, whenever he sees a submission he doesn't know the name of, he calls it a "mexican stretch".
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 10-01-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Real Fuerza Aerea, a group of highflyers in AAA that never got their due. as a collective:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--3ksg05Kc

as singles
    Aero Star
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hHay42_Ag

Super Fly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxPzS...eature=related

Laredo kid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1Zb...4B822B5DBCCD80

Rey Cometa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoQPFms_fU this one is kind of long(but good content & video quality) so here's a top 10 moves
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CcfWgCwWM4

couldn't find anything for El Angel or Pegasso.

where do you find gifs on that site??

kenny is pretty awesome, here's him sonny boy and xcalibur at PWG's announce booth shaped like a table

yeah, it's almost a trying a short arm scissor on Mr Backlund-esque display of strength.

yeah sombra's already been in NJPW. he was even in this years G1 tourney.

like xcalibur(2 birds 1 stone with that pic up there)on PWG commentary, whenever he sees a submission he doesn't know the name of, he calls it a "mexican stretch".
    The guy just peppers his TV recaps with gifs - there's usually one from every match he talks about.

Nice pic - some day I'm going to check out one of the PWG shows. There's nothing indie-wise going on in the northwest right now, and PWG always seems to have good talent.

I watched the Sombra/MVP match from the G1 tournament - good but short-ish. Supposedly, Sombra's only 21 years old, which blows my mind.

The guy just peppers his TV recaps with gifs - there's usually one from every match he talks about.

Nice pic - some day I'm going to check out one of the PWG shows. There's nothing indie-wise going on in the northwest right now, and PWG always seems to have good talent.
    hell yes, i'm going to SteenWolf this month and fairly xcited about every match on the card for 1 reason or another..

Famous B, Chris Kadillak, & Candice LeRae vs. "Pretty" Peter Avalon, Freddy Bravo, & Ray Rosas, never seen most of these guys but heard good things.

RockNES Monsters vs. The Fightin' Taylor Boys, can't see anyway this isn't spotacular fun.

TJ Perkins vs. "Azúcar" Rocky Romero been a long time since i saw either of these guys live.

Los Luchas vs. Scorpio Sky & Joey Ryan again been a long time since i saw these guys live(aside from joey)

Willie Mack vs. Davey Richards has potential to be very awesome. making others look good isn't really davey's strong suit but i'm hopeful.

Ricochet vs.Chuck Taylor should be awesome and i've never seen richochet live.

The Young Bucks vs.Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly bucks are always fun + i've never seen adam cole live and i'm a big fan of him.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Ladder Match
    "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. El Generico (Challenger)
    nuff said

CMLL looks good this week. haven't watched it yet but i know there's a 6man with averno, dragon rojo, & mephisto vs liger, la sombra, & mascar dorada, and a singles with ultimo guerrero vs atlantis.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 10-02-2011 at 01:57 AM.

hell yes, i'm going to SteenWolf this month and fairly xcited about every match on the card for 1 reason or another..

CMLL looks good this week. haven't watched it yet but i know there's a 6man with averno, dragon rojo, & mephisto vs liger, la sombra, & mascar dorada, and a singles with ultimo guerrero vs atlantis.
    I just gotta save some $$$ to get down there. I'm still mad about not getting to see the one with RVD and Liger a year or so ago.

CMLL was pretty good. The six man was fun - I just wish it was longer. Still, Dorada and Sombra really looked good. Averno didn't want to get into the match, so he kept ducking out. UG vs. Atlantis was pretty good, too. I don't know their history, but they really seemed to want a piece of one another. And I'm starting to warm up to Ultimo - mostly I just haven't watched him wrestle consistently, so I'm just getting used to him now.

I just gotta save some $$$ to get down there. I'm still mad about not getting to see the one with RVD and Liger a year or so ago.

CMLL was pretty good. The six man was fun - I just wish it was longer. Still, Dorada and Sombra really looked good. Averno didn't want to get into the match, so he kept ducking out. UG vs. Atlantis was pretty good, too. I don't know their history, but they really seemed to want a piece of one another. And I'm starting to warm up to Ultimo - mostly I just haven't watched him wrestle consistently, so I'm just getting used to him now.
    they have a lot of history as partners in a group that went by a few different names and were at some points the last 2 members left until they finally split up this summer.

REEEVIEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW TIIIIIIIIME

NJPW 03/27/2010
    Taped 3/22 Amagaseki - NEW JAPAN CUP:

1. Jushin Liger/Koji Kanemoto/Tomoaki Honma vs. Tiger Mask/Ryusuke Taguchi/Kyosuke Mikami. decent opener. you just knew kanemoto was going to abuse poor mikami and of course he did.

2. Yujiro Takahashi vs. Mitsuhide Hirasawa. this match wasn't actually on the dvd. too bad i like yujiro.

Semi-Finals:
    3. Togi Makabe vs. Tetsuya Naito.
    really good, naito continues to grow as a singles wrestler and shows he can go with the HW's

4. Hirooki Goto vs. Masato Tanaka. very good. not as good as their hardcore match prior but considering it's place in the grand scheme of things that's understandable.

5. Hiroshi Tanahashi/Manabu Nakanishi/Strong Man vs. Toru Yano/Giant Bernard/Karl Anderson. fun stuff. strong man didn't impress me too much but didn't totally suck either.

6. Shinsuke Nakamura/Takashi Iizuka/Gedo vs. Riki Choshu/Yuji Nagata/Wataru Inoue. also fun but nothing special and kind of predictable. needed more shinsuke/nagata interaction.

FINAL
    7. Hirooki Goto vs. Togi Makabe.
    pretty awesome. goto is a boss and needs to win the bet at some point. still hate makabe but he did his thing here. the king kong knee drop to the leg was actually kind of brilliant.

overall solid buy for 3 bucks.

Multiple title changes took place on Monday in Japan at New Japan Pro Wrestling's "Destruction '11" event from Tokyo.

ROH World champion Davey Richards and his partner Rocky Romero captured the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Titles from Prince Devitt and Ryusuke Taguchi.

Former WWE wrestler MVP dropped the IWGP Intercontinental Title to Masato Tanaka.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/..._Richards.html
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

NJPW Results For 10/22/11 Tokyo Korakuen Hall

. TAKA Michinoku defeated Kyosuke Mikami(7:35)

2. Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA defeated Ryusuke Taguchi & Hiromu Takahashi(11:51)

3. G1 Tag League – B Block: Tomohiro Ishii & Don Fujii defeated Takashi Iizuka & Hideo Saito(10:17)

4. G1 Tag League – A Block: Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi defeated Yuji Nagata & King Fale(11:49)

5. G1 Tag League – A Block: Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma defeated Strong Man & Tama Tonga(11:56)

6. G1 Tag League – A Block: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson defeated Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer(11:50)

7. G1 Tag League – B Block: Togi Makabe & Satoshi Kojima defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Wataru Inoue(14:20)

8. G1 Tag League – B Block: Shinsuke Nakamura & Toru Yano defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi & Hirooki Goto(16:56)

1,800 Spectators
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

WTF has been up with CMLL not being on TV lately??

WTF has been up with CMLL not being on TV lately??
    Exactly. I tried to find out what's going on, but the only thing I've come up with is that maybe the Pan-American games have something to do with it. I'm missing CMLL badly right now.