Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

NJPW, 8/10/11 (Samurai! TV)
    Yoyogi National Stadium Gymnasium #2
    1,500 Fans

1. G1 Climax - Block A: Lance Archer [6] beat Yujiro Takahashi [4] (7:14) with the Dark Days.
    2. G1 Climax - Block A: Toru Yano [6] beat Hideo Saito [0] (6:09) with the Oni Koroshi.
    3. G1 Climax - Block B: Satoshi Kojima [8] beat La Sombra [4] (9:25) with a lariat.
    4. G1 Climax - Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan [4] beat Strong Man [0] (7:18) with the Anaconda Vice.
    5. G1 Climax - Block B: Minoru Suzuki [12] beat Wataru Inoue [4] (14:19) with a Gotch-style piledriver.
    6. G1 Climax - Block B: Shinsuke Nakamura [12] beat Karl Anderson [4] (12:11) with the Boma Ye.
    7. G1 Climax - Block B: MVP [8] beat Hirooki Goto [8] (10:39) with the Irreversible Crisis.
    8. G1 Climax - Block A: Tetsuya Naito [6] beat Yoshihiro Takayama [8] (10:32) with a front cradle.
    9. G1 Climax - Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi [10] beat Giant Bernard [8] (13:05) with a crucifix hold.

NJPW, 8/11/11 (Samurai! TV)
    Yoyogi National Stadium Gymnasium #2
    1,800 Fans

1. G1 Climax - Block A: Tetsuya Naito [8] beat Hideo Saito [0] (7:25) with a Stardust press.
    2. G1 Climax - Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan [6] beat La Sombra [4] (9:16) with the Anaconda Vice.
    3. G1 Climax - Block B: Hirooki Goto [10] beat Wataru Inoue [4] (11:09) with the Shouten Kai.
    4. G1 Climax - Block A: Toru Yano [8] beat Lance Archer [6] (8:51) with the Kuro Kirishima.
    5. G1 Climax - Block B: MVP [10] beat Strong Man [0] (8:18) with the Oyasumi.
    6. G1 Climax - Block B: Satoshi Kojima [10] beat Karl Anderson [4] (12:55) with a lariat.
    7. G1 Climax - Block A: Togi Makabe [10] beat Giant Bernard [8] (12:35) with a King Kong kneedrop.
    8. G1 Climax - Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi [12] beat Yujiro Takahashi [4] (12:43) with the High Fly Flow.
    9. G1 Climax - Block A: Yuji Nagata [8] beat Yoshihiro Takayama [8] (13:51) with a backdrop hold.

NJPW, 8/13/11 (Samurai! TV)
    Tokyo Korakuen Hall
    2,015 Fans
    - Super No Vacancy Full House

1. G1 Climax - Block B: MVP [12] beat La Sombra [4] (4:59) with the Oyasumi.
    2. G1 Climax - Block B: Satoshi Kojima [12] beat Wataru Inoue [4] (9:51) with a lariat.
    3. G1 Climax - Block B: Karl Anderson [6] beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan [6] (9:39) with the Gun Stun.
    4. G1 Climax - Block A: Yuji Nagata [10] beat Lance Archer [6] (8:42) with a backdrop hold.
    5. G1 Climax - Block B: Strong Man [2] beat Minoru Suzuki [12] (9:31) with a Blockbuster.
    6. G1 Climax - Block A: Tetsuya Naito [10] beat Giant Bernard [8] (10:44) by countout.
    7. G1 Climax - Block A: Yoshihiro Takayama [10] beat Togi Makabe [10] (12:14) with an Everest German suplex hold.
    8. G1 Climax - Block B: Hirooki Goto [12] beat Shinsuke Nakamura [12] (13:13) with the Shouten Kai.
    9. G1 Climax - Block A: Toru Yano [10] beat Hiroshi Tanahashi [12] (16:57) with the Kagamiwari.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

NJPW, 8/14/11 (WPW/PPV)
    Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
    11,500 Fans
    - Super No Vacancy Full House

1. G1 Climax - Block A: Hideo Saito [2] beat Yuji Nagata [10] (4:29) with the Caribbean Death Grip.
    2. G1 Climax - Block A: Giant Bernard [10] beat Toru Yano [10] (7:29) with the Bernard Driver.
    3. G1 Climax - Block A: Lance Archer [8] beat Yoshihiro Takayama [10] (7:19) with the Dark Days.
    4. G1 Climax - Block A: Yujiro Takahashi [6] beat Togi Makabe [10] (8:37) with the Tokyo Pimps.
    5. G1 Climax - Block A: Tetsuya Naito [12] beat Hiroshi Tanahashi [12] (5:11) with the Polvo de Estrellas.
    6. G1 Climax - Block B: Strong Man [4] beat Hirooki Goto [12] (7:27) with a Blockbuster.
    7. G1 Climax - Block B: Karl Anderson [8] beat MVP [12] (8:30) with the Gun Stun.
    8. G1 Climax - Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan [8] beat Satoshi Kojima [12] (14:10) with the TTD.
    9. G1 Climax - Block B: Shinsuke Nakamura [14] beat Minoru Suzuki [12] (12:13) with the Boma Ye.
    10. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi (c) beat Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega (15:01) when Devitt pinned Omega after the Black Sunday (6th defense).
    11. G1 Climax - Final: Shinsuke Nakamura beat Tetsuya Naito (20:19) with the Boma Ye.

--------------

Final standings:

Block A:
    1. Tetsuya Naito [12]
    2. Hiroshi Tanahashi [12]
    3. Togi Makabe [10]
    - Yuji Nagata [10]
    - Toru Yano [10]
    - Giant Bernard [10]
    - Yoshihiro Takayama [10]
    8. Lance Archer [8]
    9. Yujiro Takahashi [6]
    10. Hideo Saito [2]

Block B:
    1. Shinsuke Nakamura [14]
    2. Hirooki Goto [12]
    - Satoshi Kojima [12]
    - MVP [12]
    - Minoru Suzuki [12]
    6. Karl Anderson [8]
    7. Hiroyoshi Tenzan [8]
    8. La Sombra [4]
    9. Wataru Inoue [4]
    10. Strong Man [4]

Shinsuke! NakaMURA!! Grade ONE!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-24-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

i hope it's not a commercial week for CMLL.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

One of my favorite matches in the G1 Tourney was Yano vs Tanahashi. Yeah, you heard me, YANO TORU vs Tanahashi.

Why? Because it showed that RVD helped put Yano over, something I've always wanted to see. The crowd was absolutely on his side, and Tanahashi adapted and heeled it up.

He even LOST to Toru. Best match I've seen from Yano in a while.

I was pretty pissy about Tanahashi vs Goto due to Tanahashi going practically super Cena after Goto hit a great series of moves (including a new finisher), but this pretty much redeemed him.
    Last edited by Double 0; 08-27-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Watching some All Japan right now.

Specifically, the ES vs BJW series.

Daisuke Sekimoto still freaks me out. I mean, yeah there are other really buff guys in Puro (like Strongman), but he still freaks me out.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Just finished CMLL a few minutes ago. 1 hour show this week (as opposed to the shows that are supposed to be 2 hours long, and have 1 hour of commercials.)

El Felino vs. Blue Panther (match relampago) - way better than I was expecting, especially when the combined age of the two wrestlers is just shy of 100 years. I'm not saying it was go-out-of-your-way good, but a pleasant surprise. A lot of pinning combinations and counters, and Panther had a nice suicide dive. Better than Sting vs. Ric Flair is going to be.

Hector Garza/Angel de Oro/Shocker vs. Rey Bucanero/Terrible/El Tejano, Jr. - at least Oro was working hard! I know Shocker was out forever with a knee injury, but he's got to find a cardio machine and hit it. Garza didn't do much until the third fall (literally not even getting out of his warm-up gear until then, despite eating the first pinfall), but he's champ, so I guess he's going to milk that. Okay action all the way through, but that's mostly because of the rudos and Oro.

Decent show, despite there not being any of my usual favorites present.

Got to watch Mexican wrestling today. Don't speak the language, don't know the people, still understood what was going on. Does that mean I watch too much wrestling?
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    One of my favorite matches in the G1 Tourney was Yano vs Tanahashi. Yeah, you heard me, YANO TORU vs Tanahashi.

Why? Because it showed that RVD helped put Yano over, something I've always wanted to see. The crowd was absolutely on his side, and Tanahashi adapted and heeled it up.

He even LOST to Toru. Best match I've seen from Yano in a while.

I was pretty pissy about Tanahashi vs Goto due to Tanahashi going practically super Cena after Goto hit a great series of moves (including a new finisher), but this pretty much redeemed him.
    funny i just watched tanahashi/yano from 2010 and thought the same thing. it wasn't great but it was very good and i usually can't stay interested in a yano match.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Watching some All Japan right now.

Specifically, the ES vs BJW series.

Daisuke Sekimoto still freaks me out. I mean, yeah there are other really buff guys in Puro (like Strongman), but he still freaks me out.
    sekimoto is good. i think he's the ZERO1 champ right now. if you ever get the chance and haven't already watch sekimoto & yoshihito sasaki tag stuff. they were a great power team.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Just finished CMLL a few minutes ago. 1 hour show this week (as opposed to the shows that are supposed to be 2 hours long, and have 1 hour of commercials.)

El Felino vs. Blue Panther (match relampago) - way better than I was expecting, especially when the combined age of the two wrestlers is just shy of 100 years. I'm not saying it was go-out-of-your-way good, but a pleasant surprise. A lot of pinning combinations and counters, and Panther had a nice suicide dive. Better than Sting vs. Ric Flair is going to be.

Decent show, despite there not being any of my usual favorites present.
    i am, if you're a fan of either, both, or lucha in general. even at panthers age his tope suicida is better than briansons. felino is still great too.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Got to watch Mexican wrestling today. Don't speak the language, don't know the people, still understood what was going on. Does that mean I watch too much wrestling?
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

In my watching of mexican wrestling, the weirdest thing has been guys submitting to moves they never would in the american pro wrestling.
    Which is kind of neat actually, since most of that stuff hurts like a bitch when actually used.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    In my watching of mexican wrestling, the weirdest thing has been guys submitting to moves they never would in the american pro wrestling.
    Which is kind of neat actually, since most of that stuff hurts like a bitch when actually used.
    yeah, that's part of what i meant about lucha not being as finisher-centric as american. imo not knowing that the match can't end until 1 move or another happens adds a lot to the matches.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 08-28-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    yeah, that's part of what i meant about lucha not being as finisher-centric as american. imo not knowing that the match can't end until 1 move or another happens adds a lot to the matches.
    WWE can end without a finisher!
    Sometimes a guy gets distracted and it ends with a small package.
    I can't think of any other examples.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i am, if you're a fan of either, both, or lucha in general. even at panthers age his tope suicida is better than briansons. felino is still great too.
    Mainly, I didn't want to overhype it and have people be underwhelmed. But it was really good. I'd only seen Panther in six-man tags before, and I'm not sure I'd ever seen Felino before. Quality stuff, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    WWE can end without a finisher!
    Sometimes a guy gets distracted and it ends with a small package.
    I can't think of any other examples.
    Sometimes people get hit in the head with the championship belt, too.

Question: Are these G1 days all filmed on consecutive days or are they spaced apart like a weekly program? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveEB View Post
    Question: Are these G1 days all filmed on consecutive days or are they spaced apart like a weekly program? Just curious.
    It takes place over ~2 weeks with 10 cards.