Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

between 30 and 40 minutes were my favorite
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

REVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW TIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJPW 05/03/2011
    1. Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Hiromu Takahashi vs Jado, Gedo & Killer Rabbit
    decent opener, killer rabbit is kind of cool, but most importantly HONMA IS NO JOBBER!!

2. Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi fun match. TAKA & taichi are like the japanese version of frankie & daniels

3. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Wataru Inoue & King Fale vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii wasn't really into this one very much

4. CMLL World Middleweight Title: Jushin Thunder Liger vs Mascara Dorada damn this was very good. spot fiesta?? absolutely, should that bother anybody?? absolutely not. this is why i LOVE liger in mexico, he really allows these guys to shine while making an entertaining match.

5. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Title: Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Davey Richards & Rocky Romero CRAZY action. davey and rocky did a great job as heels here, total pricks and the champs did their thing.

6. IWGP Tag Title: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson vs Yujiro Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito HELL YES!! love both these teams and they match up great here. as a stand alone match not as good as when one of the teams is in full heel mode, from a storytelling standpoint it was perfect in furthering the split of NO LIMIT and turn for naito.

7. Hirooki Goto & Tama Tonga vs Sugiura Takashi & Makoto Hashi very good. damn tonga takes a CRAZY FUKN DIVE and almost kills himself. 1st time i recall seeing hashi and despite his flair like tits being a bit distracting at times he's pretty fun to watch. i'm pretty fond of sugi & goto so i enjoyed this match all around, hopefully we get a singles match between the 2.

8. Yuji Nagata vs Masato Tanaka not their best but good. not sure why they keep fighting, kind of a 1 sided rivalry.

9. Togi Makabe vs Satoshi Kojima i pretty much dig this match up whatever the outcome maybe, this didn't disappoint. i hate makabe but admit his finishing sequence has grown on me. some post match fun due to TAKA, taichi, and minoru suzuki

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura same as the match before basically, but to a higher degree, i LOVE whenever these 2 face off and they always pull me into the match to the point where i'm vocally cheering for my man shinskay. really cool spot where tanahashi reverses nak's flying armbar into a dragon suplex.

overall totally worth the 6 bucks, top to bottom doesn't get much better than this.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Just wanted to say that the main event for this week's CMLL show is a must-see. It's Sombra/Titan/Mascara Dorada vs. Volador/Mr. Aguila/Psicosis II, and it's non-stop craziness through all three falls. The other matches (a women's trios and Mr. Niebla vs. Atlantis in a relampago match) were good too, but that main event was so much fun. Whenever the video shows up on YouTube, I'll post it here for ease of viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Just wanted to say that the main event for this week's CMLL show is a must-see. It's Sombra/Titan/Mascara Dorada vs. Volador/Mr. Aguila/Psicosis II, and it's non-stop craziness through all three falls. The other matches (a women's trios and Mr. Niebla vs. Atlantis in a relampago match) were good too, but that main event was so much fun. Whenever the video shows up on YouTube, I'll post it here for ease of viewing.
    OH FUK YES!!!! volador's predator helmet was fukn sweet, dorada was on god damn fire!! i'd not seen titan before but he was pretty cool with those handstand spots, sombra was good per usual.

L bo 2nds clays endorsement of this match 100%
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    OH FUK YES!!!! volador's predator helmet was fukn sweet, dorada was on god damn fire!! i'd not seen titan before but he was pretty cool with those handstand spots, sombra was good per usual.

L bo 2nds clays endorsement of this match 100%
    Oh yeah, Volador's helmet was awesome!

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

So... Random aside, NJPW decided to give me an indirect birthday present. Here is the card for the upcoming NJPW PPV.

Nagata/Nakanishi/Tonga/Liger/TM vs Yano/Iizuka/Ishii/YOSHI-HASHI/Jado - Same old "get everyone on the card" match, but with Ishii in it, so it's not going to completely suck.

KUSHIDA/Shelley vs Romero/Richards - Same old Jr. Tag Title match, but I'm cool with that.

Devitt/Taguchi - Apollo GoGo EXPLODES!!! I actually think this match will be great. Hopefully, a heel turn for Taguchi is coming, but from recent results, it may be time for Devitt to go up a weight class. (He beat Tanahashi recently)

Archer/Smith vs TenKoji - Once again, same old. Skippable.

Makabe/Takahashi - This feud has been pretty fun, and this match could either really suck, or be pretty enjoyable. I'm a fan of both, so I'm leaning towards the latter.

Goto/Inoue vs Saku/Shibata - I didn't know Laughter7 was still in NJPW (Shibata showed up in NOAH with KENTA), either way, with resident training dummy Inoue on the other side, this match will be over before it gains any momentum.

Main Event: Tanahashi/Anderson - Anderson beat Tana in G1 2012, so Japan's John Cena wants payback. And he'll probably get it.

But forget all that junk... These two matches are why I'm hyped.

Nakamura/Mashimo

AND

Okada/Suzuki

CHAOS vs Suzuki-Gun is ON! The War of the Heel Stables has begun, and we've got ourselves a MOTYC in Okada vs Suzuki. If this ends up being a one match PPV, this match would be it.

BTW, Polvora vs Titan and the recent Terrible vs Rush matches were fantastic.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    In celebration of Okada not destroying his career by going to the E.

If WWE ever signed the guy I can tell you whats going to happen. He'll have a comedy gimmick and team with a comedy jobber, banking on it being Ryder, then job to a WWE wrestler that the WWE is really trying to push. The closest Asian wrestler I can think of that had any success in the WWE was Tajiri but it's still pretty rare to have an Asian wrestler making it in the WWE without being reduced as nothing but a complete joke.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Woohoo! Stable War!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    If WWE ever signed the guy I can tell you whats going to happen. He'll have a comedy gimmick and team with a comedy jobber, banking on it being Ryder, then job to a WWE wrestler that the WWE is really trying to push. The closest Asian wrestler I can think of that had any success in the WWE was Tajiri but it's still pretty rare to have an Asian wrestler making it in the WWE without being reduced as nothing but a complete joke.
    first time for everything.
    I can't remember a time when guys the size of CM Punk would be given the title for over a year.

i hope nakamura makes mashimo look legit, and will have to check for Polvora vs Titan and the recent Terrible vs Rush matches

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    first time for everything.
    I can't remember a time when guys the size of CM Punk would be given the title for over a year.
    the length of his title reign is a little misleading though, he had the belt but wasn't the main event for at least 1/2 of it.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 02-06-2013 at 04:25 AM.

CMLL was good tonight. kicked off with a 6man that had fuego and a bunch of guys i don't know by name. i know i've seen the dude who's mask looks like a gladiator helmet with a star on his face before. nice 6women, and the main was another 6man with roosh, maximo, marco corleone vs terrible, ultimo guerrero, i forgot who but atlantis got involved. anything with roosh & terrible is worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    It is a double edged sword. In one hand, WWE treats Asians like complete jokes. On the other hand, NJPW treats every wrestler equally, mostly the shoot style makes them to treat each other equally.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

So... New Beginning was alright.

The Suzuki-Gun/CHAOS feud isn't done by a long shot. Suzuki's gonna pay or all that smack talk he was spewing at Okada.

But the Main Event... Fantastic. The crowd was totally on Anderson's side, but I'm fine with Tana keeping the title.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by priunicron View Post
    It is a double edged sword. In one hand, WWE treats Asians like complete jokes. On the other hand, NJPW treats every wrestler equally, mostly the shoot style makes them to treat each other equally.
    that's not really true, NJPW has always and will most likely always favor the trueborns, and only in recent years have indy guys like tanaka or ibushi been given a good push.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    So... New Beginning was alright.

The Suzuki-Gun/CHAOS feud isn't done by a long shot. Suzuki's gonna pay or all that smack talk he was spewing at Okada.

But the Main Event... Fantastic. The crowd was totally on Anderson's side, but I'm fine with Tana keeping the title.
    sounds good. i've always enjoyed bad guys fighting, i remember as a kid reading captain america: streets of poison and just being so into red skull and his crew vs kingpin and his.

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    that's not really true, NJPW has always and will most likely always favor the trueborns, and only in recent years have indy guys like tanaka or ibushi been given a good push.
    Gedo and Jado look out for their friends.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!