Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

CMLL was fun. Singles match between La Sombra (who came out wearing a ridiculous amount of glow hoops) and Ultimo Guerrero (which was a decent match), and there was a trophy presented after the match to the winner. There was also an eight-man elimination tag that had a bunch of people in it - Stuka looked really good, so did Guerrero Maya and Dragon Rojo. Came down to Shocker and Tama Tonga (I now see that CMLL's back-up plan when they lost Terrible's hair was to import Tama Tonga and his Palamalu-like mane in it's place), and Shocker still can't do much of anything, but he tried hard, so I'll give having to watch him in an extended one-on-one match-up a pass this time.

I think that the show said there would be a match between each of these two matches' winners next week. Which I would like to see.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

FINALLY watched wrestle kingdom 2011, not going to revieeeeeeew tiiiime it because i watched online. will just say it was a good show overall. could've trimmed iizuka/tenzan & the TNA matches, though beer money were good in a really fun opening match, yano/RVD wasn't too bad, and i think hardy/naito could have a good match but not with those roles(hardy as the heel & naito as the face).
    everything else was pretty damn good, i even thought okada/goto vs sugiura/takayama was fun. loved the main event(tanahashi vs kojima) as well as shinsuke vs go & devitt vs ibushi. sombra/dorada vs liger/garza, nagata vs suzuki, & tanaka vs makabe were all solid matches.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

REVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW TIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NJPW 03/06/2011
    1. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tama Tonga & Tomoaki Honma vs Koji Kanemoto, Wataru Inoue & King Fale
    fun opener. i'm happy pretty much anytime i get to see honma not doing the job duties in NJ.

2. Giant Bernard, Tiger Mask IV & KUSHIDA vs Jado, Gedo & Tomohiro Ishii ok. nothing very memorable.

3. Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi good tag action. TAKA & taichi make for a pretty solid heel tandem. taichi's reaction to getting his whole shit busted open was pretty good.

4. New Japan Cup - Round 1: Manabu Nakanishi vs Yujiro Takahashi OK. nothing special.

5. New Japan Cup - Round 1: Karl Anderson vs MVP nice work. there was 1 outstanding spot that made me jump and say "OH FUCK!!" it was when machine gun came off the top rope and got caught in the face mid air by a yakuza boot.

6. New Japan Cup - Round 1: Hirooki Goto vs Shinsuke Nakamura very good. not their best match by far but still good even though you could pretty much tell how things were going to go from the beginning.

7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Yuji Nagata vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tetsuya Naito solid. happy it wasn't the usual DQ finish we get with iizuka matches. can't lie though i do alwas get a kick out of iizuka ripping that 1 commentators shirt off.

8. New Japan Cup - Round 1: Togi Makabe vs Satoshi Kojima pretty damn good. kept me guessing till the end. nice finish sequence.

overall probably not the best buy for your buck($6 2 discs), but definitely worth watching and has me looking forward to the next rd.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

CMLL was recap of stuff from earlier in the year, reyes del aire, blue panther/negro casas, a good womens title match, and trios title match. cool stuff.

I'm not going to spoil anything.

But I'm gutted, frankly.

Awesome show... but man, this one will be hard to take.
    You just have to be cool about it...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    I'm not going to spoil anything.

But I'm gutted, frankly.

Awesome show... but man, this one will be hard to take.
    spoil away c-, what happened??

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    spoil away c-, what happened??
    Ignoring the initial matches.

One pretty damn good tag match featuring KES getting a special entrance.

4 matches I would say were awesome (IE: Old dudes with MMA influences brawling for the third time in the dome = win, Triple Threat Junior match featuring Low-Ki wrestling in a wrestling-modified business suit = win, Sakuraba vs. Nakamura = so much win I couldn't believe it was Sakuraba wrestling in this match, and what do think the main event was?).

Did I mention that Suzuki got a live performance of his theme as his entrance? Not to mention, he did a fist bump with the singer. Awesome.

And a main event that would have made this PPV the best Tokyo Dome event in nearly or beyond a decade (actually, it is)... but the guy who won the main event... that one stings.

spoilers:
    Cena of Japan wins.
    end of spoilers

aww, that's not so bad. trust NJPW booking.

The board is going apeshit over this show and saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.
    Like, multiple threads on how awesome it was and how we are all assholes for not buying it.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

At least he can wrestle! WOMP WOMP!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

A picture to explain how awesome this ppv apprently was.
    This is what low ki wore DURING his match

By all reports his match was awesome.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Watching Wrestle Kingdom 7 right now.

I can't stop laughing at Low Ki wrestling in a suit. It's so awesome and hilarious at the same damn time. It's like I'm watching a DDT match.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The board is going apeshit over this show and saying it was the best thing since sliced bread.
    Like, multiple threads on how awesome it was and how we are all assholes for not buying it.
    i believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    At least he can wrestle! WOMP WOMP!
    i would take being called the cena of japan(or the tanahashi of the US for that matter) as seriously high praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    A picture to explain how awesome this ppv apprently was.
    This is what low ki wore DURING his match

By all reports his match was awesome.
    beats the ultra-tired trunks & shinguards look.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 01-04-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i would take being called the cena of japan(or the tanahashi of the US for that matter) as seriously high praise.
    Which it was meant to be. Yeah, I should have clarified. I disliked the result, but not the people involved.

Hopefully, NJPW prove me wrong... again. I don't pride myself as a booker at any means (not my profession, which I am extremely good at).

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    Which it was meant to be. Yeah, I should have clarified. I disliked the result, but not the people involved.

Hopefully, NJPW prove me wrong... again. I don't pride myself as a booker at any means (not my profession, which I am extremely good at).
    what i said was more in response to the "atleast he can wrestle" comment not yours.

i think it's a lot like the original okada vs tanahashi result. these things have to happen from time to time to keep the fans honest, and it's not like a silly swerve or anything but enough to keep us from thinking we know everytime there's going to be a title change. imo the result just shows the winner is still top dog and the loser is just behind him, and non-kayfabe the winner is likely the best wrestler.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 01-05-2013 at 05:31 AM.