Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

shit i think MVP's partner was originally going to be matt hardy.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    shit i think MVP's partner was originally going to be matt hardy.
    Oh Lord, thank you Shelton!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The closest to what I consider to be a dream tag team. WGTT II
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    i like shelton, but i don't see how he's some huge step up from matt. at least matt & MVP have some history together as former tag champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The closest to what I consider to be a dream tag team. WGTT II
    WGTT is bad enough, you'd really consider a part II some kind of dream??
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

WGTT is bad enough, you'd really consider a part II some kind of dream??
    I thought the joke of WGTT is they actually weren't the WGTT?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I thought the joke of WGTT is they actually weren't the WGTT?
    nobody told legato??

nobody told legato??
    He probably watched them in WWE and forgot they had negative charisma.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

i like shelton, but i don't see how he's some huge step up from matt. at least matt & MVP have some history together as former tag champions.
    I haven't ever liked the Hardy Boyz, ever.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

EDIT: Whoops, wrong forum.

But in some relevant stuff, G1 Climax 2012 so far has been excellent.
    Last edited by C-Cool; 11-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    You just have to be cool about it...

nobody told legato??
    Pretty bad joke since both participants are talented wrestlers. Regardless what you and Alex say
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Pretty bad joke since both participants are talented wrestlers. Regardless what you and Alex say
    More to being a pro wrestler than having technical skill bro.
    And Haas wasn't as good as Shelton, ever.

i never said they weren't talented, i just don't think anybody considers them a dream team or even anything special.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Finally got around to watching this weekend's CMLL - pretty good show. The first match was a relampago between Sangre Azteca and Fuego - Azteca seemed really slow and only got in one crotch stomp. Disappointing. The second match had Stuka Jr/Triton/Rey Cometa vs. Okamura/Namajague/Puma King - lots of good action. The main event was Rush/Maximo/Marco Corleone vs. Terrible/Ultimo Guerrero/Volador. Props to Volador for his Avatar outfit, even if it must have been a pain to wrestle with a tail on. This was an okay match - some comedy, some action, but Rush and Terrible weren't up to their blood-feud standards.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Finally got around to watching this weekend's CMLL - pretty good show. The first match was a relampago between Sangre Azteca and Fuego - Azteca seemed really slow and only got in one crotch stomp. Disappointing. The second match had Stuka Jr/Triton/Rey Cometa vs. Okamura/Namajague/Puma King - lots of good action. The main event was Rush/Maximo/Marco Corleone vs. Terrible/Ultimo Guerrero/Volador. Props to Volador for his Avatar outfit, even if it must have been a pain to wrestle with a tail on. This was an okay match - some comedy, some action, but Rush and Terrible weren't up to their blood-feud standards.
    man i'd completely forgot that rey cometa lost his mask.

you hear about terrible & tama tonga??

ok now it's finally back...REVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWW TIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!!
    AJPW 03/14/2011 & 03/21/2011
    3/14/11
    1. Taiyo Kea, Shawn Spears & Jake O'Reilly vs TARU, Joe Doering & Super Hate
    not good.

2. KENSO vs KONO way too one sided imo, plus i don't care for KENSO.

3. Kaz Hayashi vs Shuji Kondo this was awesome. started to feel they were whoring the finishers but then the actual finish made it right. great work by both guys and played well of previous match.

#291, 3/21/11
    4. Seiya Sanada & Manabu Soya vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi [BJW]
    OK it was awesome BUT i'd be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed by the finish. still well worth watching.

5. Suwama, Ryota Hama & KAI vs Masakatsu Funaki, Akebono & Minoru Suzuki pretty good stuff. suzuki really had it out for KAI for some reason which made things more interesting.

6. Hiroshi Yamato & BUSHI vs Minoru & MAZADA good jr tag action.

7. Zodiac vs Yasufumi Nakanoue eh, this was nothing really. very short, not so sweet.

overall a good buy at $3. tag match and kondo/hayashi were worth it alone.

caught the CMLL main event tonight and it was hot, ultimo guerrero, niebla rojo euforia vs diamante azul, la sombra, atlantis. ultimo, rojo & euforia really click as a trio. they all had matching gear so that hopefully means they be sticking together for awhile. anyways it was good work by all involved.