Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I've heard of IWRG, but I'm going to have to download it if I want to check anything out. Not necessarily a problem.

I guess Averno and Titan have a feud brewing in CMLL. I'm pretty excited about that - Averno's one of my favorites, and Titan (and Triton) were freaking great in their previous identities. I've forgotten which one is which, but I'm sure Averno's going to get something good out of Titan.
    CMLL was good tonight, solid 3 match show starting with delta vs skandalo relampago. good stuff, i dig delta. next a 6woman with dark angel/estrellita/luna magica vs princesa blanca & sujei/comadante that was cool, and then a damn good ultimo guerrero vs rey escorpion 3 falls. was kind of weird seeing ultimo as the good guy but then the finish made everything right in the world!!!!

felt good to watch after missing a few weeks.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

This is what the NJPW World Tag League looks like.

Three questions.

1) Where's Marufuji? I thought he'd team up with Suzuki for sure. But I guess the Z1/AJPW thing has a higher priority.

2) Where's Laughter7 (Sakuraba/Shibata)? They have some special tag matches, but they are not in the league.

3) Why aren't Nakamura and Okada teaming up? They thought they'd destroy the competition, so they nabbed up Ishii and Yoshi-Hashi.

Fun question, what the hell is Nakanishi doing to Strong Man!?!
    Last edited by Double 0; 11-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

My first thought after looking at this pic is "Finally a tag division worth something"
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Veteran Member

I can't help but to think Tanahashi joined the Avengers by looking at that pic.

Also DH Smith is making a bit of name for himself in NJPW huh? Thought he was going into MMA.

When did Shelton and MVP became a tag team?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    When did Shelton and MVP became a tag team?
    if i remember right earlier this year MVP was feuding with tanaka and his crew, MVP needed some back up. i think it was supposed to be somebody else but they canceled and benjamin replaced him.

i gotta go for goto & machine gun or tanaka & yujiro. i hope roosh/diamante & suzuki/mashimo have good showing too.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Finally got around to watching this week's CMLL. It was a lot of fun - Delta and Skandalo had a decent match, the women's match had costumes (which Estrellita kept popping out of hers), spanking, and Dark Angel flying all over the place (seriously, she's awesome), and then Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Escorpion tried to out-rudo one another. Fun hour of wrestling!

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    if i remember right earlier this year MVP was feuding with tanaka and his crew, MVP needed some back up. i think it was supposed to be somebody else but they canceled and benjamin replaced him.

i gotta go for goto & machine gun or tanaka & yujiro. i hope roosh/diamante & suzuki/mashimo have good showing too.

I'm thinking Sword and Guns (aka Goto and Anderson) are going to win it. Either them or Always Hypers. Someone other than TenKoji to take on the Killer Elite Squad. I'm almost absolutely sure a face team will win it... Just not Captain Ace (aka Tanahashi and Captain New Japan) lol.

I'm cheering for CHAOS Ride The Lightning (Okada and Yoshi-Hashi) and especially CHAOS Invincible (Nakamura and Ishii) for A Block, and Complete Players on B Block.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    Wasn't it Davey Richards?
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

I didn't like the last njippv as much as the first, but i still thought it was really good.
    Like, the main event was great, but it wasn't as great as the first one.
    I really really really liked the low ki/prince devitt match, like a lot. But someone more informed told me that it wasn't near some other match they had in the past.
    But he didn't remember what show it was on, if anyone is aware i'd love to see it, since i really enjoyed that match, and hearing there was another that was much better almost made my head explode.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Wasn't it Davey Richards?
    Nope, because Davey was at the event they started tagging, Wrestle Kingdom 6. Plus, Davey's considered a Junior.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Nope, because Davey was at the event they started tagging, Wrestle Kingdom 6. Plus, Davey's considered a Junior.
    Okay. I couldn't remember, either.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I didn't like the last njippv as much as the first, but i still thought it was really good.
    Like, the main event was great, but it wasn't as great as the first one.
    I really really really liked the low ki/prince devitt match, like a lot. But someone more informed told me that it wasn't near some other match they had in the past.
    But he didn't remember what show it was on, if anyone is aware i'd love to see it, since i really enjoyed that match, and hearing there was another that was much better almost made my head explode.
    He's probably talking about the Wrestling Dontaku match.

I agree that Power Struggle wasn't as good as King of Pro Wrestling. And yeah, Yujiro Takahashi is nowhere near the league of Minoru Suzuki.

It's Wrestle Kingdom that I'm really excited about though. Even if it's on January 4th.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Finally got around to watching this week's CMLL. It was a lot of fun - Delta and Skandalo had a decent match, the women's match had costumes (which Estrellita kept popping out of hers), spanking, and Dark Angel flying all over the place (seriously, she's awesome), and then Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Escorpion tried to out-rudo one another. Fun hour of wrestling!
    hell yeah!! not a good idea there rey.

I'm thinking Sword and Guns (aka Goto and Anderson) are going to win it. Either them or Always Hypers. Someone other than TenKoji to take on the Killer Elite Squad. I'm almost absolutely sure a face team will win it... Just not Captain Ace (aka Tanahashi and Captain New Japan) lol.

I'm cheering for CHAOS Ride The Lightning (Okada and Yoshi-Hashi) and especially CHAOS Invincible (Nakamura and Ishii) for A Block, and Complete Players on B Block.
    that's what i'm hoping. i also really hope mashimo isn't just the job boy for his team.

I agree that Power Struggle wasn't as good as King of Pro Wrestling. And yeah, Yujiro Takahashi is nowhere near the league of Minoru Suzuki.

It's Wrestle Kingdom that I'm really excited about though. Even if it's on January 4th.
    i haven't seen any of yujiro from this year, but i think he works better as a power style jr than as a small HW. i must admit though he was getting better by the end of 2010(yes i'm always behind on viewing).

also, ivp has a ton of great japanese wrestling, also a decent selection of lucha and some great comps both old and new of japanese wrestler and gaijins in japan, also some territory comps.

The best time of the year is HERE! Black Friday sale is now live at IVPvideos.com. From now until November 18th use coupon code BF to get 40% off your entire DVD order!

That is not all. Order over $100 worth of DVDs and use BF100 to get 45% off your entire DVD order!! That is by far the deepest discount we will ever offer and it only happens once per year.

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/index.php
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 11-14-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Will watch when i get home, or at lunch, thanks!