Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Indie Wrestling

The episodes will be up on thursdays for everyone.

ROH's website has now introduced a membership scheme. It actually looks pretty solid. For a membership fee($8 per month, $20 per quarter, or $60 per year) you get a whole bunch of goodies:

-An on demand video library with matches, full shows, and best ofs
    -Access to the TV show on mondays instead of thursdays, with no ads and the ability to go back and watch any old episode
    -15% off all merch at the store, inclusing items that are already on sale
    -discounts on the ppvs
    -access to exclusive online interviews/webchats with the wrestlers
    -no ads on any video content on the site
    -early access to tickets and new DVDs

On top of that, if you buy a yearly membership now, you get a free new logo shirt.

I'm actually really considering going for it. The only thing holding me back is that I don't see a way to look at what's all in the video library before signing up. It could be awesome, but it could also be lacking.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post

ROH's website has now introduced a membership scheme. It actually looks pretty solid. For a membership fee($8 per month, $20 per quarter, or $60 per year) you get a whole bunch of goodies:

-Access to the TV show on mondays instead of thursdays, with no ads and the ability to go back and watch any old episode
    -discounts on the ppvs

On top of that, if you buy a yearly membership now, you get a free new logo shirt.

I'm actually really considering going for it. The only thing holding me back is that I don't see a way to look at what's all in the video library before signing up. It could be awesome, but it could also be lacking.
    Twenty dollars every three-four months is pretty good.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Ring of Honor : "The Sinclair Era begins..."

Since we don't have a Ring of Honor thread for the new show. I'm gonna start one. This is my review...for it. Episode 1.

The Good - The opening has Kevin Kelly joined by the surprise Nigel (the former Desmond Wolfe of TNA) . Nigel is happy to be back in ROH and isn't there to over shadow anyone. He's basically the color commentator for this show. Nice move.

We get a very damn good tag match with Future Shock vs Bravado Brothers. I really liked when the Bravado's would mention their grandmother and acted like really nice boys. They have changed them a bit and now bring up their Cherokee heritage. Plus claim they wanna be role models.

The moves Future Shock did I can't describe. Really nice tag team. I loved the finisher.

I really loved seeing the Best in the World spots. Where we see Davey Richards win the title. It was very beautiful as a moment seeing Richards win and tell Eddie Edwards that he was his brother and he had to do it. Then he dedicated the win to his grand parents. It was nice.

Then we get more clips and I loved seeing the utter heel greatness of the Brisco Brothers destroy WGT post match. I even got some deep fuzzy ECW feelings in my heart.

ROH was hawking the site and merch heavy. Which is a great move. I'd be doing it. Plus dates they are gonna be touring. The best moment was seeing the Brisco Brothers show up and discuss how no ones seen anyone like them. I have to admit , they really are cool to watch.

Its gonna take time to get used to Jay Lethal being a serious wrestler. I know he's trying to showcase himself. But I'll miss the Black Machismo .

The Main Event tag match was very damn good. I honestly felt that Kings of Wrestling would win at some points. But WGT won .

The Bad - Someone please get a fucking gun and make Kevin Kelly shut up. I don't wanna hear about what an anonymous guy posted on a twitter. Plus is he the best annoucer you can get ? Theres no one else who can call play by play right now around ?

I don't hate Kelly. But I never really saw him calling play by play and I doubt I will. Nigel is gonna take time to do color .

OVERALL - It was a good show . 2 good tag team matches and clips from the last IPPV. It was really good. The only drawback is Kelly and his weak annoucing .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post

-discounts on the ppvs

I'll take a wait and see approach

I havent been watching roh, or any wrestling really, since Danielson left for wwe, been thinking of ordering a few dvd's to see how the promotion is going.
    Pull list: Savage Dragon, Walking Dead, Invincible, Crossed, Morning Glories, The Boys, Planet of the Apes, Kirby Genesis, Warlord of Mars, PunisherMax, Fables.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

PWG - Preview - The Perils of Rock N' Roll Decadence
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PWGWrestling

looks cool.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I can't believe I'm saying this... I really can't.

But so far, Urban Wresting Federation has been pretty dang entertaining.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post

I have been really interested in seeing this. Its basically wrestling matches in real world settings or was that just for the promo that I saw?

are they doing a show now or another ppv or what?? i thought it looked like fun from the get go, but don't have very high xpectations.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    are they doing a show now or another ppv or what?? i thought it looked like fun from the get go, but don't have very high xpectations.
    So far just PPVs. I saw the second one last night...

I mean, the biggest flaw is that they stroke the hell outta "the game" and how it's "changed", and how you've gotta be tough to survive, and there are no "studio ganstas" there (though there's a bunch of rappers in it... Ahem).

They are trying to make it seem like a mix of Def Jam Vendetta (actual wrestling ring) and Def Jam NY (plenty of unofficial street fights, warring factions, guns and knives being used in backstage segments, mixing betting on fights and illegal activities... Pretty much everything else).

Oh, and it made Willie Mack look even more awesome (only guy to wrestle with actual ring gear aka his short tights, which was laughed at by his crew).

Funny though, Reyes and Scorpio Sky also had ring gear on, but they were pants unlike Willie.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

So far just PPVs. I saw the second one last night...

I mean, the biggest flaw is that they stroke the hell outta "the game" and how it's "changed", and how you've gotta be tough to survive, and there are no "studio ganstas" there (though there's a bunch of rappers in it... Ahem).

They are trying to make it seem like a mix of Def Jam Vendetta (actual wrestling ring) and Def Jam NY (plenty of unofficial street fights, warring factions, guns and knives being used in backstage segments, mixing betting on fights and illegal activities... Pretty much everything else).

Oh, and it made Willie Mack look even more awesome (only guy to wrestle with actual ring gear aka his short tights, which was laughed at by his crew).

Funny though, Reyes and Scorpio Sky also had ring gear on, but they were pants unlike Willie.
    i watched some stuff on youtube last night. i'm curious to see where things will go or if they will go beyond the "get that money" and this crew vs that crew stuff.

willies ring gear is kind of funny looking(and unflattering) but willie makes it work. i wonder why they have scorpio and other guys misplaced as far as crews go??

also it looked like they were thinking like myself in that ricky ortiz could be "beast" amongst indy sized wrestlers. i'm curious to see how he does.

how much do the ppv cost??

willies ring gear is kind of funny looking(and unflattering) but willie makes it work. i wonder why they have scorpio and other guys misplaced as far as crews go??
    Scorpio I think was working with Briscoe, sort of. They have him as a movie star/wrestler that wanted to help his old friend.

also it looked like they were thinking like myself in that ricky ortiz could be "beast" amongst indy sized wrestlers. i'm curious to see how he does.
    He and a few other guys like pretty dang big compared to guys like Ricky Reyes.

how much do the ppv cost??
    I honestly forgot.

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

lucha libre USA starts up again on Mtv2, nybody going to watch?? i'll be at work still

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

lucha libre USA starts up again on Mtv2, nybody going to watch?? i'll be at work still
    I recorded it, there's no way I'm getting up at 7 AM on a Saturday for anything!

I read that Paul London took over the Sydistiko character from TJP, so I'm curious to see that.

Epic match from Jay Lethal and El Generico on ROH.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!