Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Indie Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    generico & callihan are both awesome, i'd wager they work shit out and have a good match in evolve. it shouldn't be too hard, sami hits generico hard, generico sells it like death, generico makes comeback and either wins or just falls short. i'd imagine sami would have to be the heel.

i really want to see how callihan vs steen went.

alex, sami will most likely not be your cup of tea(especially with that whole clothesline anti-fetish thing) but if you really want to se him at his best you should hunt down the stuff from his feud with adam cole. will likely make you a big fan of cole if nothing else.
    It wasn't his moves, he looks confused in the ring, and was like 5 seconds late on everything, and out of position a lot. And he seemed to have a fun douche character that he mostly dropped once the match started. And he had stupid ring gear, which may not be his fault.

The new Gentlemen's Club episode is out now... but first.

Mind the language, but I ended up laughing for minutes because of this. From 2006.

Last edited by C-Cool; 05-09-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    You just have to be cool about it...

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    The new Gentlemen's Club episode is out now... but first.

Mind the language, but I ended up laughing for minutes because of this. From 2006.

What... The... Hell?
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It wasn't his moves, he looks confused in the ring, and was like 5 seconds late on everything, and out of position a lot. And he seemed to have a fun douche character that he mostly dropped once the match started. And he had stupid ring gear, which may not be his fault.
    not sure what match or matches you saw so i'll just say he's not perfect, but he knows what he's doing in(and out of)the ring and again if you want to see what the hype is about see his matches adam cole and go from there.

it's been said before but i'll say it again, sexy chucky T is great.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

not sure what match or matches you saw so i'll just say he's not perfect, but he knows what he's doing in(and out of)the ring and again if you want to see what the hype is about see his matches adam cole and go from there.

it's been said before but i'll say it again, sexy chucky T is great.
    Like i said, i only saw 2 matches, and it's not like...random 6 year old who tells me he's good, its wrestling fans, so i figured i just saw a match where he was sort of off, and the other match was against Sabu i think so...yknow, can't blame the guy too much.
    I stand by the stupid ring gear thing though, looks like the fucking missing link.

Like i said, i only saw 2 matches, and it's not like...random 6 year old who tells me he's good, its wrestling fans, so i figured i just saw a match where he was sort of off, and the other match was against Sabu i think so...yknow, can't blame the guy too much.
    I stand by the stupid ring gear thing though, looks like the fucking missing link.
    i don't think the ring gear is bad, it's pretty much the same as taz used to wear, but it's not flattering on him imo. doesn't bother me much anymore as he's continued to improve his physique. this is what he looked like in 06
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

i don't think the ring gear is bad, it's pretty much the same as taz used to wear, but it's not flattering on him imo. doesn't bother me much anymore as he's continued to improve his physique. this is what he looked like in 06
    Im not saying i don't like it because it looks bad on him, i just plain think it looks stupid.
    Like, if anyone worse that now i would think it would look stupid.

Im not saying i don't like it because it looks bad on him, i just plain think it looks stupid.
    Like, if anyone worse that now i would think it would look stupid.
    i disagree. i think it looks better on stockier guys, like taz or finlay(speaking of whom has also had some really good matches with sami from what i hear) back in the days. more importantly though i do like that it sets him apart, last thing i want to see is another guy with trunks and
    matching shinguards and kneepads.

i disagree. i think it looks better on stockier guys, like taz or finlay(speaking of whom has also had some really good matches with sami from what i hear) back in the days. more importantly though i do like that it sets him apart, last thing i want to see is another guy with trunks and
    matching shinguards and kneepads.
    He could wear jeans then, that would be different.
    He can also talk and is in a promotion that often uses guys who can't even speak english, so that sets him apart.

He could wear jeans then, that would be different.
    He can also talk and is in a promotion that often uses guys who can't even speak english, so that sets him apart.
    jeans are for "insert city here" streetfights/deathmatches imo, and i think he's attempted to move away from the image of a "garbage" wrestler over the years. he's wrestled in regular trunks before though, really didn't make much difference i thought. i guess i'm just used to it. when i 1st saw him as a jobber in RoH i also said i wish he'd get different ring attire(because i thought it was unflattering on him)

jeans are for "insert city here" streetfights/deathmatches imo, and i think he's attempted to move away from the image of a "garbage" wrestler over the years. he's wrestled in regular trunks before though, really didn't make much difference i thought. i guess i'm just used to it. when i 1st saw him as a jobber in RoH i also said i wish he'd get different ring attire(because i thought it was unflattering on him)
    Im shocked we have talked about it this much, i just said i don't like dudes ring gear, it's not a huge deal or anything, i'm not avoiding watching him wrestle because of it or somesuch.
    The only time i ever stopped watching wrestling because of someone's ring gear was a big daddy v match, and it was against Kane so i probably would have skipped it anyway.

Im shocked we have talked about it this much, i just said i don't like dudes ring gear, it's not a huge deal or anything, i'm not avoiding watching him wrestle because of it or somesuch.
    The only time i ever stopped watching wrestling because of someone's ring gear was a big daddy v match, and it was against Kane so i probably would have skipped it anyway.
    i agree and wasn't under the impression you were avoiding watching because of the ring gear. just sharing my thoughts on that type of singlet on him and in general.

i agree and wasn't under the impression you were avoiding watching because of the ring gear. just sharing my thoughts on that type of singlet on him and in general.
    Ill keep trying, was excited to see him and generico and then kid told me he already had a shit match with him. so perhaps going in with low expectations will be good for me.

Ill keep trying, was excited to see him and generico and then kid told me he already had a shit match with him. so perhaps going in with low expectations will be good for me.

you could always just watch his matches with cole or finlay that are pretty heavily praised already for a safe bet.

you could always just watch his matches with cole or finlay that are pretty heavily praised already for a safe bet.
    No, ill just watch a show i was going to watch anyway with him on it, no effort that way.