Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Indie Wrestling

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Anybody catch the National Geographic wrestling show last night? It was pretty interesting - focusing on an indie running in the northeast. It also followed three indie wrestlers - Danny Inferno (formerly a WWE developmental talent), Shiima Xion (Zima Ion from TNA, but before he hooked up with them), and some guy named JD Smoothie, who runs a vacuum repair shop for a day job.

They'll probably re-run it, I thought it was definitely worth catching. It showed a ROH try-out camp that Xion and Inferno got to go to, which was cool because Delerious talked in a normal voice, but was still wearing his mask. Plus, background cameos from Luke Gallows and Tommy Dreamer, among others.

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    was wondering about something like this, does it go with indie or international??
    I'd say indie.
    I'd put international in stuff like the big international promotions and indie to the smaller stuff.

Oh, and you'll be chuffed to know that the new PWA Heavyweight Champion is MARK DAVIS, who won the title in a blistering match against one of the best Australian wrestlers ever, 'Jag' Hartley Jackson.
    Here's the man himself with a few words about... um...
    http://www.pwaaustralia.com/2011/07/1300/
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

On an unrelated point, a friend of mine who works under the name 'Mister J' and who's been doing wrestling cartoons for decades now (most recently with Pro Wrestling Illustrated) has just started providing regular content for the NWA.
    Well worth checking his stuff out both here and on the Facebooks, where there's a shit-ton of it.
    http://www.nwawrestling.com/index.ph...lia&Itemid=446
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Anybody catch the National Geographic wrestling show last night? It was pretty interesting - focusing on an indie running in the northeast. It also followed three indie wrestlers - Danny Inferno (formerly a WWE developmental talent), Shiima Xion (Zima Ion from TNA, but before he hooked up with them), and some guy named JD Smoothie, who runs a vacuum repair shop for a day job.

They'll probably re-run it, I thought it was definitely worth catching. It showed a ROH try-out camp that Xion and Inferno got to go to, which was cool because Delerious talked in a normal voice, but was still wearing his mask. Plus, background cameos from Luke Gallows and Tommy Dreamer, among others.
    I saw it, and can't help but wonder if it's meant to be a pilot for an ongoing show.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I saw it, and can't help but wonder if it's meant to be a pilot for an ongoing show.
    It did feel like the story didn't reach a conclusion. One problem is that while ROH was cooperating, TNA might not cooperate with them following Shiima Zion around.

Easy enough to put in a caption that a wrestler has signed with a major company and switch to a new guy. Or even go with new people each episode.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    I'd say indie.
    I'd put international in stuff like the big international promotions and indie to the smaller stuff.

Oh, and you'll be chuffed to know that the new PWA Heavyweight Champion is MARK DAVIS, who won the title in a blistering match against one of the best Australian wrestlers ever, 'Jag' Hartley Jackson.
    Here's the man himself with a few words about... um...
    http://www.pwaaustralia.com/2011/07/1300/
    nice. *pats self on back for knowing potential when i see it*

still haven't seen hartley's stuff in Z1 but should be picking some up soon though.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

so i finished up a large block of CZW from 2010 and my thoughts:

despite not having the ***** MOTYC epic classic matches it remains fun to watch for the most part.

callihan, ego fantasitco/robert the ego anthony, adam cole, and devon moore's character developments are particularly impressive over the year.

nick gage doesn't suck quite as bad as i thought he did.

drake younger is a great guy to have on the roster for many reasons as is kingston when his head is right.

rich swann grew a lot as a worker over the year.

AR fox is a joy to watch.

ryan slater, whom i'd never heard of is actually pretty good despite having a terrible look. him & joe gacy seem to be a good tag team.

i kind of like alex colon & bandito jr

drew gulak isn't bad

jon moxley was a great champion for the company

DJ hyde, greg xcellent, and team maction suck and i still can't stand nick fukin gage
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    nice. *pats self on back for knowing potential when i see it*

still haven't seen hartley's stuff in Z1 but should be picking some up soon though.
    He's great. Kind of a cross between Arn Anderson and Taz, just a bad-ass nuggety guy. I think he did a Stan Hansonesque cowboy thing in Z1 when he was tagging with Corrino, but the guy's an incredible talent.

Since this is still indie until further notice.

Time to make history or be history, Titus and King. You got the Kings of Wrestling leaving the indies and Future Shock knocking on the doors of the future right behind you.

The Briscoes stand before you, the icons of Ring of Honor's tag division, and they're what's between you and destiny.

History beckons All Night Express!

(If only this was for the title...)
    You just have to be cool about it...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post

Time to make history or be history, Titus and King. You got the Kings of Wrestling leaving the indies and Future Shock knocking on the doors of the future right behind you.

The Briscoes stand before you, the icons of Ring of Honor's tag division, and they're what's between you and destiny.

ANX really have been given the ball and running with it. The great thing about ROH tag team division is that it actually has tag teams in it.

This will be all kinds of awesome

You know, if I am fired today, I probably going to go.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

HELL yes. Ladder War 3. Insta buy.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur