Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indie Wrestling

Hybrid View

Default Indie Wrestling

This is where you can chat about various indie promotions such as ROH, Dragon Gate USA, CZW, CHIKARA, etc.
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 08-22-2011 at 04:10 PM.

As some of you probably know by now, Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins is starting a wrestling company. I did an interview with one of his co-owners and wrote an article that I think pretty much explains everything that we could possibly know about the company.

You can check it here: http://jaedmc.blogspot.com/2011/08/u...esistance.html

Their current roster as of right now is:
    Harry (D.H.) Smith
    Teddy Hart
    Jay Bradley(he's been wrestling for AAW up here in Chicago and was once Ryan Braddock for the WWE a while back)
    Simply Lucious(the only female to graduate from HBK's Wrestling Academy)
    Kevin Steen

What I do know is that as of my interview they had 80% of the first card hammered down, so they have other folks on the roster they're just teasing them out.
    DEVIL MAY CARE: WRESTLING My Article on Resistance Pro is a GO!

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

I'll be attending the first show of a new local wrestling federation on Saturday evening, the Australian Wrestling Alliance.
    http://www.auswrestlingalliance.com/
    Unfortunately, the local fed I was following (PWAQ) kind of imploded, which is a damn shame, but it looks like most of the talent is headed to the new guys.
    Some really, really strong talent here... I just hope they can get the crowds.
    The last PWAQ show I attended had a pretty damn small crowd, which is a drag, because most of the in-ring talent was still top-notch.
    Still, AWA has some great trainers in Esteban Molina and AJ Istria, and both guys have a really strong work ethic, which I'm certain will carry across to the rest of the roster.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    I'll be attending the first show of a new local wrestling federation on Saturday evening, the Australian Wrestling Alliance.
    http://www.auswrestlingalliance.com/
    Unfortunately, the local fed I was following (PWAQ) kind of imploded, which is a damn shame, but it looks like most of the talent is headed to the new guys.
    Some really, really strong talent here... I just hope they can get the crowds.
    The last PWAQ show I attended had a pretty damn small crowd, which is a drag, because most of the in-ring talent was still top-notch.
    Still, AWA has some great trainers in Esteban Molina and AJ Istria, and both guys have a really strong work ethic, which I'm certain will carry across to the rest of the roster.
    But, there already was an AWA!

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    But, there already was an AWA!
    Yeah, I know, but pretty much all the three-letter acronyms are taken. Seriously.
    Besides, we had a WCW before you guys but you don't see us complaining.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    Yeah, I know, but pretty much all the three-letter acronyms are taken. Seriously.
    Besides, we had a WCW before you guys but you don't see us complaining.
    I bet there isn't a ...um...
    AAW.
    Amazingly Awesome Wrestling!

Default Chikara

Any fans here of Chikara?

http://www.chikarapro.com/

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Neal View Post
    Any fans here of Chikara?

http://www.chikarapro.com/

BIG fan of Chikara.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Just getting into Chikara. Liking what I have seen so far
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

REVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DGUSA united NYC 1/29/11 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuZ1t3kIbuQ

1) Akira Tozawa vs. Sami Callihan great opener, head drop fest but that's most of it's charm

2) Jon Moxley vs. Jigsaw VERY GOOD. i hadn't seen jigsaw in awhile and he's put on some muscle. well worked smart match.

3) Jimmy Jacobs vs. Brodie Lee decent, i'm not much into either guy though.

4) Austin Aries vs. Rich Swann OK, a little disappointed as this was the biggest stage i've seen rich swann perform on and he seemed to let the nerves get to him.

5) Open The Freedom Gate Championship: BxB Hulk vs. Yamato really damn good but they messed up the finish(and that finisher usually looks pretty damn good)

6) Round Robin Tournament Match: Naruki Doi & Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano awesome. chucky & johnny work very well together.

7) Round Robin Tournament Match: CIMA & Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino & Pac good. pac also put on some muscle. typical DG style tag here so if you really dig that you may enjoy more than me.

over all a very good show. RONNIN BABY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2Ac-L_ETg i knew rich swann was cool but i didn't know he was this awesome!!
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

When does ROH's show begin?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Ring of Honor : "The Sinclair Era begins..."

Since we don't have a Ring of Honor thread for the new show. I'm gonna start one. This is my review...for it. Episode 1.

The Good - The opening has Kevin Kelly joined by the surprise Nigel (the former Desmond Wolfe of TNA) . Nigel is happy to be back in ROH and isn't there to over shadow anyone. He's basically the color commentator for this show. Nice move.

We get a very damn good tag match with Future Shock vs Bravado Brothers. I really liked when the Bravado's would mention their grandmother and acted like really nice boys. They have changed them a bit and now bring up their Cherokee heritage. Plus claim they wanna be role models.

The moves Future Shock did I can't describe. Really nice tag team. I loved the finisher.

I really loved seeing the Best in the World spots. Where we see Davey Richards win the title. It was very beautiful as a moment seeing Richards win and tell Eddie Edwards that he was his brother and he had to do it. Then he dedicated the win to his grand parents. It was nice.

Then we get more clips and I loved seeing the utter heel greatness of the Brisco Brothers destroy WGT post match. I even got some deep fuzzy ECW feelings in my heart.

ROH was hawking the site and merch heavy. Which is a great move. I'd be doing it. Plus dates they are gonna be touring. The best moment was seeing the Brisco Brothers show up and discuss how no ones seen anyone like them. I have to admit , they really are cool to watch.

Its gonna take time to get used to Jay Lethal being a serious wrestler. I know he's trying to showcase himself. But I'll miss the Black Machismo .

The Main Event tag match was very damn good. I honestly felt that Kings of Wrestling would win at some points. But WGT won .

The Bad - Someone please get a fucking gun and make Kevin Kelly shut up. I don't wanna hear about what an anonymous guy posted on a twitter. Plus is he the best annoucer you can get ? Theres no one else who can call play by play right now around ?

I don't hate Kelly. But I never really saw him calling play by play and I doubt I will. Nigel is gonna take time to do color .

OVERALL - It was a good show . 2 good tag team matches and clips from the last IPPV. It was really good. The only drawback is Kelly and his weak annoucing .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I know it's not international wrestling but they've brought in a ton of international stars in the past.

Anyone missing Chikara pro, check out my new blog detailing my adventures in Chikara-land.

http://thepassionofthechikara.blogspot.com/

Thanksssss.

#IamCHIKARA

Default CHIKARA Pro ARG

I am new here and hope I am not breaking any rules.. I want to start off by saying I gain no profit from this and am not apart of the company; I am just a huge fan. One of the greatest professional wrestling companies, CHIKARA, was shut down back in June. A group of us including CHIKARA star, Icarus, are trying to bring it back. Just a couple nights ago, we got #IAmCHIKARA trending in the United States.

The reason I write this here is that CHIKARA is basically a comic book come to life. The storylines often reflect those of major comics and share a lot of similarities. Its a wrestling universe that includes; Human Ants, a female luchadore from Outer Space, a group of Human Ants that are a throwback to gimmicky toys, a tag team that consist of a 1970s ABA style player and his partner, an old timey King of Baseball. Alot of the wrestlers are even major comic book nerds and I say that in a good way.

If you are a fan of comic books and love to see it bleed into other forms of entertainment or if you were a fan of wrestling as a child and loved the over the top characters, CHIKARA Pro Wrestling is the wrestling company for you.

Please check out the various websites for CHIKARA;
    CHIKARAPro.com, Youtube.com/chikaraoffice, and SmartMarkVideo.com

The promotion has been shut down since June, but with the help of former CHIKARA stars, fans like me, and hopefully new fans reading this; CHIKARA will come back better and strong. We need this great wrestling alternative. #IAmCHIKARA, are you?

Hey folks, olde-time CBRite here, been away for a while but wanted to back Kronus up on what he's said - the Chikara ARG is basically the most fun, comics-like thing I've ever seen in wrestling (to the extent that it got me into the promotion from scratch). Paul O'Brien and I did a big post about it over on the House to Astonish blog - check it out, it should hopefully fill in some if the gaps if you're curious... http://www.housetoastonish.com/?p=2056