Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Indie Wrestling

Default Indie Wrestling

This is where you can chat about various indie promotions such as ROH, Dragon Gate USA, CZW, CHIKARA, etc.
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 08-22-2011 at 04:10 PM.

As some of you probably know by now, Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins is starting a wrestling company. I did an interview with one of his co-owners and wrote an article that I think pretty much explains everything that we could possibly know about the company.

You can check it here: http://jaedmc.blogspot.com/2011/08/u...esistance.html

Their current roster as of right now is:
    Harry (D.H.) Smith
    Teddy Hart
    Jay Bradley(he's been wrestling for AAW up here in Chicago and was once Ryan Braddock for the WWE a while back)
    Simply Lucious(the only female to graduate from HBK's Wrestling Academy)
    Kevin Steen

What I do know is that as of my interview they had 80% of the first card hammered down, so they have other folks on the roster they're just teasing them out.
    DEVIL MAY CARE: WRESTLING My Article on Resistance Pro is a GO!

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

I'll be attending the first show of a new local wrestling federation on Saturday evening, the Australian Wrestling Alliance.
    http://www.auswrestlingalliance.com/
    Unfortunately, the local fed I was following (PWAQ) kind of imploded, which is a damn shame, but it looks like most of the talent is headed to the new guys.
    Some really, really strong talent here... I just hope they can get the crowds.
    The last PWAQ show I attended had a pretty damn small crowd, which is a drag, because most of the in-ring talent was still top-notch.
    Still, AWA has some great trainers in Esteban Molina and AJ Istria, and both guys have a really strong work ethic, which I'm certain will carry across to the rest of the roster.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    I'll be attending the first show of a new local wrestling federation on Saturday evening, the Australian Wrestling Alliance.
    Unfortunately, the local fed I was following (PWAQ) kind of imploded, which is a damn shame, but it looks like most of the talent is headed to the new guys.
    The last PWAQ show I attended had a pretty damn small crowd, which is a drag, because most of the in-ring talent was still top-notch.
    Still, AWA has some great trainers in Esteban Molina and AJ Istria, and both guys have a really strong work ethic, which I'm certain will carry across to the rest of the roster.
    But, there already was an AWA!

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    But, there already was an AWA!
    Yeah, I know, but pretty much all the three-letter acronyms are taken. Seriously.
    Besides, we had a WCW before you guys but you don't see us complaining.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Yeah, I know, but pretty much all the three-letter acronyms are taken. Seriously.
    Besides, we had a WCW before you guys but you don't see us complaining.
    I bet there isn't a ...um...
    AAW.
    Amazingly Awesome Wrestling!

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

was wondering about something like this, does it go with indie or international??

anyways i forgot BOLA was last weekend, glad to hear generico won(i root for him every year).

next show looks pretty good too.
    http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/
    steen vs richards, TJP returns to face edwards, dynasty vs the bucks and the supersmash bros debut against rockNES monsters.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Here's a pretty good interview with TJ Perkins (aka Puma, Sydistiko, etc):

Interview with TJP

Wrestling Revolution Project is announcing a new wrestler for their new promotion each day - so far it involves Colt Cabana, Ken Doane (Kenny Dykstra), and Dr. Luther.

I'm curious about this one - Dr. Luther was a regular top guy in Portland Wrestling a handful of years ago, and I always enjoyed his work.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I cannot wait for this PPV.

Also, it's been said that the new promotion Corgan's creating is gonna be booked by Raven.

I've heard a lot of great things about Raven's intellect and booking skills. I hope the hype is true.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post

I've heard a lot of great things about Raven's intellect and booking skills. I hope the hype is true.
    I've heard a lot of things about his instability and drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've heard a lot of things about his instability and drug use.
    I've heard he's pretty clean now, but I can't speak for that.

Still to used to posting in the main thread but I should have mentioned this here.

The young bucks are returning to ROH.

I guess Booker T and Goldust's comments soured the WWE on them.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Also, it's been said that the new promotion Corgan's creating is gonna be booked by Raven.

It is not booked by Raven. He's more like an agent. They're using Raven to help work with guys on characters. Billy Corgan and The Barons are booking it.
    DEVIL MAY CARE: WRESTLING My Article on Resistance Pro is a GO!

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaeDMC View Post
    It is not booked by Raven. He's more like an agent. They're using Raven to help work with guys on characters. Billy Corgan and The Barons are booking it.
    Even more interesting.

I really want to see what they've got in store. There have been a strange mix of different Indy promotions rising up as of late, hopefully this new one adds it's own unique flavor.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

i hope they bring in corino.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order