Page 238 of 341 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 5107
  1. #3556
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Funk
    Posts
    3,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It wasn't on tv, but Richards/Elgin from the last ppv was easily the best american wrestling match i've seen in some time.
    I've heard good things about that. I guess though I don't think that Davey Richards is a better version of some of the "tough guy" kicky guys that they've had in the past. And their roster depth is really, really bad.

  2. #3557
    Senior Member doolbnoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    well... TNA is finally clearing 'something' up. TV up for grabs every week. that's how i remember it. RVD had his ECW TV belt for 2 yrs before injury.

    the Knockout titles need to be around the waists of KNOCKOUTS, not two hillbilly character/comedians. having them have them have the belts means what supposedly? TNT should have those belts again.

    TNA needs to fuel the feud between Velvet + Gail/Madison. thing is Velvet needs a partner and put them in more cage matches, on Impact even.

    even though i never kept up with it becuz i couldn't, and now i rarely watch it- i'm not too impressed with ROH's stories. the wrestling is alright, but i foresee talent of 'high' caliber leaving. the only place the Briscoes have is ROH. hard to sell them either in TNA or WWe.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

  3. #3558
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doolbnoom View Post

    even though i never kept up with it becuz i couldn't, and now i rarely watch it- i'm not too impressed with ROH's stories. the wrestling is alright, but i foresee talent of 'high' caliber leaving. the only place the Briscoes have is ROH. hard to sell them either in TNA or WWe.
    TNa built a ppv around broken down ecw guys, im pretty sure they can use the Briscoes.

  4. #3559
    Senior Member Huthaifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,982

    Default

    Honestly, if you are TNA right now, dont you just cut a bunch of guys, and refill your midcard with newbies. There is no one there right now that they can make a bigger star other than Aries.Basically keep all of your champs and your top 5 heels and faces, then cut bait with everyone else.

  5. #3560
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Honestly, if you are TNA right now, dont you just cut a bunch of guys, and refill your midcard with newbies. There is no one there right now that they can make a bigger star other than Aries.Basically keep all of your champs and your top 5 heels and faces, then cut bait with everyone else.
    Yeah, it's not like people are tuning in for...well, anyone actually. But i've read Dixie hates firing people, has a big heart.

  6. #3561
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Funk
    Posts
    3,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Honestly, if you are TNA right now, dont you just cut a bunch of guys, and refill your midcard with newbies. There is no one there right now that they can make a bigger star other than Aries.Basically keep all of your champs and your top 5 heels and faces, then cut bait with everyone else.
    Aside from Roode/Storm/Bully Ray/Aries, pretty much everyone is replaceable (in a creative sense). For continuity's sake, you should probably keep another dozen people, but there's no real excuse for paying guys like Anderson or RVD to do what they do, considering they could probably hire Davey Richards, the Briscoes, Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen, and El Generico all together for what either of those guys make.

    I still think it's worth keeping Hardy just for the ability to sell arm pantyhose to teenagers.

  7. #3562
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I loved Roode's crazy frizzed out hair at the end of a match.

    Wasn't there a story about Kaz having been there for a month or so, and then trying to have a conversation with the writers, who were unaware that he worked for WWE?
    bobby had the best hair in wrestling

    i remember that, also i think around that time kidman broke chavitos face with a SSP so they also wanted the cruisers to tone down the moves. i also think he said he was hired under the premise that he was being hired because they wanted to revamp the cruiser division, after he was hired they had a change of heart hence he never saw real TV time.

    Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I've heard good things about that. I guess though I don't think that Davey Richards is a better version of some of the "tough guy" kicky guys that they've had in the past. And their roster depth is really, really bad.
    i think the reason davey works better in PWG is because he's their resident tough kicky guy on a more diverse roster and does a little comedy from time to time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    TNa built a ppv around broken down ecw guys, im pretty sure they can use the Briscoes.
    if they couldn't use the bucks(who are more safe & healthier) i don't see what they can do with the briscoes.

    Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    Aside from Roode/Storm/Bully Ray/Aries, pretty much everyone is replaceable (in a creative sense). For continuity's sake, you should probably keep another dozen people, but there's no real excuse for paying guys like Anderson or RVD to do what they do, considering they could probably hire Davey Richards, the Briscoes, Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen, and El Generico all together for what either of those guys make.
    I still think it's worth keeping Hardy just for the ability to sell arm pantyhose to teenagers.
    IDK, i think those guys help to sell tickets when they go on the road because of the name value. i don't see any of the indy guys doing that.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  8. #3563
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

    if they couldn't use the bucks(who are more safe & healthier) i don't see what they can do with the briscoes.
    Briscoes know how to shake hands!

  9. #3564
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Funk
    Posts
    3,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    i think the reason davey works better in PWG is because he's their resident tough kicky guy on a more diverse roster and does a little comedy from time to time.

    I think you're right about the (non) diverse roster of ROH. It's as if the company's create-a-wrestler setting is stuck on BJ Whitmer.

  10. #3565
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I think you're right about the (non) diverse roster of ROH. It's as if the company's create-a-wrestler setting is stuck on BJ Whitmer.
    LOL. did i ever tell you i once stood in line behind davey and kyle oriley at fatburger in LA?? they ordered their burgers with no condiments and fries with no salt.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  11. #3566
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,213

    Default

    mmmm Fatburger
    Support your local roller derby league

  12. #3567
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope
    Posts
    7,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    mmmm Fatburger
    relish on a burger, who'd of thunk it??
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

  13. #3568
    Senior Member Howard Allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    Fat Burger sucks. They're greasier than McDonalds or Dairy Queen. Harvey's is where it's at. Clean burgers.
    Religion is like a fart. It's only good when all the others stink.

  14. #3569
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Planet Funk
    Posts
    3,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    LOL. did i ever tell you i once stood in line behind davey and kyle oriley at fatburger in LA?? they ordered their burgers with no condiments and fries with no salt.
    Nice. No condiments? Yuck - I gotta at least have some mustard. I miss Fatburger!

    I stood behind Davey at a concession stand at a Portland Wrestling show years ago - he was just getting a soda a little while after his match.

  15. #3570
    Senior Member doolbnoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    while we're sharing stories...
    we were at an indy show at like a hotel ballroom. DDP was there and Al Snow

    funny thing is is when my buddy came back from the bathroom he's like," you know who was in there too?"

    "who?" I asked

    he said: "Snow, had to piss before his match, and he brought Head in with him"

    that's still funny to me. Head...
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •