Page 238 of 341 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 5107
    From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    It wasn't on tv, but Richards/Elgin from the last ppv was easily the best american wrestling match i've seen in some time.
    I've heard good things about that. I guess though I don't think that Davey Richards is a better version of some of the "tough guy" kicky guys that they've had in the past. And their roster depth is really, really bad.

well... TNA is finally clearing 'something' up. TV up for grabs every week. that's how i remember it. RVD had his ECW TV belt for 2 yrs before injury.

the Knockout titles need to be around the waists of KNOCKOUTS, not two hillbilly character/comedians. having them have them have the belts means what supposedly? TNT should have those belts again.

TNA needs to fuel the feud between Velvet + Gail/Madison. thing is Velvet needs a partner and put them in more cage matches, on Impact even.

even though i never kept up with it becuz i couldn't, and now i rarely watch it- i'm not too impressed with ROH's stories. the wrestling is alright, but i foresee talent of 'high' caliber leaving. the only place the Briscoes have is ROH. hard to sell them either in TNA or WWe.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by doolbnoom View Post

even though i never kept up with it becuz i couldn't, and now i rarely watch it- i'm not too impressed with ROH's stories. the wrestling is alright, but i foresee talent of 'high' caliber leaving. the only place the Briscoes have is ROH. hard to sell them either in TNA or WWe.
    TNa built a ppv around broken down ecw guys, im pretty sure they can use the Briscoes.

Honestly, if you are TNA right now, dont you just cut a bunch of guys, and refill your midcard with newbies. There is no one there right now that they can make a bigger star other than Aries.Basically keep all of your champs and your top 5 heels and faces, then cut bait with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Honestly, if you are TNA right now, dont you just cut a bunch of guys, and refill your midcard with newbies. There is no one there right now that they can make a bigger star other than Aries.Basically keep all of your champs and your top 5 heels and faces, then cut bait with everyone else.
    Yeah, it's not like people are tuning in for...well, anyone actually. But i've read Dixie hates firing people, has a big heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Aside from Roode/Storm/Bully Ray/Aries, pretty much everyone is replaceable (in a creative sense). For continuity's sake, you should probably keep another dozen people, but there's no real excuse for paying guys like Anderson or RVD to do what they do, considering they could probably hire Davey Richards, the Briscoes, Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen, and El Generico all together for what either of those guys make.

I still think it's worth keeping Hardy just for the ability to sell arm pantyhose to teenagers.

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I loved Roode's crazy frizzed out hair at the end of a match.

Wasn't there a story about Kaz having been there for a month or so, and then trying to have a conversation with the writers, who were unaware that he worked for WWE?
    bobby had the best hair in wrestling

i remember that, also i think around that time kidman broke chavitos face with a SSP so they also wanted the cruisers to tone down the moves. i also think he said he was hired under the premise that he was being hired because they wanted to revamp the cruiser division, after he was hired they had a change of heart hence he never saw real TV time.

I've heard good things about that. I guess though I don't think that Davey Richards is a better version of some of the "tough guy" kicky guys that they've had in the past. And their roster depth is really, really bad.
    i think the reason davey works better in PWG is because he's their resident tough kicky guy on a more diverse roster and does a little comedy from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    TNa built a ppv around broken down ecw guys, im pretty sure they can use the Briscoes.
    if they couldn't use the bucks(who are more safe & healthier) i don't see what they can do with the briscoes.

Aside from Roode/Storm/Bully Ray/Aries, pretty much everyone is replaceable (in a creative sense). For continuity's sake, you should probably keep another dozen people, but there's no real excuse for paying guys like Anderson or RVD to do what they do, considering they could probably hire Davey Richards, the Briscoes, Colt Cabana, Kevin Steen, and El Generico all together for what either of those guys make.
    I still think it's worth keeping Hardy just for the ability to sell arm pantyhose to teenagers.
    IDK, i think those guys help to sell tickets when they go on the road because of the name value. i don't see any of the indy guys doing that.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

if they couldn't use the bucks(who are more safe & healthier) i don't see what they can do with the briscoes.
    Briscoes know how to shake hands!

i think the reason davey works better in PWG is because he's their resident tough kicky guy on a more diverse roster and does a little comedy from time to time.

I think you're right about the (non) diverse roster of ROH. It's as if the company's create-a-wrestler setting is stuck on BJ Whitmer.

I think you're right about the (non) diverse roster of ROH. It's as if the company's create-a-wrestler setting is stuck on BJ Whitmer.
    LOL. did i ever tell you i once stood in line behind davey and kyle oriley at fatburger in LA?? they ordered their burgers with no condiments and fries with no salt.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

mmmm Fatburger
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    mmmm Fatburger
    relish on a burger, who'd of thunk it??

Fat Burger sucks. They're greasier than McDonalds or Dairy Queen. Harvey's is where it's at. Clean burgers.
    Religion is like a fart. It's only good when all the others stink.

LOL. did i ever tell you i once stood in line behind davey and kyle oriley at fatburger in LA?? they ordered their burgers with no condiments and fries with no salt.
    Nice. No condiments? Yuck - I gotta at least have some mustard. I miss Fatburger!

I stood behind Davey at a concession stand at a Portland Wrestling show years ago - he was just getting a soda a little while after his match.

while we're sharing stories...
    we were at an indy show at like a hotel ballroom. DDP was there and Al Snow

funny thing is is when my buddy came back from the bathroom he's like," you know who was in there too?"

"who?" I asked

he said: "Snow, had to piss before his match, and he brought Head in with him"

that's still funny to me. Head...
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn