On paper, match for match it sounds like a solid enough show. Wrestling wise.
But I just can't seem to care about any of the matches or feuds. I think that's where TNA is just not getting it done. For me at least.
And I certainly have no interest in seeing Jeff Hardy wrestle for the world title. Even if I was more interested in the product, I'd probably avoid that PPV on principal alone.
And I disagree that Jeff Hardy didn't matter - him as a heel leading Immortal had a lot of potential. It's definitely his fault that it fizzled out without him, though. A lot of the stagnation with TNA over the last year is his fault. The big tent-pole story that was supposed to carry TNA's product got turned into managing problems and juggling people no one wanted to see in that spot.
But with a wrestler as well-known as he is, you can't just stick him in the mid-card and hope that fans don't notice you won't use him in anything meaningful. He either has to stay clean and succeed or go to jail. Anything else is pointless, and you'd end up with how RVD is right now: unmotivated, and getting no reactions.
I AM FOREVER- Master Shake
I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.
I'll wager the current product isn't doing any better or any worse ratings wise... but they're probably spending a lot more money. Hogan alone can't be cheap.
Nothing's gonna happen without a warning
with a PPV name like 'Final Resolution' i'd have expected some title changes. even one would have been good. i thought the line-up was good- i just didn't have a chance to watch it.
and now that he can't "beat him in the ring" and when hogan and bitch leave- they should have jarrett find something in hardy's contract that would send jeff to the x-div. i see hardy vs. kash vs. aires.
[There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn
Not to mention the latter group brings along a lot more baggage with them to boot.
On surface, it's almost like the wrestling version of a sports team that loads up on high priced talent and has the same or slightly worse record afterward. Ala the NY Mets of recent times.
Last edited by The Great Grape; 12-12-2011 at 03:22 PM.
The Wrestling Observer reports that much of Karen Jarrett's demeaning on-air dialogue designating Velvet Sky as a promiscuous woman is based on how certain TNA Wrestling officials legitimately perceive the Knockouts Division star.
Spoilers for December 15
end of spoilers
Bobby Roode and AJ Styles went to a five-minute time limit draw in the opener. Sting came out and gave them five more minutes. Roode works over AJ's injured leg to get the win.
* In the Wild Card Tag Team Tournament, Abyss and Scott Steiner beat Rob Terry and Hernandez.
* Kurt Angle calls out Sting to the ring and demands a rematch against James Storm. Sting says Storm won fair and there is no rematch. Angle threatens to go to Storm's home if he doesn't get his match.
* Zema Ion beat Tony Nese.
* Jesse Neal and Gunner go to a No Contest. Ric Flair was in Gunner's corner. Gunner pushed the referee and after the match, attacked Neal, who had to be stretchered out.
* Jeff Hardy came out and talked about his World Title shot at Genesis. Bully Ray interrupted and reminded Hardy that thye have a match tonight.
* Samoa Joe and Magnus beat Robbie E. and Douglas Williams in the Wild Card Tournament.
* Madison Rayne beat Traci Brooks.
* Brother Devon called out The Pope. Devon's sons came out with Pope. Devon wants to squash the beef but Pope eggs it on. Devon hits Pope with a right hand and tries to leave with his kids. Pope hits Devon with a low blow and leaves with the kids.
* Jeff Hardy beat Bully Ray in the main event. Bobby Roode ran down from commentary and attacked Hardy. They put a table in the ring and put Hardy through it. Sting came down and got in Roode's face but got beatdown by he and Ray. Impact ended with Ray and Roode posing in the ring.
Partial spoilers for December 22
end of spoilers
* Special referee Madison Rayne comes out and brings Tara and Miss Tessmacher to the ring. Madison sets up Tara vs. Tessmacher for tonight.
* Miss Tessmacher and Tara wrestle a long, drawn out match with Madison as the referee. They turn on her, lay her out and do the Tim Tebow pose in the ring.
* Eric Young and ODB beat Shannon Moore and Anarquia in the Wild Card Tag Team Tournament. Young and ODB got the win after Moore walked out on his partner.