Page 142 of 341 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 5107

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Didnt watch the PPV but Hardy is gettign the world title at the next PPV. Way to reward drug addiction TNA!
    This should come as a surprise to no one, really. I have yet to come across any report indicating that Jeff even went to rehab for his drug addictions. I know he's been to jail but everybody knows that's not enough. I mean, I give Jeff credit for not completely falling by the wayside like Matt but let's face it, he was always favored over Matt anyway. But like I said before this is certainly nothing coming out of left field, this is a company that is determined to do things ass backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knightman View Post
    This should come as a surprise to no one, really. I have yet to come across any report indicating that Jeff even went to rehab for his drug addictions. I know he's been to jail but everybody knows that's not enough. I mean, I give Jeff credit for not completely falling by the wayside like Matt but let's face it, he was always favored over Matt anyway. But like I said before this is certainly nothing coming out of left field, this is a company that is determined to do things ass backwards.
    Well yeah, matt got fired.
    Hey, you know what else jeff hardy failed to do? Improve tna's business in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Sooo, show of hands any one going to watch tonight?
    I didn't end up watching it either.

On paper, match for match it sounds like a solid enough show. Wrestling wise.

But I just can't seem to care about any of the matches or feuds. I think that's where TNA is just not getting it done. For me at least.

And I certainly have no interest in seeing Jeff Hardy wrestle for the world title. Even if I was more interested in the product, I'd probably avoid that PPV on principal alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Well yeah, matt got fired.
    Hey, you know what else jeff hardy failed to do? Improve tna's business in any way.
    Hogan and Eric haven't been improving TNA's business. Quite frankly they've just made it worse
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Hogan and Eric haven't been improving TNA's business. Quite frankly they've just made it worse
    It's weird to think of the Main Event Mafia era as the high-point in TNA's history.

And I disagree that Jeff Hardy didn't matter - him as a heel leading Immortal had a lot of potential. It's definitely his fault that it fizzled out without him, though. A lot of the stagnation with TNA over the last year is his fault. The big tent-pole story that was supposed to carry TNA's product got turned into managing problems and juggling people no one wanted to see in that spot.

But with a wrestler as well-known as he is, you can't just stick him in the mid-card and hope that fans don't notice you won't use him in anything meaningful. He either has to stay clean and succeed or go to jail. Anything else is pointless, and you'd end up with how RVD is right now: unmotivated, and getting no reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    It's weird to think of the Main Event Mafia era as the high-point in TNA's history.
    Yeah. I personally look back at the "Christian Cage Age" as the pinnacle of TNA for me. Christian leaves, Hogan comes in and it was all down hill from there.
    Everything burns...

Quote Originally Posted by The Zapper View Post
    Yeah. I personally look back at the "Christian Cage Age" as the pinnacle of TNA for me. Christian leaves, Hogan comes in and it was all down hill from there.
    The sad thing is they roughly do the same ratings. I caught the middle of the Angel/Storm match and the Jarrett/Hardy match. The end of Angle/Storm was just anti-climatic and Hardy/Jarrett did nothing for me, cause I just don't want to see either of them. Though Hardy did seem clean and in good shape; which is a plus from the last time I saw him.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zapper View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if that was the pinnacle for TNA as far as ratings or PPV buyrates or anything, but that was my favorite era of TNA too.

I'll wager the current product isn't doing any better or any worse ratings wise... but they're probably spending a lot more money. Hogan alone can't be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if that was the pinnacle for TNA as far as ratings or PPV buyrates or anything, but that was my favorite era of TNA too.

I'll wager the current product isn't doing any better or any worse ratings wise... but they're probably spending a lot more money. Hogan alone can't be cheap.
    If im not mistaken, TNA was at it's lowest point during the monday night wars v2.
    For comparision, right now the show does a 1 or 1.1, the tend to always stay right around that number.
    When they went head to head against Raw, they were doing .6.

with a PPV name like 'Final Resolution' i'd have expected some title changes. even one would have been good. i thought the line-up was good- i just didn't have a chance to watch it.

and now that he can't "beat him in the ring" and when hogan and bitch leave- they should have jarrett find something in hardy's contract that would send jeff to the x-div. i see hardy vs. kash vs. aires.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Basically, they were doing as or slightly better at certain points in '09 numbers with a show that more featured a bunch of comparatively low paid Knockouts as they are with a show that has more often featured a bunch of salary bloated past it other fed "stars."

Not to mention the latter group brings along a lot more baggage with them to boot.

On surface, it's almost like the wrestling version of a sports team that loads up on high priced talent and has the same or slightly worse record afterward. Ala the NY Mets of recent times.
    Last edited by The Great Grape; 12-12-2011 at 03:22 PM.

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Grape View Post
    Basically, they were doing as or slightly better at certain points in '09 numbers with a show that more featured a bunch of comparatively low paid Knockouts as they are with a show that has more often featured a bunch of salary bloated past it other fed "stars."

Not to mention the latter group brings along a lot more baggage with them to boot.

On surface, it's almost like the wrestling version of a sports team that loads up on high priced talent and has the same or slightly worse record afterward. Ala the NY Mets of recent times.
    I just feel like the time is right to bring back Team Canada. And I really want to see Sarita go from being a falsely-advertised Mexican to embracing her Canadian heritage in that faction. After each Sarita victory? Dumps a plate of poutine on her victim.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/...kout_More.html

The Wrestling Observer reports that much of Karen Jarrett's demeaning on-air dialogue designating Velvet Sky as a promiscuous woman is based on how certain TNA Wrestling officials legitimately perceive the Knockouts Division star.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Spoilers for December 15

spoilers:
    Bobby Roode and AJ Styles went to a five-minute time limit draw in the opener. Sting came out and gave them five more minutes. Roode works over AJ's injured leg to get the win.

* In the Wild Card Tag Team Tournament, Abyss and Scott Steiner beat Rob Terry and Hernandez.

* Kurt Angle calls out Sting to the ring and demands a rematch against James Storm. Sting says Storm won fair and there is no rematch. Angle threatens to go to Storm's home if he doesn't get his match.

* Zema Ion beat Tony Nese.

* Jesse Neal and Gunner go to a No Contest. Ric Flair was in Gunner's corner. Gunner pushed the referee and after the match, attacked Neal, who had to be stretchered out.

* Jeff Hardy came out and talked about his World Title shot at Genesis. Bully Ray interrupted and reminded Hardy that thye have a match tonight.

* Samoa Joe and Magnus beat Robbie E. and Douglas Williams in the Wild Card Tournament.

* Madison Rayne beat Traci Brooks.

* Brother Devon called out The Pope. Devon's sons came out with Pope. Devon wants to squash the beef but Pope eggs it on. Devon hits Pope with a right hand and tries to leave with his kids. Pope hits Devon with a low blow and leaves with the kids.

* Jeff Hardy beat Bully Ray in the main event. Bobby Roode ran down from commentary and attacked Hardy. They put a table in the ring and put Hardy through it. Sting came down and got in Roode's face but got beatdown by he and Ray. Impact ended with Ray and Roode posing in the ring.
    end of spoilers

Partial spoilers for December 22

spoilers:
    * Special referee Madison Rayne comes out and brings Tara and Miss Tessmacher to the ring. Madison sets up Tara vs. Tessmacher for tonight.

* Miss Tessmacher and Tara wrestle a long, drawn out match with Madison as the referee. They turn on her, lay her out and do the Tim Tebow pose in the ring.

* Eric Young and ODB beat Shannon Moore and Anarquia in the Wild Card Tag Team Tournament. Young and ODB got the win after Moore walked out on his partner.
    end of spoilers