Page 245 of 341 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 5107
    Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Big Rob and Robbie E is TNA's equivalent of The Ambiguously Gay Duo
    you think that highly of them??

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    You know, there's a lot of problems that TNA has right now. But probably the biggest one is that even on the night when Impact airs, no one is talking about anything they're doing. I'm not just talking about here, PWTorch doesn't have a single "live coverage" article tonight, Prowrestling.net has a b-teamer doing only one. Maybe another couple will pop up by the weekend. They're getting absolutely no coverage at all, regardless of ratings. I think Anarquia's release got more internet play than their actual TV show has gotten tonight. Whatever TNA thinks their problems are, none of them eclipse the fact that people have just checked out on them. I don't know what they could do to reverse that, but ripping off "Chopped" and giving unknowns "their big chance" isn't going to make a difference.

Ahem.

So, as usual, the highlights were Roode, Bully Ray, and Austin Aries. Plus, RVD had his first good promo under TNA contract. Wondering where the hell Zema Ion went; he seemed to be picking up steam for a while.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. Joe seemed to be having fun out there for the first time in years. It looked good on him.
    axed

damn i didn't even know anarquia got axed. good news really.

agreed on the HL's of the show. RVD was giving off the old RVD from ECW vibe where he's pretty much heeling it up with confidence as a face. made me wish fonzie was there to assist.

also it seems kurt is turning face again.

gut check is worse than OFN.

going to check out TNA live this sunday the card looks cool

bobby roode vs RVD
    angle vs hardy
    socal sinners(frankie & daniels) vs joe & magnus
    pope vs hernandez
    tara vs winter

all should be fun, rather surprised to see pope, why the hell isn't he on TV.
    Last edited by lboinyamouf4sho; 05-04-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post

axed

agreed on the HL's of the show. RVD was giving off the old RVD from ECW vibe where he's pretty much heeling it up with confidence as a face. made me wish fonzie was there to assist.

bobby roode vs RVD
    angle vs hardy
    pope vs hernandez
    tara vs winter

WTF!?!

So... I know that TNA does a rotating storyline thing with their wrestlers (half the reason why the people you would think would be super over aren't), but Pope's been gone for too long. Like "Hamada, before she got released" long. Like "Daffney, before she pressed charges" long.

That's a weird house show line-up. Seriously, until their recent appearances, I thought Hernandi... I mean Hernandez and Winter were gone already.
    You just have to be cool about it...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    WTF!?!

So... I know that TNA does a rotating storyline thing with their wrestlers (half the reason why the people you would think would be super over aren't), but Pope's been gone for too long. Like "Hamada, before she got released" long. Like "Daffney, before she pressed charges" long.

That's a weird house show line-up. Seriously, until their recent appearances, I thought Hernandi... I mean Hernandez and Winter were gone already.
    i know what you mean but i am glad to see him. kind of disappointed to not see AJ on the card, TNA w/o AJ just doesn't seem right. my nephew is going to be really pissed when he finds out no vel vel.
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

From Parts Unknown... clayholio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Cool View Post
    WTF!?!

This is Pope's second long disappearance (third, if you count his WWE run) - but I don't miss him. That Devon/Pope feud dragged on forever and didn't do anything for anyone involved.

i know what you mean but i am glad to see him. kind of disappointed to not see AJ on the card, TNA w/o AJ just doesn't seem right. my nephew is going to be really pissed when he finds out no vel vel.
    I skipped the Seattle-area one a couple of weeks back, mainly because I had driven up to Seattle the weekend before for a comic convention, and couldn't really afford another tank of gas for the house show. But if Joe had been on the card, I might have done it anyways. He's on the short list of guys I want to see wrestle in person.

axed

bobby roode vs RVD
    angle vs hardy
    pope vs hernandez
    tara vs winter

I don't miss Anarquia. And I haven't liked Hernandez since he and Homicide split. I hope they keep the girls, though...

That does look like a fun show, though.

Face Kurt works. Kurt's great at everything, though. As long as he's on TV, I'm happy. Looks like he's bulking back up after the Olympics thing fell through, though.

I wasn't impressed by Alex Silva. Unless he just completely choked under the pressure and is normally pretty good, I could live without seeing him wrestle again. Honestly, I'd rather have Zema Ion and Kid Kash back on TV than this Gut-Check nonsense. I mean, somebody's got to get that X-Division belt off of Aries if he's going to be playing with the big boys, why not establish a decent #1 contender that Bully Ray can help out? That's pretty basic story-telling right there, and Aries wouldn't lose anything by losing his title that way.

Double post!

So, as an exercise, let's assume that TNA's X-Division is now empty aside from Austin Aries. All those one-year deals they signed last year leading into Destination X are coming up, and none will be re-signed. What six available wrestlers would you have TNA sign to re-stock the X-Division? And TNA needs to hustle, seeing as WWE's rumored cruiserweight show is coming this fall!

My six:

El Generico - because screw ROH, that's why!
    Jay Lethal - no more imitation gimmicks, just Jay Lethal, multi-time X-Division champ
    John Morrison - a "name," probably the best of ex-WWE guys floating around right now
    Karl Anderson - now that Giant Bernard is gone from NJPW, why not put all that Japanese experience to use in America?
    Jack Evans (part-time) - AAA talent exchange
    Aero Star (part-time) - AAA talent exchange

Your picks?
    Last edited by clayholio; 05-04-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: dubble postage

I skipped the Seattle-area one a couple of weeks back, mainly because I had driven up to Seattle the weekend before for a comic convention, and couldn't really afford another tank of gas for the house show. But if Joe had been on the card, I might have done it anyways. He's on the short list of guys I want to see wrestle in person.
    joe is usually great in person but i've also seen him mail it in. i think it depends on what he thinks of his opponent. AJ i've never seen mail it in, only one match of his i saw live that wasn't fun as hell, it was against PAC. i thought AJ wasn't giving enough in that match, the next night el generico confirmed my suspicions by being more giving and tearing shit up with PAC.

I don't miss Anarquia. And I haven't liked Hernandez since he and Homicide split. I hope they keep the girls, though...

That does look like a fun show, though.

Face Kurt works. Kurt's great at everything, though. As long as he's on TV, I'm happy. Looks like he's bulking back up after the Olympics thing fell through, though.
    true but i will miss Mr. grinch "i hate you" angle dearly.

I wasn't impressed by Alex Silva. Unless he just completely choked under the pressure and is normally pretty good, I could live without seeing him wrestle again. Honestly, I'd rather have Zema Ion and Kid Kash back on TV than this Gut-Check nonsense. I mean, somebody's got to get that X-Division belt off of Aries if he's going to be playing with the big boys, why not establish a decent #1 contender that Bully Ray can help out? That's pretty basic story-telling right there, and Aries wouldn't lose anything by losing his title that way.
    alex silva and gut check can GTFOH. the only guy worth a damn TNA gut check ever turned out was joe doering and he turned out good for AJPW not TNA.

Double post!

So, as an exercise, let's assume that TNA's X-Division is now empty aside from Austin Aries. All those one-year deals they signed last year leading into Destination X are coming up, and none will be re-signed. What six available wrestlers would you have TNA sign to re-stock the X-Division? And TNA needs to hustle, seeing as WWE's rumored cruiserweight show is coming this fall!

My six:

El Generico - because screw ROH, that's why!
    Jay Lethal - no more imitation gimmicks, just Jay Lethal, multi-time X-Division champ
    John Morrison - a "name," probably the best of ex-WWE guys floating around right now
    Karl Anderson - now that Giant Bernard is gone from NJPW, why not put all that Japanese experience to use in America?
    Jack Evans (part-time) - AAA talent exchange
    Aero Star (part-time) - AAA talent exchange

Your picks?
    pretty good list but i think machine gun is too big to be X-division.

my 6
    joey ryan, great heel that could work an anti-x division style.
    drake younger, great role player. i'd say play up his "ultra violent" style to make him different from the rest.
    scorpio sky, have him rely on his mat wrestling & submission skills.
    samurai del sol, he has a mask and people like that. typical X-division guy.
    brian cage, have him as a powerhouse in the division, play up him cutting weight to compete.
    ricochet, everything people love about the x-division. make him the #1 babyface of the division.

i'll admit off the bat your 6 is better but i'm trying to create a well rounded division with a wide range of personalities and styles with mostly guys w/o too hardcore of a following to avoid backlash & bitchfests. i would try and get away from the idea of the x-division being a certain style and towards it being a true division.

joe is usually great in person but i've also seen him mail it in. i think it depends on what he thinks of his opponent. AJ i've never seen mail it in, only one match of his i saw live that wasn't fun as hell, it was against PAC. i thought AJ wasn't giving enough in that match, the next night el generico confirmed my suspicions by being more giving and tearing shit up with PAC.

alex silva and gut check can GTFOH. the only guy worth a damn TNA gut check ever turned out was joe doering and he turned out good for AJPW not TNA.

my 6
    drake younger, great role player. i'd say play up his "ultra violent" style to make him different from the rest.
    brian cage, have him as a powerhouse in the division, play up him cutting weight to compete.
    ricochet, everything people love about the x-division. make him the #1 babyface of the division.

i'll admit off the bat your 6 is better but i'm trying to create a well rounded division with a wide range of personalities and styles with mostly guys w/o too hardcore of a following to avoid backlash & bitchfests. i would try and get away from the idea of the x-division being a certain style and towards it being a true division.
    Machine Gun must be bigger than I think! I was trying to come up with a guy who they could "borrow" from NJPW at times, since they don't have enough TV time to really go very deep in the X-Division. That's also why the two AAA guys, too. They could bring them in as needed.

I really like Ricochet, and Joey Ryan cracks me up. I only know a little about Scorpio Sky, and I'll have to look into those other guys. I'd bet your guys are more likely, though.

Machine Gun must be bigger than I think! I was trying to come up with a guy who they could "borrow" from NJPW at times, since they don't have enough TV time to really go very deep in the X-Division. That's also why the two AAA guys, too. They could bring them in as needed.

I really like Ricochet, and Joey Ryan cracks me up. I only know a little about Scorpio Sky, and I'll have to look into those other guys. I'd bet your guys are more likely, though.
    if was going to borrow from NJPW i'd take rocky romero or devitt. is aero star still with AAA??

if was going to borrow from NJPW i'd take rocky romero or devitt. is aero star still with AAA??
    Devitt had a tryout match with WWE a little while ago and officials were very impressed.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Man, I haven't had access to AAA in a while. I should start downloading some of those files cubsfan keeps posting...

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Devitt had a tryout match with WWE a little while ago and officials were very impressed.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see him in WWE, but it might be a curious fit. Or him and Daniel Bryan could just spend 45 minutes kicking the hell out of each other. Either way...

I like K Double but I don't see a problem with Gut Check. It is a nice concept in showcasing young talent.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BTW, im pretty sure Generico makes more money on his many many many indie bookings than he would make as an undercard guy in TNA.
    That guy has to be one of the highest paid guys on the indies, and he works for everyone.

Man, I haven't had access to AAA in a while. I should start downloading some of those files cubsfan keeps posting...

I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see him in WWE, but it might be a curious fit. Or him and Daniel Bryan could just spend 45 minutes kicking the hell out of each other. Either way...
    Supposedly they want him for the cruiserweight show.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

bobby roode vs RVD
    angle vs hardy
    pope vs hernandez
    tara vs winter
    Angle will face AJ Styles, not Hardy
    And Pope?
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

my 6

I like that list, but I think I'd switch Younger with AR Fox. Problem is, they have to give AR a personality transplant.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com