Page 3 of 336 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 5029

Thread: WWE PPVs

  1. #31
    Senior Member darthjoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Thats the only thing I really dont understand. Why did they have to bring Nash back? After his Royal Rumble come back, and never appeared again. I tought Nash had been brought back for just the Rumble, Like how RVD once did.
    But why do they need Kevin Nash. not even Booker T was brought back to wrestle or have a big role.

  2. #32
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,035

    Default

    My hopes for the ppv tonight!
    1. ADR keeps belt, don't care if Cena wins by DQ, but keep the belt on Del Rio.
    I just read that HHH/Punk is the main event, which makes this match being a DQ much more of a possibility.

    2. Henry beats Orton, fast match, <10 minutes, the longer the match, the worse it will be. Lots of punching, a few big spots, end. This should not be an epic wrestling match because it won't be. Orton needs to bring his A game and not half ass it, Henry needs to bring his A game or this ends like every other push he's had.

    If Orton somehow wins, let it not be definitive, and let Henry beat him after.
    Please let Orton give a shit and let the crowd be into Henry as a heel, he has been booked perfect, make it happen crowd.

    3. Beth wins in a short match where Kelly doesn't try to run the ropes, she didn't in her last match, it was her best match in a long time.

    4. I don't care who wins the us title match, i hope Ziggler keeps the belt but it's ok if any of them win. I would rather someone other than riley wins, but Riley and Morrison have nothing going on right now, and i guess it's a quick way to give either something to do.

    5. Is Ted/Cody confirmed? I loved the Ted bit on smackdown, though i might be in a minority there. I guess Cody should win so they can build an actual feud between them, since this one just started. I expect this match to be pretty good, and it will be nice too see Ted get an actual match, since i recall him being a good worker, as is cody, so giving them some time would make for something nice to watch.

    6. Punk/HHH, HHH i don't think is going to lose, beyond that i have no idea what they will do but everything suggested on this site has sounded valid.I dunno what i want out of the match either, i want it to be good, and i hope i am surprised.

  3. #33
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,366

    Default

    My Night of Champions prediction
    ======================

    1) Beth vs Kelly Kelly
    - Beth should be winning this. If the WWE are serious about making the divas of doom (Beth & Natalya) a credible threat in the divas division , Beth has to win this. Natalya has already lost to Kelly x2 , they would look like a joke if Beth does too.

    2) Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase for the IC tite
    - as this feud doesn't really have much of a buildup since Cody has been having matches with Orton. Cody should win this in a fast match via cheating and continue their feud for the next PPV.

    3) Dolph Ziggler , John Morrison , Jack Swagger & Alex Riley for the US title
    - it'll come down to Ziggler & Riley as the 2 have been in a feud. Morrison doesn't need the US title but Swagger do have a bit of a story with Vickie (& Dolph) but i can see Dolph retaining with the help of vickie.

    4) Air Boom vs Awesome truth for the tag titles
    - Air Boom hasn't had the belts for too long so it'll likely be too soon for them to drop it for now. They'll win but perhaps get attacked at the end by truth & miz to continue their feud until the next PPV.

    5) Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena for WWE championship title
    - Their feud has been overshadowed by Punk/HHH. The WWE won't take their title off Del Rio yet , not until their tour of mexico is over so this will be a Del Rio win. Only question is whether Cena will lose clean or not.

    6) Randy Orton vs Mark Henry for world heavyweight title
    - With the next PPV being hell in the cell JUST 3 weeks away. Somehow i can see Orton just winning by disqualifications either by a Christian run-in or Henry getting disqualified leading to a hell in a cell match between the 2.

    7) Triple H vs CM Punk
    - Very likely to be match of the night since they actually build the PPV around this feud. Triple H can still bring it when he's motivated. A few possibilities of how this could go , very difficult to call at the moment. Nash will likely come out at some point but to help who ? Triple H or CM Punk ? That would be the question.

  4. #34
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    My Night of Champions prediction
    ======================

    1) Beth vs Kelly Kelly
    - Beth should be winning this. If the WWE are serious about making the divas of doom (Beth & Natalya) a credible threat in the divas division , Beth has to win this. Natalya has already lost to Kelly x2 , they would look like a joke if Beth does too.

    2) Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase for the IC tite
    - as this feud doesn't really have much of a buildup since Cody has been having matches with Orton. Cody should win this in a fast match via cheating and continue their feud for the next PPV.

    3) Dolph Ziggler , John Morrison , Jack Swagger & Alex Riley for the US title
    - it'll come down to Ziggler & Riley as the 2 have been in a feud. Morrison doesn't need the US title but Swagger do have a bit of a story with Vickie (& Dolph) but i can see Dolph retaining with the help of vickie.

    4) Air Boom vs Awesome truth for the tag titles
    - Air Boom hasn't had the belts for too long so it'll likely be too soon for them to drop it for now. They'll win but perhaps get attacked at the end by truth & miz to continue their feud until the next PPV.

    5) Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena for WWE championship title
    - Their feud has been overshadowed by Punk/HHH. The WWE won't take their title off Del Rio yet , not until their tour of mexico is over so this will be a Del Rio win. Only question is whether Cena will lose clean or not.

    6) Randy Orton vs Mark Henry for world heavyweight title
    - With the next PPV being hell in the cell JUST 3 weeks away. Somehow i can see Orton just winning by disqualifications either by a Christian run-in or Henry getting disqualified leading to a hell in a cell match between the 2.

    7) Triple H vs CM Punk
    - Very likely to be match of the night since they actually build the PPV around this feud. Triple H can still bring it when he's motivated. A few possibilities of how this could go , very difficult to call at the moment. Nash will likely come out at some point but to help who ? Triple H or CM Punk ? That would be the question.
    Beth lost too Kelly in the last ppv, btw.
    And im now of the belief that Miz and Truth will lose due to the parity booking rule.
    Evan lost twice clean, kofi lost once clean, so they have to get their wins in.
    Dunno though, they are pushing Truth/Miz hard, and might figure a tv win means more.

  5. #35
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Beth lost too Kelly in the last ppv, btw.
    And im now of the belief that Miz and Truth will lose due to the parity booking rule.
    Evan lost twice clean, kofi lost once clean, so they have to get their wins in.
    Dunno though, they are pushing Truth/Miz hard, and might figure a tv win means more.
    Precisely , Beth lost in the last PPV , she desperately needs the win for her own team credibility or she and natalya will kind of looked like a joke and not the force that they are supposed to be.

    Kofi/Bourne has more to gain from winning , Miz/Truth can always win the title at the next PPV.
    If Triple H is focusing on rebuilding the tag division , then the feud between the 2 teams should continue. So far , the feud between them has been pretty good. It also keep Miz & Truth involved in having something to do.

  6. #36
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    29,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Precisely , Beth lost in the last PPV , she desperately needs the win or she and natalya will kind of looked like a joke and not the force that they are supposed to be.

    Kofi/Bourne has more to gain from winning , Miz/Truth can always win the title at the next PPV.
    If Triple H is focusing on rebuilding the tag division , then the feud between the 2 teams should continue. So far , the feud between them has been pretty good. It also keep Miz & Truth involved in having something to do.
    They need more teams to do it though.
    You can't keep giving away a match for free to get people to watch it on a ppv, thankfully we won't get a third khali/jinder match since those 2 broke up, but they need to through the usos or something into it.

    BTW, headlining night of CHAMPIONS, where every match is for a title, is a non title match.
    Lolz!

  7. #37
    Senior Member darthjoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Yeah, I still think Paul Levesque vs (insert name here, couldn't hear it right on Raw) should not be in this PPV. Zack Ryder fits more with the theme of this PPV.


    My picks:
    Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase (Cody Rhodes)
    World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry (Mark Henry)
    CM Punk vs. Triple H (No Disqualification Match) (not sure)
    WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena(Del Rio)
    Fatal 4-Way U.S. Championship Match (Ziggler or A-ray)
    WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne vs. The Miz & R-Truth
    (airborne?)
    Divas Champion Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix (Beth?)

  8. #38
    Senior Member Huthaifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,012

    Default

    Del Rio vs Cena: This is tough because Alberto is a submission wrestler, and CENA DOES NOT QUIT. I see Cena winning by dq.

    Orton vs Henry. I beg the WWE to have the huevos to give Mark the title. Its just makes him more valuable. Plus, Mark in HITC VS ORTON is such a better than Christian.Sadly I see Mark losing by DQ, and leaving Orton a bloody mess.

    US title match. Love for the E to get behind Morrison on this one, but I see Riley winning this one, as this fued continues between Swags and Zigs on who can win the title back first for the honor of Vicki.

    BETH PHOENIX WINS OR WE RIOT!

    Tag Titles. R-Truth does the job, and Air Boom keeps rolling. Hopefully we the Truly Awesome show up in this match.

    Punk vs HHH. Punk needs to be screwed over. He needs the underdog role back, because he has been more bully than anything else lately.Fans need to seem openly have to struggle against the Machine, instead of talking about what goes behind the scenes.The only thing that has me teetering the other way, is that Funkman is being positioned for a coop, and Hunter not embracing the heel role at all. Truly Awesome aligning with Funkman to run the WWE would be refreshing, and we dont have to rely on a limited Nash. Plus Truth and Miz can solid matches with Punk. I would have Hunter beaten within an inch of his life, to illustrate how evil Funkman. The New NWO.

  9. #39
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,603

    Default

    My Predictions for Night of Champions

    1) Beth vs Kelly Kelly
    - Beth should win this. If WWE are serious in doing anything with the Divas Division then have Beth win and dominate long enough till at least Kong comes back. Knowing WWE booking they will have Kelly win just to show us how "awesome" she is.

    2) Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase for the IC tite
    - Personally I want Cody to win but in a DQ just so they can build this feud up a little

    3) Dolph Ziggler , John Morrison , Jack Swagger & Alex Riley for the US title
    - I could see Riley winning this. Hear me out. Riley winning could add more tension to the storyline concerning Ziggler and Swagger and both of them would compete against eachother for a chance to face Riley at the next PPV. I like The Sexy but he was just thrown in the match so they would give him something to do. Riley thrown in makes sense as he was involved in a program with Swagger and Dolph

    4) Bourne Kings vs Awesome truth for the tag titles
    - Dont give a shit if the *fans* voted for it I still say Air Boom is a stupid name. With that rant out of the way I will give the win to Bourne Kings. They have just held the titles and if WWE wants to take the tag division seriously they cant keep passing the belt around.

    5) Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena for WWE championship title
    - The WWE had one too many title changes. I say keep the belt on Del Rio at least till TLC or something. God willing I would like to see someone besides Cena get the belt. The reason why we haven't seen any new stars as of late is because Cena is the only one that the WWE takes a chance on and he's also the guy that keeps getting title opportunities. I understand Cena is the top guy but he has reached a point that he really doesn't need the WWE Title. Give the opportunity to someone that actually needs it. I'd personally like to see them take a chance with The Sexy

    6) Randy Orton vs Mark Henry for world heavyweight title
    - I see it ending in a DQ due to a Christian involvement so that there will be a three way at Hell In A Cell

    7) Triple H vs CM Punk
    - The one way I see this match going down that wont hurt anyone's heat would be if Nash comes out and completly destroy both Punk and HHH. If HHH wins then that could seriously hurt Punk's heat, if Punk wins then that ruins HHH's COO storyline. So the match ending in a no contest due to Nash's involvement is the only way to go
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  10. #40
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,025

    Default

    I cannot wait for this PPV. Im getting together with some friends and we are gonna watch it while eating pizza and chips and them drinking beer ( I dont drink)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    My Predictions for Night of Champions

    1) Beth vs Kelly Kelly
    - Beth should win this. If WWE are serious in doing anything with the Divas Division then have Beth win and dominate long enough till at least Kong comes back. Knowing WWE booking they will have Kelly win just to show us how "awesome" she is.

    2) Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase for the IC tite
    - Personally I want Cody to win but in a DQ just so they can build this feud up a little

    3) Dolph Ziggler , John Morrison , Jack Swagger & Alex Riley for the US title
    - I could see Riley winning this. Hear me out. Riley winning could add more tension to the storyline concerning Ziggler and Swagger and both of them would compete against eachother for a chance to face Riley at the next PPV. I like The Sexy but he was just thrown in the match so they would give him something to do. Riley thrown in makes sense as he was involved in a program with Swagger and Dolph

    4) Bourne Kings vs Awesome truth for the tag titles
    - Dont give a shit if the *fans* voted for it I still say Air Boom is a stupid name. With that rant out of the way I will give the win to Bourne Kings. They have just held the titles and if WWE wants to take the tag division seriously they cant keep passing the belt around.

    5) Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena for WWE championship title
    - The WWE had one too many title changes. I say keep the belt on Del Rio at least till TLC or something. God willing I would like to see someone besides Cena get the belt. The reason why we haven't seen any new stars as of late is because Cena is the only one that the WWE takes a chance on and he's also the guy that keeps getting title opportunities. I understand Cena is the top guy but he has reached a point that he really doesn't need the WWE Title. Give the opportunity to someone that actually needs it. I'd personally like to see them take a chance with The Sexy

    6) Randy Orton vs Mark Henry for world heavyweight title
    - I see it ending in a DQ due to a Christian involvement so that there will be a three way at Hell In A Cell

    7) Triple H vs CM Punk
    - The one way I see this match going down that wont hurt anyone's heat would be if Nash comes out and completly destroy both Punk and HHH. If HHH wins then that could seriously hurt Punk's heat, if Punk wins then that ruins HHH's COO storyline. So the match ending in a no contest due to Nash's involvement is the only way to go
    adr
    beth
    swags (vic intervenes)
    orton (henry to win it next time)
    HHH (with nash involvement
    cody
    air boom
    Only dounbt is HHH. think nash
    may power bomb both. or else
    align himself with CM pUNk.
    Retarded booking, but wwe, are
    capable of anything
    Tegan and Sara - j'Adore

  12. #42
    Elder Member Jared's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    I cannot wait for this PPV. Im getting together with some friends and we are gonna watch it while eating pizza and chips and them drinking beer ( I dont drink)
    So you're rooting for Punk, obviously.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

  13. #43
    Senior Member darthjoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    by the way, the Punk vs Trips is the last match right?

  14. #44
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    by the way, the Punk vs Trips is the last match right?
    Given how much focus it's getting I'd be surprised if it isn't
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  15. #45
    Veteran Member KiFF86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,341

    Default

    Well five minutes in and we have the best PPV of the year.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

    I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •