Page 2 of 336 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE PPVs

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...pions_PPV.html

According to multiple sources within WWE spoilers:
    , Kevin Nash is booked to appear at this Sunday's Night of Champions pay-per-view event in Buffalo, New York.

Triple H "fired" Nash on RAW last week and the WWE website announced it later that week. Nash stated on Twitter that the release was due to financial reasons. As we have noted before, the whole thing was part of the storylines. No word yet when Nash will actually wrestle for WWE but he is booked to appear at Night of Champions.
    end of spoilers
    Is it a spoiler if everyone expected it to happen?

NoC predictions

Mathces
    Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena
    I think the WWE wants to continue this feud for a while. Plus with Hell in the Cell only 2 weeks after NoC. I think del Rio will retain through heel tactics or DQ to setup the rematch in a cage.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Mark Henry
    Hard to call. I can't tell if they are going to give Henry a run so Randy can chase or just using him to make Orton look even stronger. I'll go with Orton.

CM Punk vs. Triple H
    Another hard to call. What isn't hard to call is some kind of interference ending. Someone (most likely Nash) will cost someone the match. I'm going with Punk winning.

Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Beth Phoenix
    I'm pretty sure Phoenix will win. Her putting over Kelly twice in a row would just be bad.

Air Boom (Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston) (c) vs. The Miz & R-Truth

I think the WWE will put the belts on more more popular guys.

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley vs. John Morrison
    I'm pretty sure Ziggler is not coming out of this champ. And I'm pretty sure Vickie will decide the outcome. What I'm not sure is who will be the new champ. I'm going with Swagger since he and Ziggler have had the storyline build up the past few weeks.

Cody Rhodes (c) vs Ted DiBiase Jr
    I don't see why Rhodes would lose. Unless they want to try and make him go after the top title. And then why would you want him to look weak by losing?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    NoC predictions

Mathces
    Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena
    I think the WWE wants to continue this feud for a while. Plus with Hell in the Cell only 2 weeks after NoC. I think del Rio will retain through heel tactics or DQ to setup the rematch in a cage.

Randy Orton (c) vs. Mark Henry
    Hard to call. I can't tell if they are going to give Henry a run so Randy can chase or just using him to make Orton look even stronger. I'll go with Orton.

CM Punk vs. Triple H
    Another hard to call. What isn't hard to call is some kind of interference ending. Someone (most likely Nash) will cost someone the match. I'm going with Punk winning.

Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Beth Phoenix
    I'm pretty sure Phoenix will win. Her putting over Kelly twice in a row would just be bad.

Air Boom (Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston) (c) vs. The Miz & R-Truth

I think the WWE will put the belts on more more popular guys.

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Jack Swagger vs. Alex Riley vs. John Morrison
    I'm pretty sure Ziggler is not coming out of this champ. And I'm pretty sure Vickie will decide the outcome. What I'm not sure is who will be the new champ. I'm going with Swagger since he and Ziggler have had the storyline build up the past few weeks.

Cody Rhodes (c) vs Ted DiBiase Jr
    I don't see why Rhodes would lose. Unless they want to try and make him go after the top title. And then why would you want him to look weak by losing?
    I agree with all your picks, except i expect some dumb swerve on HHH/Punk and i don't know how bad they will ruin it yet.

One way for Randy to retain would be Christian interfering.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    One way for Randy to retain would be Christian interfering.
    That might even be a way to turn Henry into a monster face. Have Christian screw him, then have them feud.

Though I like Henry better as a heel... Smackdown needs heels more I think.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That might even be a way to turn Henry into a monster face. Have Christian screw him, then have them feud.

Though I like Henry better as a heel... Smackdown needs heels more I think.
    They have one other heel on the show, that's not going to happen, and i dunno if it would work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    They have one other heel on the show, that's not going to happen, and i dunno if it would work anyway.
    It COULD work. I do think in Henry's last promo you could almost sympathize with him, given how they were basically calling him a disappointment.

I agree though that they need the needs on Smackdown, so they probably shouldn't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It COULD work. I do think in Henry's last promo you could almost sympathize with him, given how they were basically calling him a disappointment.

I agree though that they need the needs on Smackdown, so they probably shouldn't go there.
    Speaking of, i assumed my desire to see him win was because my dislike of Orton, but i've been reading other people saying they want him to win too since he is now...somehow the underdog.
    I dunno, it's still booked better then HHH/Punk, where Punk is the heel.

wait I dont see Punk as a Heel.
    and Face Henry would be going back to Henry losing to everyone. Nowadays when Mark is face he loses, when he is heel he wins. I think Mark as a face hasn't win since his Sexual Chocalate days. (Role that then was given to Viscera, and then to the Great Khali.)

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    wait I dont see Punk as a Heel.
    Really?
    He was outright mean to Nash, got booed a fee times for things he said. He continues to attack HHH even though HHH hasn't done anything but give Punk what he wanted and tried to play it straight.
    Even after firing Nash Punk still doesn't trust him, and hits him with a Mic.
    Punk is either a heel or an idiot.
    I'm leaning towards idiot because they don't seem to notice.

Doesn't make him a heel , he was getting his name chanted. They are making Punk a face but he should be a tweener.

Of course Punk don't trust Triple H , when his mic cuts out twice in a row and Triple H Is the COO , why would he trust Triple H ?

You seemed to dislike Punk , that's your choice but right now. At the moment , Punk is a main eventer up there with the likes of Cena & Triple H , can't really strip that away from him. He's not Daniel Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Really?
    He was outright mean to Nash, got booed a fee times for things he said. He continues to attack HHH even though HHH hasn't done anything but give Punk what he wanted and tried to play it straight.
    Even after firing Nash Punk still doesn't trust him, and hits him with a Mic.
    Punk is either a heel or an idiot.
    I'm leaning towards idiot because they don't seem to notice.
    yep not heel not face, not even Neutral yet. I dont know I think he is getting to the Neutral place but not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Doesn't make him a heel , he was getting his name chanted. They are making Punk a face but he should be a tweener.

Of course Punk don't trust Triple H , when his mic cuts out twice in a row and Triple H Is the COO , why would he trust Triple H ?

You seemed to dislike Punk , that's your choice but right now. At the moment , Punk is a main eventer up there with the likes of Cena & Triple H , can't really strip that away from him. He's not Daniel Bryan.
    Because HHH was in the ring and didn't know what punk would say, and tried to give him a third mic, why would he cut his mic and how did he signal to cut his mic?
    He was standing in front of him.
    I do not dislike Punk, i am a HUGE Punk fan.

But they have squandered everything they built up with him. We had a really good angle that they have botched at every turn.
    First they brought him back a week after he left, so we didn't even get a chance to miss him.

Then they put him in a program with HHH and Kevin nash, where they don't wrestle and cut these 20 minute long promos on each other.

Then more recently they put him in the ring and had him say things that make no sense in the context of the fake world of pro wrestling, and had HHH talk within the world of pro wrestling making Punk seem whiney and nonsensical, again, 2nd time they have done that.

Now, they are going to a match with HHH, on a b ppv, when they should have saved it for Survivor series and given it a huge build.

I like Punk, but if you think the Punk story has the buzz around it had months ago you are crazy.

They put Triple H on Punk and he's the biggest gun they have because the Cena/Punk rivalry has played out. Who else can they put Punk againt ?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    They put Triple H on Punk and he's the biggest gun they have because the Cena/Punk rivalry has played out. Who else can they put Punk againt ?
    You really think Punk/Cena had played out, in the same company where Orton/Christian had 6 matches in a row?
    Oh well, maybe.
    But who could he be against?
    Del Rio? Miz?
    He was originaly feuding with Nash before this, Nash is currently a bigger star then those two? The crowd reactions don't think so.

This is also an example of their need to elevate talent. When your only option is to bring back an older star, as a face at this point, to feud with a new top face, that's a problem.