Page 16 of 336 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE PPVs

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    oh cena sold alright. sold a lot of merch.
    I was happy to hear the dueling chants again on a ppv.
    After beth losing Cena winning like that was like taking a giant crap in peoples faces.
    Since Kelly can only win a match that one way, what are the chances we get Beth/Kelly in an I Quit match?
    0?

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I was happy to hear the dueling chants again on a ppv.
    After beth losing Cena winning like that was like taking a giant crap in peoples faces.
    Since Kelly can only win a match that one way, what are the chances we get Beth/Kelly in an I Quit match?
    0?
    yeah but its fun to dream.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

A lot of people sold well.
    Kelly, Orton, HHH looked like he was dying at the end of the Punk match.
    Cena cannot be hurt by someone as pathetic as ADR, so he didn't need to sell.
    Besides merch Cena sells for no one, not even when Miz tortured his ass one match

looks like cena took his love for cars a lil too far
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

as legato said, cena is a pure babyface, the unflappable hero. for him to do stuff like this comes off as dickish. and ricardo really hasn't done much to Warrant cena decking him like he did. i mean, last night was the first and only time ricardo actively got involved in ADR's matches as champ. ricardo just came out, told cena ADR couldnt come and then started talking about how awesome he was. then cena just decked him. from someone like austin or orton, that would be expected. but from someone like cena, it comes off as dickish.
    Didn't Ricardo run over Big Show a few weeks back? He's also tried helping cripple Rey Mysterio on multiple occasions. Ricardo has done PLENTY to warrent Cena punching him. Ricardo really only is "innocent" if you compartamentalize the feud with Cena apart from everything else we've seen them do in their career.

But more to the point, booking wise since Alberto couldn't be there Cena had to work with Ricardo instead. You're trying to build heat for a match with a guy that's simply not there... these are the things you have to do booking wise when you're in that sort of situation.

As far as faces acting dicking... have you ever watched Hogan as a face? I've argue he's at least as bad as Cena on his worst day, and consistantly so. Hell, even Sting spent half his career walking around with a baseball bat.

This is wrestling. Even the good guys are ultra violent people. Even the faces look like criminal thugs when judged by real world standard. When judged by wrestling standards however, what you see from Cena is pretty typical stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Didn't Ricardo run over Big Show a few weeks back? He's also tried helping cripple Rey Mysterio on multiple occasions. Ricardo has done PLENTY to warrent Cena punching him. Ricardo really only is "innocent" if you compartamentalize the feud with Cena apart from everything else we've seen them do in their career.
    So because he's a bad driver and a yes man for his boss he should be punched in the face. I don't remember him ever helping Del Rio to hurt someone but he does cheer his boss on while he does it.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

The only match that makes sense for a actual Hell in the Cell match is Punk/HHH because it would prevent interference.
    Presumebly.
    How does this ppv work, i've never seen it, the one gimick match and a bunch of normal matches?
    Trust me, I was as bit as confused as you.

Like much of the gimmick PPVs as of late, only "main event" matches feature the advertised stipulation. In this case, it'll probably be Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton, John Cena vs. Heel of the Month (might be Del Rio for his rematch, but who knows?), and Triple H vs. CM Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Trust me, I was as bit as confused as you.

Like much of the gimmick PPVs as of late, only "main event" matches feature the advertised stipulation. In this case, it'll probably be Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton, John Cena vs. Heel of the Month (might be Del Rio for his rematch, but who knows?), and Triple H vs. CM Punk.
    They announced on RAW last night that it will be Henry vs Orton for the title in HiC and Cena vs del Rio vs Punk for the title in HiC.
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 09-20-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    They announced on RAW last night that Henry vs Orton for the title in HiC and Cena vs del Rio vs Punk for the title in HiC.
    I missed RAW, so I didn't know about that. Well, those are the main event matches in the Cell.

And just because it's a HITC doesn't mean it wouldn't feature run-ins or some degree of interference. The first-ever match had Kane interfere, and Edge snuck in as a photographer in 2007 to name two examples.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    So because he's a bad driver and a yes man for his boss he should be punched in the face. I don't remember him ever helping Del Rio to hurt someone but he does cheer his boss on while he does it.
    I guess if you buy the notion that Ricardo and Del Rio weren't plotting to run over the big show and it was an accident, Ricardo might seem less deserving of what happened.

But from my perspective, those sort of "accidents" in pro-wrestling when commited by heels aren't really accidents. What we see there are heels being heels... and what we see from Cena is a face being a face.

I don't know about anyone else, but I grew up watching Hogan... he was the classic wrestling mega-face that I used to set the standard for pretty much all other mega-faces... and Hogan by my estimation was prick a lot of the time. So it just doesn't phase me to see even a face acting in an overly violent manner in wrestling... to me that's just normal.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Double post power: activate!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-20-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Benoit. Nice.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I guess if you buy the notion that Ricardo and Del Rio weren't plotting to run over the big show and it was an accident, Ricardo might seem less deserving of what happened.

But from my perspective, those sort of "accidents" in pro-wrestling when commited by heels aren't really accidents. What we see there are heels being heels... and what we see from Cena is a face being a face.

I don't know about anyone else, but I grew up watching Hogan... he was the classic wrestling mega-face that I used to set the standard for pretty much all other mega-faces... and Hogan by my estimation was prick a lot of the time. So it just doesn't phase me to see even a face acting in an overly violent manner in wrestling... to me that's just normal.
    the problem with this for me is the whole feud with ADR didnt make sense to me. cena was overly angry at ADR for nothing. his first night as champ, he beats rey clean and then starts beating down rey afterwards. cena comes in to save him but goes on this rant about how ADR isn't a real champ because he cashed in the MITB. he didnt even talk that much about rey getting jumped. mind you, this is coming from a guy who beat the guy he saved for the title 2 hours after he won it. and dont forget that punk said that same night that he wasn't mad at ADR for cashing in on him. he said it again the next week to ADR's face that he wasn't mad. cena was the only one mad and for no real reason. he was just mad to be a mad hero.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

the problem with this for me is the whole feud with ADR didnt make sense to me. cena was overly angry at ADR for nothing. his first night as champ, he beats rey clean and then starts beating down rey afterwards. cena comes in to save him but goes on this rant about how ADR isn't a real champ because he cashed in the MITB. he didnt even talk that much about rey getting jumped. mind you, this is coming from a guy who beat the guy he saved for the title 2 hours after he won it. and dont forget that punk said that same night that he wasn't mad at ADR for cashing in on him. he said it again the next week to ADR's face that he wasn't mad. cena was the only one mad and for no real reason. he was just mad to be a mad hero.
    Which in turn make Cena end up acting like an asshole. Really that whole Cena vs Del Rio feud was just WWE's poor excuse to force Cena into a championship match which technically should have belonged to Punk since Punk was the freaking champion. Now that Punk is actually getting his rematch I see a possibility on how the match at HITC could end. Del Rio wins the title back by pinning Punk but Cena would come out in the next night and claim that since Del Rio never pinned him then he gets ANOTHER title match. That not only hurts Punk because he lost in another PPV but it also hurts Del Rio by having Cena say he still didn't earn the belt because he didn't pin him.

Unless Cena loses clean at the PPV I fear for both Punk and Del Rio because they could be at risk of being buried just so WWE can continue to book Cena strong for his Wrestlemania match against The Rock. Which is what I might consider skipping. Yeah Cena vs Rock was considered the dream match but from the way this is built up I dont think I'll end up enjoying this. So yeah if they want to salvage Del Rio then have him beat Cena clean, not like it will hurt Cena's heat
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck