Page 14 of 336 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE PPVs

I think everyone knows I do not like Randy Orton, but for the first time I'd want him to win

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Some random thoughts...

I was certainly surprised that Cena won the title. That said, I'm assuming Del Rio wins it back before WWE tours mexico.

Still not a huge fan of Henry's in-ring work, but I don't mind that they gave him a shot. They're trying to establish some new main eventers... that's almost always a good thing regardless of who it is. And a clean win was nice.

And I'm okay with Punk losing. It look like 50 pedigree's and a jackkife power bomb. That's about as much of a protected loss as you could muster while still delivering pin fall.
    If it was the RAW brand that was touring mexico, then you can kind of argue it makes sense for Del Rio to be moved over.

I still think he's going to be WWE champ by the time they get over there... but we'll see.
    I think he might win the title back IN Mexico
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

so the top face of the company is allowed to promote grand theft auto, and be rewarded with the championship?? cena is a dick movement in full effect lol
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin1108 View Post
    so the top face of the company is allowed to promote grand theft auto, and be rewarded with the championship?? cena is a dick movement in full effect lol
    This is pro-wrestling afterall.

Compared to Austin or Taker or Triple H or Orton, Cena even at his worst might as well have a halo and wings. Rey is probably the only WWE champion that you could label "nicer" than Cena at this point.

Jaw Squad Member

R-Truth's remix is awesome.

Dibiase appears to actually be beginning to get over. Here's hoping the WWE keeps this feud hot and actually gets Ted a personality.

Christian-Sheamus feud? I can dig it.

I marked for Mark Henry. Not a big fan of the guy, but I was not expecting him to actually win. Thought Mark should've sold the finally winning a championship more, but good promo afterwards.

I'm never a fan of people losing in their hometowns. Thought it was poor booking by the WWE to have Beth as a supposed heel in this match anyways, and I suppose it's a good thing they didn't try to get the hometown fans to boo her.

Cena winning left a bad taste in my mouth. Makes Alberto looks like a total chump, and Cena as champ is the stalest thing in wrestling. Pointless.

Punk-HHH was the overbooked clusterf*ck we all figured it would be when it was announced that it was no DQ. Nice to see Miz and Truth involved though.

Oh, and general complaint: defending champions should always come in last.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    R-Truth's remix is awesome.

Dibiase appears to actually be beginning to get over. Here's hoping the WWE keeps this feud hot and actually gets Ted a personality.

Christian-Sheamus feud? I can dig it.

I marked for Mark Henry. Not a big fan of the guy, but I was not expecting him to actually win. Thought Mark should've sold the finally winning a championship more, but good promo afterwards.

I'm never a fan of people losing in their hometowns. Thought it was poor booking by the WWE to have Beth as a supposed heel in this match anyways, and I suppose it's a good thing they didn't try to get the hometown fans to boo her.

Cena winning left a bad taste in my mouth. Makes Alberto looks like a total chump, and Cena as champ is the stalest thing in wrestling. Pointless.

Punk-HHH was the overbooked clusterf*ck we all figured it would be when it was announced that it was no DQ. Nice to see Miz and Truth involved though.

Oh, and general complaint: defending champions should always come in last.
    I do miss the days when the defending champions always came out last.

I can buy the big super face sometimes coming out second if they have some sort of big super cool elaborate entrance at a Wrestlemania or something... but generally speaking it's a nice little tradition that I think they should have kept.

It was a nice small nod which gave some credibility to the title.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Compared to Austin or Taker or Triple H or Orton, Cena even at his worst might as well have a halo and wings. Rey is probably the only WWE champion that you could label "nicer" than Cena at this point.
    austin, taker, trips, and orton were all kinda tweeners when they were faces. still good guys but allowed to break the rules because its in their characters.

cena is the company's squeaky clean face. for him to do shit like this is just dickish. punching out ricardo, making fun of chimel, throwing bret under the bus, and now stealing del rio's car.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

They really dont count. Austin, Taker, Orton, and HHH were anti-heroes at best. They would go after both heel and face when provoked and thats how the WWE books them. With Cena he is supposed to be this babyface that is a role model to the kids but yet he is gradually starting to act more heelish as of late yet he is still booked as this babyface that can do no wrong.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

The idea of Del Rio losing the Cena cleanly pretty much kills his run.

But at least this makes the pain go away:

And the best part... Orton lost CLEAN, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    mostly because the wrong diva won.
    Maybe if she were a stick with implants she would have got a push
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

austin, taker, trips, and orton were all kinda tweeners when they were faces. still good guys but allowed to break the rules because its in their characters.

cena is the company's squeaky clean face. for him to do shit like this is just dickish. punching out ricardo, making fun of chimel, throwing bret under the bus, and now stealing del rio's car.
    Eh... to me it was just standard wrestling booking.

Heel has a manager with a history of interfering in matches, the manager will sooner or later get beat up by the face wrestler.

Heel drives out in a nice car. Sooner or later face wrestler will steal or trash the car.

If you need greater justication storywise, you can just go with Cena being a former heel (like like Austin and Rock and Orton and the rest). So there's a little bit of that still in him when. But for me, it's wrestling... this is just how these guys typically act IMO. Managers are there to get beat up. Cars are there to get stolen or blown up or whatever.

I still don't get the Henry love.

He's slow and boring and hasn't had a single match I could call "great" in his entire career.

Say what you will about Orton, but the guy has had tons of great matches in his career. Ever single Orton vs. Christian match was better than any match Henry has ever had.

Instead of turning Sheamus I wish they had just given him Henry's push.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    I still don't get the Henry love.

He's slow and boring and hasn't had a single match I could call "great" in his entire career.

Say what you will about Orton, but the guy has had tons of great matches in his career. Ever single Orton vs. Christian match was better than any match Henry has ever had.

Instead of turning Sheamus I wish they had just given him Henry's push.

The problem was that Christian, despite having great matches with Orton, was booked horribly... such as winning the belt by having his balls kicked.

I just never was into Orton. Granted, Henry IS slow and plodding, but he was entertaining in his run as ECW Champion. I feel like that they should at least give him a chance. This looks a lot like a Sting/Big Van Vader finish that can help set up Orton getting back the belt, but only after he "overcomes the odds" for real, unlike Cena.

I do agree with you on Sheamus, but only because they ruined his entrance music when he turned face.

Veteran Member

tell that to punk.

and booker.

and taker.

and regal.
    With the exception of Taker, all of those were humiliated in their hometowns countless of times before getting their hometown moment. Ditto for most of the Canadians, Lita, Mickie James, etc.

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

No, Vince. You are not getting my money. This should have been called Night Of Scampions. Cena champ again? I really can't believe Cena is that popular he needs to win the title again. Nice way to show how much faith you have in Alberto. And Triple H vs Punk? Way to go Triple H. And then he wonders why people hate him for the right reasons. Fuck you, Triple H.