Page 2 of 344 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    - Joey Styles wrote the following on Twitter last night about this season of NXT:

"Tyson Kidd lost to Trent Barreta tonight on NXT when he was distracted by a Japanese symbol on the Tron. Being that this is week 25 of would should have been a 13 week season, the Japanese symbol probably meant "apathy". #howmuchmoreheatcaniget

Next week, Season 5 of NXT reaches week 26,twice as long as every other season. Can we just give Titus and Darren WWE contracts and move on?

While we're at it, let's find Percy Watson who should have been on this season instead of Darren Young and sign him and Derrick Bateman too! As a bonus, we have Maxine who would look phenomenal on any WWE or any TV show and Naomi who looks great inside and outside the ring.

Derrick Bateman's distraction allowed Maxine to defeat A.J. Afterward, Titus O'Neil tried to restore order, threatening Bateman. No, really. That was the main event. Next week is week #26 of NXT Season 5. Is it bad manners to request a wine list a week in advance?"
    I suppose that's the nice thing about NXT. It's not on any network or anything, so they don't have to worry about ratings and people can get away with ripping on it a bit.

I recall Micheal Cole falling asleep at the announce booth back in the day when he was calling the show.

No one really cares, so guys like Styles and Cole can get away with ripping on it a bit.

Last night's NXT was Todd Grisham's final appearance with the WWE (confirmed by Regal on Twitter). He's off to ESPN.

Wouldnt it be funny if its not Yoshi Tatsu being hinted at, but rather Tajiri?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Doubtful. He's in a program with NJPW and SMASH.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    Last night's NXT was Todd Grisham's final appearance with the WWE (confirmed by Regal on Twitter). He's off to ESPN.
    My favorite play by play guy by far in the WWE. I think he's got big things in store for him at ESPN....he'll be anchoring SportsCenter in no time...

I am hoping that with the UFC new deal with Fox, that this inspires the WWE to put Smackdown on Tuesdays live. I see the purpose of having a later show during the week to sell ppvs, but a live show will bring in better audience for SD, and Fridays is bad night for their demo. Thats a date night.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    My favorite play by play guy by far in the WWE. I think he's got big things in store for him at ESPN....he'll be anchoring SportsCenter in no time...
    He's done sports reporting before - he worked for one of the FOX Sports channels (soccer games) a couple years back, and he was quite good at the pre-game/post-game hosting duties.

Tajiri isn't coming back on NXT, he'd get a huge pop on Raw or Smackdown i would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    I am hoping that with the UFC new deal with Fox, that this inspires the WWE to put Smackdown on Tuesdays live. I see the purpose of having a later show during the week to sell ppvs, but a live show will bring in better audience for SD, and Fridays is bad night for their demo. Thats a date night.
    No oen knows why it's even on Friday anymore.
    It could clearly get higher ratings any other time of the week, they seem to just be on Friday because they had to be on Friday at one point, and never bothered moving back.

I would not be shocked, if it was Funaki.

That would be cool.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I would not be shocked, if it was Funaki.
    Funaki, like Tajiri, has been in SMASH as of late, so he's probably still in Japan.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

08.25 Superstars

http://vids.wwe.com/13038/wwe-superstars-august-25-2011

Decent Justin Gabriel vs. JTG match and a pretty good Daniel Bryan vs. Drew McIntyre match.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    08.25 Superstars

http://vids.wwe.com/13038/wwe-superstars-august-25-2011
    and a pretty good Daniel Bryan vs. Drew McIntyre match.
    and no michael cole
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

While it's true that live TV might bring in a large audience, it's also true that it's actually more expensive to do live TV than taped. And you have to consider that most of the world (including the West Coast in the states) aren't really getting it live anyways I'm not 100% it would be worth it.

I do agree about moving Friday Nights not necessarily being a good night for TV for that particular demographic. Then again maybe Syfy channel just assumes that a large percentage of it's demographic IS home on Friday Nights.