Spoilers for this week
end of spoilers
* Natalya beat Alicia Fox
* SmackDown opens with Randy Orton talking about the Royal Rumble. Sheamus comes out and they argue about who will be the last one. Big Show and Antonio Cesaro come out to interrupt. Booker T makes Orton and Sheamus vs. Show and Cesaro for tonight’s main event.
* The Miz beat Heath Slater.
* Natalya, Hornswoggle and The Great Khali beat Primo, Epico and Rosa Mendes.
* Wade Barrett beat Kofi Kingston to retain the Intercontinental Title.
* Tamina Snuka beat Layla.
* Randy Orton and Sheamus beat Big Show and Antonio Cesaro. Orton and Sheamus had a staredown to end the show.
SD was pretty good.
slater vs miz was surprisingly good & competitive. miz worked well as a face getting the crowd involved and looking like he was in serious danger of losing the match. best slater match and miz as a face work i've seen.
khali/hornswoggle vs los carlitos, thank the heavens for team hell no revitalizing the tag division. i remember back when the tag teams were just fodder for guys like khali in handi-cap matches. now he needs hornswoggles help to beat the true tag teams.
kofi vs wade was great, and the feud has been very damn good. strong booking for a heel.
tamina vs layla. tamina has gotten better. she needs to work on that splash though or her knees will be shot quickly.
orton & sheamus vs show & cesaro. good main event. the end had sheamus looking like a serious gloryhound asshole. i do wonder where is legato to call cesaro out on not knowing how to sell his hand injury.
Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson. He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order
The skit where Mae Young gives Birth to Baby new Year Hornswoggle was both Tedious and Offensive. Kudos Vince. Maybe the worse thing on tv that did not involve true life fatalities or Our nation's elected officials.
I was shocked at how good the Miz/Slater match was. Those two really clicked. Give Miz time, and I think he will be valuable face.
Natalya retaliates - "Backstage Fallout" SmackDown - January 4, 2013
COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
end of spoilers
SmackDown opens with CM Punk and Paul Heyman at Sun Life Stadium. Punk puts on The Rock's college football jersey. The stadium The Rock played college football at (the Orange Dome) is gone and the WWE that The Rock used to wrestle for is gone too. At the Royal Rumble, Punk is going to show The Rock that you can never go home.
* The Rock comes out for a promo. Flo Rida is in the house. The Rock is back on The Rock's show, SmackDown. Rock talks about his college football days. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes come out. They say they are going to be champions soon and The Rock doesn't deserve this time. Rock says Cody has a dead caterpillar on his lip and makes fun of his lisp. Sandow has a wager for The Rock. Sandow says if Rock can answer 3 questions, he can stay. If not he leaves. Rock says bring it. Question 1 - who was the 19th US president. Rock says Rutherford B Hayes, b---h. Cody asks what movie won Best Picture in 1993. Rock says Schindlers List & he's right again. Question 3 - Rock says now it's his turn to ask a question. What happens when you combine a geological aggregate of minerals with its lowest form. Sandow says that's easy - you get Rock Bottom. Rock grabs him and gives him a Rock Bottom! Cody gets in Rock's face and gets a spine buster and then a People's Elbow. Rock celebrates.
* Lilian Garcia introduces SmackDown General Manager Booker T. Booker announces Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton. The Rock will be in this very ring tonight. Also Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio. Show comes out and confronts Booker. He gets a microphone and says his match with Del Rio is because Booker T has a personal vendetta against him. Big Show says Del Rio is only getting the match because they're in Miami and Del Rio is Latino. There are no more Latino heroes, no more Irish heroes, no Viper heroes. Del Rio runs out and attacks Big Show and clears him out of the ring. Loud chant for Del Rio.
* Backstage segment with Booker, Rhodes and Sandow.
* A pre-recorded video from Antonio Cesaro announces he will be in the Royal Rumble.
* Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro is next. Cesaro comes out with the US flag. As Orton was in control and getting ready to hit the RKO, The Shield ran down and destroyed Orton & hit the 3-man power bomb.
* Show vs. Del Rio for later tonight will be a Last Man Standing match.
* Matt Striker interviews Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre backstage about the Rumble. They have a score to settle with Sheamus tonight.
* AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler vs. Natalya and The Great Khali is up next. Hornswoggle and Big E Langston are at ringside. AJ pins Natalya in a short match after hitting Sliced Bread. After the match, Langston levels Khali with his body tackle. Ziggler hit the leg drop on Khali and Langston hit his finisher on Hornswoggle.
* Sheamus vs. 3MB in a Handicap Match. 3MB runs away as soon as the match starts. Slater runs back and attacks Sheamus from behind but gets hit with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus gets the win.
* Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil is up next. Team Hell No win a quick match. Bryan's knee was taped up and he was limping after the match.
* Show vs. Del Rio in a Last Man Standing match is next. Del Rio came out in a Lamborghini. Big Show put him through a table on the outside. Del Rio starts using a chair on Show in the ring. Lots of back and forth. Show hits a choke slam and Del Rio gets up after 7. Outside the ring, Big Show slams Del Rio through the ringside barricade. Del Rio gets up after a 9 count and the crowd goes nuts. Back in the ring, Big Show nails Del Rio with the WMD knockout punch. Del Rio makes the count by rolling out of the ring at the last second and standing up. Big Show tries to hit Del Rio with ring steps but it backfired and he hits himself. Del Rio hits Big Show with the ring steps 3 times and Big Show is hurt. Del Rio turns the announcers table onto Big Show and gets the 10 count for the win. And new World Heavyweight Champion - Alberto Del Rio! Del Rio celebrates in the ring and in the crowd.
Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2HRep3fTK
....I don't even think they advertised on Raw, stupid.
Nothing's gonna happen without a warning