Page 3 of 344 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While it's true that live TV might bring in a large audience, it's also true that it's actually more expensive to do live TV than taped. And you have to consider that most of the world (including the West Coast in the states) aren't really getting it live anyways I'm not 100% it would be worth it.

I do agree about moving Friday Nights not necessarily being a good night for TV for that particular demographic. Then again maybe Syfy channel just assumes that a large percentage of it's demographic IS home on Friday Nights.
    Raw doubles it's numbers, make it more like Raw and put it on a night that isn't traditionaly the night where less people watch tv and it will do better.
    However, i don't know if higher ratings=higher add revenue because it's still on syfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Raw doubles it's numbers, make it more like Raw and put it on a night that isn't traditionaly the night where less people watch tv and it will do better.
    However, i don't know if higher ratings=higher add revenue because it's still on syfy.
    On a purely personal level, I usually prefer Smackdown to RAW so I'm not sure I'd want it more like RAW.

But that aside, I think RAW getting higher ratings has more to do with it having more star power than it simply being a live broadcast. I think being like would make a difference... I'm just not convinced being like makes a huge difference.

Again, most places would get it taped anyways. Really the only people getting it live would be the east coast of the US. West Coasters get it taped either way.

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Spoilers for this week.

spoilers:
    Bret Hart opens the show and will be tonight’s guest General Manager. Bret said he made the decision to take SmackDown live next Tuesday night and announces Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton for the World Title. Christian comes out and blames Edge for his loss at SummerSlam. Christian wants a rematch against Orton next Tuesday. Bret called Christian an embarrassment to Canada. Christian had a court order that says he gets his title shot before anyone else. Bret makes Christian vs. Orton in a Steel Cage for Tuesday. Mark Henry comes out and he’s upset. Henry wants the winner of Orton vs. Christian and wants his title shot. Sheamus appears and says he’s going to do something his uncle did once – castrate a black bull. Sheamus cleared Henry from the ring and then they re-filmed the whole Sheamus/Henry deal.

* Christian defeated Daniel Bryan with the Killswitch.

* Wade Barrett came out to face a local wrestler. Barrett talks about what he’s done in WWE and says he won’t face a local wrestler like this guy. Barrett said this is an embarrassment and left.

* Sin Cara defeated Heath Slater after a bad match. They had to re-film the ending because it was botched too bad.

* Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase came out. Cody talked about how he is going to resurrect the Intercontinental Title.

* Randy Orton beat Ted DiBiase with the RKO in a good match. After the match Cody hit DiBiase with CrossRhodes and put a brown paper bag over his head.

* Kelly Kelly defeated Tamina.

* Segment with Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali.

* Ezekiel Jackson defeated The Great Khali with the torture rack.

* Randy Orton appeared on the big screen and wondered how many times he has to face Christian after the cage match was advertised for Tuesday night.

* Sin Cara beat Heath Slater again. They re-did the whole match and it was significantly better than the first.

* Sheamus beat Mark Henry by count out after putting Henry into the announcer’s table. After the match, Henry hit a World’s Strongest Slam on Sheamus and the steel steps.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If they want to build Danielson as a leget contender then they really shouldn't be jobbing him out. Unless they are building to someone else getting his briefcase.

I can see why they had to re-film the Shemus/Henry segment

I wonder who is to blame for the bad botch? Slater or Sin Cara(Hunico)?

The only reason Khali is being used is because of his size. Otherwise he would be future endevored
    end of spoilers
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    spoilers:
    If they want to build Danielson as a leget contender then they really shouldn't be jobbing him out. Unless they are building to someone else getting his briefcase.

I can see why they had to re-film the Shemus/Henry segment

I wonder who is to blame for the bad botch? Slater or Sin Cara(Hunico)?

The only reason Khali is being used is because of his size. Otherwise he would be future endevored
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't understand why he keeps losing aside from they know he will have a good match and he couldn't beat Del Rio, Barret was a mystery to me. The thing is, he has that mitb thing, and he's still midcard, but he is more over then everyone else in the midcard on Smackdown. Which isn't saying much i understand, but still, the only people who get a good reaction are Zack Ryder, who doesn't wrestle, and him.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't understand why he keeps losing aside from they know he will have a good match and he couldn't beat Del Rio, Barret was a mystery to me. The thing is, he has that mitb thing, and he's still midcard, but he is more over then everyone else in the midcard on Smackdown. Which isn't saying much i understand, but still, the only people who get a good reaction are Zack Ryder, who doesn't wrestle, and him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Which makes me wonder does someone in management have a issue against Danielson or something? Logic wise Danielson should have been pushed heavily just so the fans can buy him as a legit contender against whoever the champion is on Smackdown. But they haven't done that nor have used his mic skills properly and Danielson can talk on the mic
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Which makes me wonder does someone in management have a issue against Danielson or something? Logic wise Danielson should have been pushed heavily just so the fans can buy him as a legit contender against whoever the champion is on Smackdown. But they haven't done that nor have used his mic skills properly and Danielson can talk on the mic
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm pretty sure, giving that lack of wrestling skill and charisma isn't holding anyone else down right now, that that isn't what's going on with him since he's good and gets a crowd reaction. I think they just assume they have a lot of time to build him, and they can always get the case too someone else, so they aren't rushing it. Technically, if you make it so he wins all the time, he's going to have to win for like....months and months until wrestlemania, and they can't let him beat the people in the main event spots, so he could only beat jobbers, which is stupid. Like when he had an actual competitive match against Heath Slater. I can't currently buy a guy as world champ when he has trouble beating Heath Slater.
    Also, a christian/orton cag ematch means we get another match thats good, but isn't that s tep back from a no holds barred match? They don't get weapons in a cage :-(
    Watching Smackdown right now, Cole has indeed been toned down a lot, he didn't call Bryan a nerd once, Matthews talked about 40% more. And, a great crowd, Canada's always good for those.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Alex; 08-26-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Zeke/Khali is exactly what you would expect from that match.
    Khali size made it so Zeke could only punch and use 1 move, funny Oilers suck chant during it though.

Did they add in canned heat or let the canadians cheer their own?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

I was there and for the most part, we just cheered faces and booed heels. Tyson Kidd got a very good reaction on NXT, and Christian managed to get lots of heat despite being Canadian. Orton, Bret, Sheamus, and Triple H got the big face reactions.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    Did they add in canned heat or let the canadians cheer their own?
    I wonder if they didn't use Bret just to at least try and ensure that the Canadians would cheer and boo for the "right" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    I was there and for the most part, we just cheered faces and booed heels. Tyson Kidd got a very good reaction on NXT, and Christian managed to get lots of heat despite being Canadian. Orton, Bret, Sheamus, and Triple H got the big face reactions.
    How was Zek and Khali's match btw

Crowd reacted more to the divas.

My friend's are going to the Toronto tapings of Smackdown, and wil let me know what happens there.

Given that Edge will be there, I think WWE will try and use him to make sure everyone boos Christian. But we all want to cheer on both our hometown boys.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Nice that WWE cares enough to try and alter the natural fan reaction.

Boring, but the ending spot was awesome.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!