Page 25 of 344 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Ibo, you are right. I just lump in Attitude era guys. Would you say that Michaels(in his prime) was overshadowed by Hogan as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    When i was watching all the wrestlemanias, i watched Orton/HHH from...25 i think, and it was a really by the numbers, boring match.
    And i don't know why because both guys should be able to have a great match.
    In and of itself, it wasn't a GREAT match.

But I think part of the problem is that Taker/HBK sort of drained the crowd. It's tough for any of the matches that had to follow it.

Triple H is a better than average worker that creates the illusion that he's a great worker because he's very good at getting people to care about the match he's in (Hogan was the same way). It wasn't move for move what he did that mattered so much as the fact that people just gave a dam about the story he was telling. He can make a 3 star match FEEL like a 4 star match.

But that effect is a bit lessened after something like Taker/HBK. You need to really fight to get the crowd back after something like that. If Taker/HBK had been last, the Triple H match probably would have seemed better. It wouldn't have actually been better... but it would have seemed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I thought Cody was the one he did that to.
    You're right, could have sworn it was Ted... but the crowd was begging Cody to go face that night instead.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    You're right, could have sworn it was Ted... but the crowd was begging Cody to go face that night instead.
    The fact that cody has a personality and Ted doesn't, makes this current face turn difficult.
    But THANK GOD they are finaly letting cody put the bags on people who he beats, instead of putting them on incredibly excited and happy people around the ring.

But THANK GOD they are finaly letting cody put the bags on people who he beats, instead of putting them on incredibly excited and happy people around the ring.
    he can still do both
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    he can still do both
    He's a heel!
    Heel's don't do things that the crowd wants them to do, the first time people reached out for bags is the moment they should have stopped doing it.
    Bags on opponents head is win, the time Zeke stood up behind teddy with a bag on his head was friggen comedy gold.

He's a heel!
    Heel's don't do things that the crowd wants them to do, the first time people reached out for bags is the moment they should have stopped doing it.
    Bags on opponents head is win, the time Zeke stood up behind teddy with a bag on his head was friggen comedy gold.
    no he's cody rhodes
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    He did it to both of them and neither one did anything about it even though the crowd was begging them to turn face. I think that was the reason Randy Orton ended up a face. Once that happened nobody wanted to root for them. So once they broke up the team Randy was the victim of a two one fight against two lackeys/friends who betrayed him for the championship and he overcame the odds to win. After that people started cheering him even though he was still being evil.

He's a heel!
    He's a Rhodes. You can't apply sane people's logic to this family.

Two sets of smackdown spoilers from two different sites.

spoilers:
    set one

Mark Henry cut a promo talking about being the World Heavyweight Champion soon. He went through all of the members of the "Hall Of Pain." He then beat Ezekial Jackson.

Sin Cara beat Tyson Kidd. After the match, Cara got interviewed by Josh Matthews and spoke English in the interview. Daniel Bryan comes out and challenges Cara to a match next week and Cara attacks Bryan.

Kelly Kelly beats Natalya.

Sheamus beat Wade Barrett by DQ after Christian attacked Sheamus.

Air Boom (Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston) defeated Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali. Kofi pinned Mahal. The Great Khali left Mahal behind in the ring.

Mahal then cut an angry promo alone in the ring in Punjab when Triple H's music hit. Mahal was yelling at Triple H in Punjab when Hunter hit him with a Pedigree. He pulled him back up and said, "I'm sorry. What?" Before Mahal could utter a word, Triple H Pedigree'd him again. It seemed like it was done for the live crowd only.

Cody Rhodes cut a pre-match promo cutting down Ted DiBiase and telling Orton he'll show him "just how unstable he can be."

Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes in a champion vs. champion match. Orton won with an RKO in a good TV match. Post-match, Mark Henry entered the ring for a stare-down. Orton struck first, punching away at Henry until Henry reversed an RKO into a World's Strongest Slam. Henry then sat down on a chair that was positioned on Orton's throat.

set two

Dark Match:

* Trent Baretta defeated Johnny Curtis

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

-Mark Henry opens the show and talks about Randy Orton at Night of Champions. Zack Ryder comes out and announces Orton vs. Henry for tonight. Henry lays out Ryder and must face Ezekiel Jackson now.

-Henry beat Zeke.

-Sin Cara beat Tyson Kidd and cut a heel promo afterwards. Daniel Bryan comes out and wants respect. Cara lays him out and leaves.

-Kelly Kelly beat Natalya after reversing the Sharpshooter.

-Christian comes out and whines about Teddy Long, Orton and the World Title. Sheamus comes out, tells Christian to shut up and get out of his ring.

-Sheamus beat Wade Barrett by DQ when Christian interfered. Sheamus cleared the ring to end it.

-Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne beat Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali. Khali and Mahal argue afterwards. Triple H comes out and Pedigrees Mahal.

-After a long match, Randy Orton beat Cody Rhodes with the RKO. Mark Henry came out afterwards and attacked Orton with a chair to end the show
    end of spoilers
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Are you watching closely? mistervader's Avatar

Based on those spoilers, I'm shocked they're even allowing you-know-who to cut a promo, period.
    Right here, in this very ring...

www.mistervader.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In and of itself, it wasn't a GREAT match.

But I think part of the problem is that Taker/HBK sort of drained the crowd. It's tough for any of the matches that had to follow it.

Triple H is a better than average worker that creates the illusion that he's a great worker because he's very good at getting people to care about the match he's in (Hogan was the same way). It wasn't move for move what he did that mattered so much as the fact that people just gave a dam about the story he was telling. He can make a 3 star match FEEL like a 4 star match.

But that effect is a bit lessened after something like Taker/HBK. You need to really fight to get the crowd back after something like that. If Taker/HBK had been last, the Triple H match probably would have seemed better. It wouldn't have actually been better... but it would have seemed that way.
    I have to agree with this, but it is one of the things that makes me like HHH. Take HHH/Taker compared to Richards/Edwards. Hands down I think Richards/Edwards was the better match, I think most would agree. But there is something about those two that could make me care the way HHH/Taker did. The moment the bell rang and they just ran out and started hitting each other, gave it an "Oh shit, this is going to be epic." feel
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well its not just TNA thats having problems selling tickets as this pic will show. This is at a Smackdown show in Toledo.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2416...r-smackdownnxt
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Green Mist of Death Young Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistervader View Post
    Based on those spoilers, I'm shocked they're even allowing you-know-who to cut a promo, period.
    spoilers:
    One of the Sin Caras will have to talk for their feud to work. You can't feud if they just point at each other
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K. Vaughan
    Thanks. I don't know. I'm no Stan Lee, but I definitely know how to steal from him. Stan was the one who realized that great comics have nothing to do with powers, costumes, or continuity, and everything to do with using these heroes as timeless metaphors for something meaningful about our real lives.
    Quoted for truth

Help Save Ant-Man

Are you watching closely? mistervader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    spoilers:
    One of the Sin Caras will have to talk for their feud to work. You can't feud if they just point at each other
    end of spoilers
    It worked for Bobby Lashley.

Oh, wait.
    Right here, in this very ring...

www.mistervader.blogspot.com