Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CotM Member

Super legit.

Part of one of the most respected retail chains in the country.

Very legit.

Yeah, likewise I've used them several times in the past and have never had an issue.

We regularly source back issues from their for customers and have never had a problem.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Hi guys--I'm the lead developer and consignment director for mycomicshop.com. If anybody has any questions, you're welcome to contact me at conan@mycomicshop.com or 512-240-2802.

We've been in business since the 1970s and are one of the largest comic retailers on the web and on eBay. Here are links to feedback from our customers:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/feedback

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Thanks,
    Conan

Default MyComicShop Review

Quote Originally Posted by andybmcd View Post
    We had a thread on one of these forums detailing that customers had all sorts of issues with Mycomicshop. Definitely can't recommend it.
    I would NOT recommend them either after my last shipment. I received multiple books with tape & tape residue on them. They were listed as VF on the site.

According to their OWN grading scale: http://www.mycomicshop.com/help/grading

Very Fine (VF) condition
    An exceptional copy with outstanding eye appeal. Sharp, bright and clean with supple pages. Pages and covers can be yellowish/tannish (at the most), but not brown, and will often be off white to white. Light spine wear is acceptable. A comic falls into this condition range if it meets all the following standards...
    Tape: None of any type.

Yet I received multiple books from different years & different publishers with tape/sticky tape residue on them.

When I asked their customer service about it, I was told, "Please understand that if you continue to order these items from us, occasionally you will receive books in this manner." Wow, way to just tell off a customer.

So, I'm glad to know that now. I will NEVER be ordering from them again.

Personally I'd never run across tape on any VF or even Fine or VG book from Mile High, Tfaw, Midtown, Comic Collector Live, or eBay in all the years I've bought online.

Hi, I just paid $2.85 for a bagged and boarded Spider-man comic book weeks ago. They shipped it out on the 5th of this month, but I haven't recieve it yet. It's September the 13th today, should I worry? 0_0

Another thing that scares me is when I checked the comic section, I notice the comic I purchased is "IN STOCK"......WTF?? Have I been suckered? 0_0

I don't believe it's a scam cuz the comics are so darn cheap. It wouldn't make sense to scam people out of 2 and 3 meezly bucks.
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 09-13-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderCrawler View Post
    I was just wondering if any of you have bought from them?
    Loads of times.
    I check them first for any back issues I'm after - though I use their e-bay shop.

And if so, are they a trusted website?
    I've never had a problem. But by using their ebay shop, I've got ebay and paypal as well, so you've got options if there's a problem.
    I've read stuff about how they can grade things improperly and has bad customer service (wouldn't give a refund on a big order, for example).
    I don't really know about their grading - I usually buy the cheapest they have on offer, as I'm just buying it to read.
    But I've gotten from all decades from now back to the seventies - with a lot of Maggin Superman - and all have been in solid readable condition, nothing I was even vaguely worried about falling apart or anything close to that.

The closest I've had to an issue was the time I thought an issue was missing, but it's just it was slightly more costly than the others, so it was packed between two bits of cardboard to itself.
    So would you suggest buying from them? I would only be buying small amounts of issues from them at a time.
    Yup. I'm feeling like their salesman here!

Also note, I'm in Australia, and I think they're worth getting from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Omega View Post
    Super legit.

Part of one of the most respected retail chains in the country.

Very legit.
    According to the letter that comes with in the box with the comics, they were started by a guy selling back issues of FF #1 in'61.
    If they were shonky, I reckon the word would be out.
    Last edited by FunkyGreenJerusalem; 09-13-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    ADVERTISE HERE!

Whoa... I didn't realize the other stuff was old news!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanofthegoblins View Post
    Hi, I just paid $2.85 for a bagged and boarded Spider-man comic book weeks ago. They shipped it out on the 5th of this month, but I haven't recieve it yet. It's September the 13th today, should I worry? 0_0
    That's just over a week... how long did they say it would take to get to you?

Send them an email - if it's gotten lost, as you say, it's only $2.85.
    I reckon they might fix you up with another one.
    ADVERTISE HERE!

I've done business with Mycomicshop for almost 10 years (couple times a year I buy some old back issues) and I've never had a problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    I've done business with Mycomicshop for almost 10 years (couple times a year I buy some old back issues) and I've never had a problem with them.
    Seconded - they're very repsonsive and have great customer service.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    Seconded - they're very repsonsive and have great customer service.
    I'll...third that?

I've been buying from them for the past two years, great experience overall. I've also been selling a LOT of my assorted back issues to them as well, getting hundreds of dollars worth of store credit AND getting rid of comics I no longer want anymore.

The few times I've had issues they resolved them PDQ.

I highly recommend you get the "bag & board all comics" option from them whenever you order. Twice books arrived w/corner dings b/c the packaging wasn't strong enough to protect them.
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...