Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default My Comic Shop legit?

I know this isn't the right place to post this thread, but I didn't know where else to put it. I was just wondering if any of you have bought from them? And if so, are they a trusted website? I've read stuff about how they can grade things improperly and has bad customer service (wouldn't give a refund on a big order, for example). So would you suggest buying from them? I would only be buying small amounts of issues from them at a time.

We had a thread on one of these forums detailing that customers had all sorts of issues with Mycomicshop. Definitely can't recommend it.

really? I've bought from them a few times and never had any real problems. service seemed all right, might of mixed up one of my issues once but seemed pretty good for the most part

BANNED

I say about 98% of my back issues come from them. I don't buy anything less than FN from them because the lesser graded comics do look like they are over graded. I did have one problem with them. Bought a copy of Unity 2000 preview and was given a copy of issue #1 instead. I was informed that I would receive Tue preview at no cost but never received it. I asked about it once after that but never received a reply back. Also received someone else's order (was shipped to my address but the invoice was for a guy from another state). Emailed about thos error and they have me instructions on how to send it back at no charge. Oh yea and here have been a few times when they ship an incorrect volume issue but I found oit that they won't mess this up if you specify which volume you're ordering in the notes section. other than that I recommend them.

They are a legit company, although I'm sure there will be all kinds of opinions on them. I've made 3 purchases from them, and had problems with 2 of the 3 orders. However, they did make things right in both cases, so I have to give them credit there. I still don't know if they're bad or I was just unlucky with the 2 orders (the 2nd one may have been a post office problem).

I've been using them since 2006 for all of my orders and it was only rather recently where I got a comic I shouldn't have. And, I also recived a comic I'm not sure I got charged for or not, but it didn't take away from anything in my order.

So, it just depends on what you do. If you're like me and only sometimes order backissues or you use their preorder service you might get the treatment I have all these years; which I have to rate them at an A+ because I've seriously have not had a major issue with them... so far.

But, if you're "super comic book guy" where you're buying and selling, this-that-and-the-other-ing with the store then I'd imagine there'd be bit more in the way of errors or generally unsatisfactory service.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

BANNED

Hmm.... Even more mixed replies!

The joys of ecommerce!
    David Bowie fan

BANNED

I'd only be buying five issues. Should I risk it? Do you think they'd fix the problem if one occurred?

Bought from them three times and I had no problems, my close friend bought from them over 10 times and she's had no problems. I have had problems with Mile High however

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderCrawler View Post
    I'd only be buying five issues. Should I risk it? Do you think they'd fix the problem if one occurred?
    Go for it I'm sure you wont be disappointed. FYI if your order comes to at least $50 then the shipping is free. If they have some issues that are out of stock after you placed your order and it comes to less than $50 then they will still honor the free shipping.

I always order at least $50 from them and like i said, I've had problems with them but not so big that I was turned away from them.

their grading is iffy on modern stuff. ive ordered VF before and got VG.

also, you sometimes are pleased when you receive issues which are undergraded (this happens sometimes on the older stuff).

I've bought from them probably around 5 times and I never had a problem.
    Rorschach - "I understand there are two kinds of people in this world. Victims... and me."

I've bought from them several times and haven't had a problem at all. I'm looking at maybe making a big order with them soon for a mess of Hellblazer.

Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

I've bought from them several times, and I have no complaints. They always shipped the correct items, they shipped them super fast and they were always nice and protected. Highly recommended.
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!