Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Veitch Corrects "The Big Lie"

Writer/Artist Rick Veitch teams up with Gary Erskine at Image Comics to tell a time-travel epic on 9/11 as told by Uncle Sam in "The Big Lie." CBR News spoke with Veitch about the title.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Writer/Artist Rick Veitch teams up with Gary Erskine at Image Comics to tell a time-travel epic on 9/11 as told by Uncle Sam in "The Big Lie." CBR News spoke with Veitch about the title.

Full article here.
    Wow.....this is really something I could not be less interested in.

I wonder how large a choir Veitch will be able to preach to on a monthly basis.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

@PK: Thanks so much for taking the time to tell the world how little you care about the subject of the article. What are your thoughts on repeatedly slamming your fingers in a drawer? And please phrase your response in the form of repeatedly slamming your fingers in a drawer.

...anyway. When's this thing supposed to ship? I don't see it on this week's list.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    @PK: Thanks so much for taking the time to tell the world how little you care about the subject of the article. What are your thoughts on repeatedly slamming your fingers in a drawer? And please phrase your response in the form of repeatedly slamming your fingers in a drawer.

...anyway. When's this thing supposed to ship? I don't see it on this week's list.
    No problem.

And if you actually read my post, the second half actually addressed concerns regarding how large an audience a project like this could grab.

So far, eight hours, and one poster.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post
    No problem.

And if you actually read my post, the second half actually addressed concerns regarding how large an audience a project like this could grab.

So far, eight hours, and one poster.
    This response was not phrased in the form of repeatedly slamming your fingers in a drawer.

Number of posts means absolutely nothing to the success of a book. The Chew thread is always dead.

Pismo Beach with all the clams I can eat!

I'm might be interested in this, I thought it was a mini tho?
    Herr Mike
    For once, can't the freaking kettle call the pot black? Just once? Pot is always stuck with the accusatory role. Pot is sick of it.

Pot would also like to point out that by being black himself, it doesn't make kettle any less black, and that being black is no longer seen as a bad thing.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Color me interested, too.

Besides, I suppose there's a chance it could make Frank Miller's head explode. Which wouldn't bother me much at all.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 08-18-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

I thought the two pages in the article seemed pretty interesting, I'll probably check this out.

Well, if Rick Veitch is turning out to be a 9/11 Truther, my opinion of him has just gone down the toilet.
    -Exit the LoneWolf

Founder of the Latverian Resistance: "Down with Doom!"

EXTERMINATE! -Any Dalek

Rick Veitch is an amazing talent and his books always manage to entertain, while provoking some interesting debate. I'm very interested in seeing what he produces for this series. It should be a hell of a read.

I wonder if Paul Krugman would call this "cashing in on the shame" - or if that just applies to folks like George W. and Rudy Guiliani?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Walsh View Post
    I wonder if Paul Krugman would call this "cashing in on the shame" - or if that just applies to folks like George W. and Rudy Guiliani?
    I think this comic and something like this are really not equivalent but maybe that's just me.