Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Marvel Slashes Price of "Wolverine and the X-Men" #1

Full article here.

I would have payed 5 dollars for it anyway(just like schism #1 *sigh*) but oh well more incentive to buy I guess.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to interpret this as a price slash. $3.99 is the cost of a typical Marvel comic. That's not much of a slash. That's not even a scratch. It sure would be nice to see $2.99 or even $2.49 just for this issue. I miss those days. I've long since accepted that they're never coming back.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

BANNED

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I find it hard to interpret this as a price slash. $3.99 is the cost of a typical Marvel comic. That's not much of a slash. That's not even a scratch. It sure would be nice to see $2.99 or even $2.49 just for this issue. I miss those days. I've long since accepted that they're never coming back.
    Yea it's rare find 2.99 marvel comics everything new is 3.99 . I'm glad my comics I get from marvel are 2.99

'Slashing' really implies it would be cheaper than a normally priced comic. Not just 'expensive, but less expensive than we originally said.'

Not sure I get the move. Is Marvel that afraid of bad sales for a #1?
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think it has extra pages for a cheaper price. So instead of the typical 20 pages we get a mega sized 32 pager!

the frozen tundra of "not upstate" New York

This isn't the teaser for today, is it?
    X-Boards Have Taste V

XPOTM: May 2010

pff, pryde -- teddy

While I appreciate the change on Marvel's part, I'll still have to pass because this will be a permanent ongoing at $4 for only 20 pages. Bring it down to $3 and I'll be happy to try it out.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Good news :D
    "We can fight all day, Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone- but myself. And it's been a while since I've been able to say that."- Polaris, X-Men #187.

It would not surprise me if this was always slated as 3.99 and some marketing guy said 'announce it as a $5 book, then we can lower it later on and look nice guys!'

I would pay more for extra content. I always by the super-sized issues that cost more. Love when they throw in an old issue like in Legacy w/ the New Mutants issue.

We Crossed The Line Brother Justin Crowe's Avatar

Thank you!
    I rule me.

If Marvel would make Wolv & the X-Men #1 only $1.00, I bet it would be the highest selling #1 issue in over 10 years.

They were probably planning to sell at this price all along. They initially announce the price higher so they can make an extra press release announcing the price has been cut. That gets them extra coverage, and creates the impression people are getting a bargin.