Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Anyway, an update on mine...

Kevin
    Proteus/Kevin McTaggert (Reality Warping, possession, ionic composition)
    Thunderstrike/Kevin Masterson (Thor-lite powers)
    Prime/Kevin Green (Hulk level super strength and durability, flight etc)
    Kevin 11/Kevin Levin (Energy/Matter absorbing powers)
    Brain Cell/Kevin (Telepathy)
    Wither/Kevin Ford (Disintegration powers)
    Morph/Changeling/Kevin Sydney (Shapeshifting, telepathy, levitation)
    Destroyer/Kevin Marlow (Peak human physical strength and condition, skilled fighter and marksmen)
    Ka-Zar/Kevin Plunder (Peak human physical strength, condition, speed, agility and reflexes. Ability to communicate with some animals)
    Mage/Kevin Matchstick (Reincarnation of King Arthur, wields baseball bat version of Excalibur and has superhuman physical abilities)
    OMAC/Kevin Kho (One-Machine Attack Construct, superhuman strength and fighting abilities, can interact with computers and other devices)
    Kevin Grady (Green rays which erase memories)
    Kevin McCallister (Setting traps etc)

Stewart
    John Stewart (Green Lantern powers)
    Katma Tui Stewart (Green Lantern powers)
    Redneck/Vincent Stewart (Flight, armour, projectile weaponary, heat generation etc)
    Wysper/Jennifer Stewart (Armour, jet-boots, sonic weapons)
    Warhawk/Rex Stewart (Enhanced strength, stamina, and speed. Armor with razor-talons, protective liquid-metal plates, flight etc)

Huh so I'm a fiery (Jonathan Storm, FF), transcendant bird (Jonathan Livingston Seagull) which fights evil aliens while snarking (Jonathan "Jack" O'Neil, SG-1). I can live with that.

Oh, and I'm apparently both one of the best rollerball players (Jonathan E, Rollerball), captain a spacecraft (Jonathan Archer, Enterprise), and a space policeman (Jonathan Ingram, Policenauts). And I can send Clarks to their room without any supper (Jonathan Kent, DC comics).
    Last edited by Melchior; 01-24-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    Was the One Above All ever named Jack?

Is that 616?

And what feats did it actually have?
    Are you seriously asking for OAA feats? He's the being that created the Living Tribunal and entire Marvel Multiverse for starters. There are tons of threads involving matches between him and other creator deities.

And yes it's 616. Fantastic 4 #511 according to wiki, they go to the afterlife and eventually find where the OAA spends his me-time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

Veteran Member

Ok then, Daniel McCarthy, so that gives me

The Karate Kid (Danny Larusso)

Iron Fist (Danny Rand)

Daniel Jackson (Stargate)

Daniel Hall (Dream of the Endless)

Danny Ocean (Ocean's Eleven)

Daniel "Oz" Osbourne (Buffy)

Daniel Lyons (The Black Marvel)

Daniel Drumm (Brother Voodoo)

Dwight McCarthy (Sin City)
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Anyway, an update on mine...

Kevin
    You also get Kevin Keene, a.k.a. Captain N, which gets you a laser pistol, superjump, and (the important part) the ability to stop time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Are you seriously asking for OAA feats? He's the being that created the Living Tribunal and entire Marvel Multiverse for starters. There are tons of threads involving matches between him and other creator deities.

And yes it's 616. Fantastic 4 #511 according to wiki, they go to the afterlife and eventually find where the OAA spends his me-time.
    No, I'm not seriously asking for OAA feats (although if I was, why the attitude was required I will never know). I was asking for 'Jack Kirby OAA' feats, because he quite obviously isn't the standard OAA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    You also get Kevin Keene, a.k.a. Captain N, which gets you a laser pistol, superjump, and (the important part) the ability to stop time.
    Nice, that's a cool addition.

So a GL ring, reality warping, Thunderstrike's mace, time stopping... That is pretty high end. Then the standard powers like superstrength, flight, telepathy. Esoteric stuff like Kevin 11s powers.

Decent combo.

No, I'm not seriously asking for OAA feats (although if I was, why the attitude was required I will never know). I was asking for 'Jack Kirby OAA' feats, because he quite obviously isn't the standard OAA.
    I didn't know that we limited shapeshifting creator deities to feats shown in their individual forms, as there is no standard OAA. I haven't read the issue in question, so I can't give ya anything for the OAA when he's literally relaxing at home, but from the pictures I've seen he fixed damage to Reed with a pencil, and bamfed them back home from wherever they are in the afterlife.
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

Going to add a few more...

Thomas

Neo (Flight, reality warping, superhuman strength, telekinesis, clairvoyance)

Speed (Supersonic speed, molecular destabilization)

Lord Voldemort (Magic, energy attacks, teleportation, mind control, flight)

Black Tom Cassidy (Healing factor, plant manipulation)

Hush (Peak human condition, expert marksman, brilliant strategist)

Mysterium (Sorcerer Supreme, sentient singularity, energy and matter absorption)

Toro (Fire Generation and manipulation)

Tommy Oliver (Power Ranger)
    "I am her ending. But she, and I, and him, and them... we... matter. We lose, we love. And in so doing... we become."
    -Illyria

Joseph

Soo all I can think of is Magneto's clone and Judge Dredd

BANNED

I didn't know that we limited shapeshifting creator deities to feats shown in their individual forms, as there is no standard OAA. I haven't read the issue in question, so I can't give ya anything for the OAA when he's literally relaxing at home, but from the pictures I've seen he fixed damage to Reed with a pencil, and bamfed them back home from wherever they are in the afterlife.
    So it's not 'Jack Kirby', it's 'The One Above All' having shapeshifted to look like him on one occasion.

Gotcha.

So it's not 'Jack Kirby', it's 'The One Above All' having shapeshifted to look like him on one occasion.

Gotcha.
    If you assume he was randomly shapeshifted while at home and not trying to impress anyone/do anything, that would be correct. I don't think that's so, as he took a phone call as Jack and was drawing.

Otherwise we have to wonder why the OAA is doing Jack's work and answering his phone while at home on his off time.

BANNED

If you assume he was randomly shapeshifted while at home and not trying to impress anyone/do anything, that would be correct. I don't think that's so, as he took a phone call as Jack and was drawing.

Otherwise we have to wonder why the OAA is doing Jack's work and answering his phone while at home on his off time.
    What you have to actually wonder is why he's never ever referred to as "Jack", even whilst looking like Jack Kirby. Or why, in 99.9% of his appearances, he hasn't looked like Jack Kirby.

This being the famous scene where, to show Peter who he really is, a glimpse of his true form shows a glorious, glowing individual.

Essentially, the One Above All is called "The One Above All", not "Jack", I'm afraid...

Although if he was just a guy with a pencil, it wouldn't actually be impressive anyway. Using a pencil to draw things is not really... "powerful"...
    Last edited by KJ Stewart; 01-25-2013 at 07:26 AM.

What you have to actually wonder is why he's never ever referred to as "Jack", even whilst looking like Jack Kirby. Or why, in 99.9% of his appearances, he hasn't looked like Jack Kirby.

This being the famous scene where, to show Peter who he really is, a glimpse of his true form shows a glorious, glowing individual.

Essentially, the One Above All is called "The One Above All", not "Jack", I'm afraid...

Although if he was just a guy with a pencil, it wouldn't actually be impressive anyway. Using a pencil to draw things is not really... "powerful"...
    Firstly, that picture has the form he's in start to glow in order to impress someone, the fact that the chin doesn't change is telling. Nothing says that it's his 'true form' and he's obviously showing off.

Secondly, Jack Kennedy can be referred to as JFK or Mr. President and never as Jack in whatever situation, and it doesn't change who he is. Insisting that someone be referred to by name seems a bit excessive to me when it's obvious who it is meant to be.

Third, Occam's Razor: The OAA becomes Jack during his off time just to take a call and draw for a real-world old guy for no reason VS while at home he just becomes who he is when he's not explicitly trying to impress and has no reason to change his form/do anything other than relax.

Lastly, The fact that Bugs Bunny can become the animator isn't an example of how weak he is. Nor does it invalidate everything else the OAA has done if he's just a Jack with a pencil to us since we're talking about the Fiction.

Meh, this is just one of those silly threads, so I don't see why I'm taking this so seriously. Feel free to make your rules as you like, and I'll make more amusing observations in various other threads as is my custom.

BANNED

Firstly, that picture has the form he's in start to glow in order to impress someone, the fact that the chin doesn't change is telling. Nothing says that it's his 'true form' and he's obviously showing off.

Secondly, Jack Kennedy can be referred to as JFK or Mr. President and never as Jack in whatever situation, and it doesn't change who he is. Insisting that someone be referred to by name seems a bit excessive to me when it's obvious who it is meant to be.

Third, Occam's Razor: The OAA becomes Jack during his off time just to take a call and draw for a real-world old guy for no reason VS while at home he just becomes who he is when he's not explicitly trying to impress and has no reason to change his form/do anything other than relax.

Lastly, The fact that Bugs Bunny can become the animator isn't an example of how weak he is. Nor does it invalidate everything else the OAA has done if he's just a Jack with a pencil to us since we're talking about the Fiction.

Meh, this is just one of those silly threads, so I don't see why I'm taking this so seriously. Feel free to make your rules as you like, and I'll make more amusing observations in various other threads as is my custom.
    The fact that you think the One Above All is called "Jack" is a pretty amusing observation, to be honest, so you've kind of succeeded with that here. The fact it'd have a name at all is nothing short of hilarious too.

Also amusing is the fact that you think the One Above All wants to impress people. He doesn't say "look what I can do!" He basically says "this is who I actually am".

Hell, I'm not sure how familiar you are with the scene, but having just read it in full, Sue is surprised that she is taller than God. He replies that the way people see him is simply their interpretation of what he is to them, kinda like Galactus. So he has no defined appearance - people see him as they wish him to be presented. The Fantastic Four, or specifically Sue, wanted a polite elderly man presented as an artistic creator. So that kills the idea right there.

He's not called Jack, because the notion is madness, and Jacks don't get OAA's powers for the purpose of this thread. Especially given that he's even specifically referred to as "God" in the very (one-off) scene that you present.