Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thanks, guys! Seems a lot of folks are taking a liking to Lara. She's a fun character to draw. She'll be back in a big way for next issue.
    Joe Eisma-Morning Glories Artist
    Supajoe.com Devart Twitter

Just read the issue through again. Some spoilery things jumped out:

spoilers:
    On second read it really looked like a portal that Hodge walks through to ultimately get into the school. So now I'm not thinking the school is underground as much as there is a portal (which obviously generates significant radiation) that transports someone to the school. Daramount and Hodge being sisters and daughters to the headmaster is implied and daddy doesn't seem too cool with how he handles discipline.
    end of spoilers

Hodge is really a great new character. Her character design is really cool - the hair somehow seems to capture her personality. Favorite line in the book - "I'm your guidance counselor b%^ch". I also really noticed how good the facial expressions were - emotions were really captured well.
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

Hey Joe, will there be any special cover for the next issue at NYCC?
    "ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY COMICBOOK!"" - Joe "Jailbreak" Casey

Pulls: Officially became too long to post...

Got #12 today. A Mighty fine read. Over shadowed most of the books I got today except for Maybe Animal Man. But seriously, another great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Got #12 today. A Mighty fine read. Over shadowed most of the books I got today except for Maybe Animal Man. But seriously, another great issue.
    Glad to hear it! I hear you on Animal Man--probably my favorite of the DCnU books so far.

3-Vee--unfortunately, no. I wish we had done something for the show, though!

Ugdave--Thank you! I'm glad you're taking a liking to Lara. Her expressions in 12 were a lot of fun to draw.

Oh, and hey trade-waiters--the vol. 2 trade is out next week! 168 pages for $12.99.

I am new to all of this. I see in the sept previews that there is a oversized hardcover reprinting issues #2, plus sketches and stuff.

So whats this book all about?

I was going to get it because it has schoolgirls in plaid skirts doing stuff. I like me some schoolgirl action!

Any upskirts in this book?

C-mon, there has to be, it has sckool girlz damn it!
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Maidman View Post
    I am new to all of this. I see in the sept previews that there is a oversized hardcover reprinting issues #2, plus sketches and stuff.

I was going to get it because it has schoolgirls in plaid skirts doing stuff. I like me some schoolgirl action!

haha--no upskirts. They're 16!

If this was Europe or Holland, that's not a problem!
    Last edited by Maidman; 09-19-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: I'm awesome!
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Maidman View Post

It's not really a cheesecake book at all - for that you probably want something more like Hack/Slash or Bomb Queen. This is more of a mystery like X-Files or Lost that happens to feature young adults, but they're not really sexualized like a typical upskirt book would have them be.
    PULL: Chew, Walking Dead, Saga, Batman, Lil' Gotham, Bedlam, Hellboy in Hell, Jupiter's Legacy, East of West, The Wake, Sex, Trillium, Miracleman, Sandman Overture, Rocket Girl, Sex Criminals

Quote Originally Posted by ugdave View Post
    It's not really a cheesecake book at all - for that you probably want something more like Hack/Slash or Bomb Queen. This is more of a mystery like X-Files or Lost that happens to feature young adults, but they're not really sexualized like a typical upskirt book would have them be.
    Well, Ike is quite pervy. We cant forget that bit with the girls walking out of his room, with their shirts all wrinkled and what not. Though, it isn't a sexually driven book, he seems like a sexually driven character. Granted I'm talking about something different than hentaiesque novels.
    "ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY COMICBOOK!"" - Joe "Jailbreak" Casey

Pulls: Officially became too long to post...

Yeah, there's not much cheesecake in this book.

Yeah--there are other publishers out there that do cheesecake and have that market pretty well cornered. The girls in our book can be sexy without being overly pervy about it, I think.

Though, as Nick knows, I have been known to get some pretty...colorful commission requests. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Supajoe View Post
    Yeah--there are other publishers out there that do cheesecake and have that market pretty well cornered. The girls in our book can be sexy without being overly pervy about it, I think.

Though, as Nick knows, I have been known to get some pretty...colorful commission requests. :)
    That's actually pretty hilarious. I never really thought about people approaching artists directly to ask them to make more provocative pictures of their creations. How do you handle that Joe? Does it irk you or make you laugh and how do you respond to people like that?

Having thoroughly enjoyed the first volume as I said before, I grabbed the second one (fresh on the shelf!) at my local Forbidden Planet today, having originally gone to just get the new Wonder Woman.

And I have to say, I think you guys broke my mind, put it back together, and then broke it again for fun, but that was one of the more enjoyable reading experiences that I've had in a long while. Definitely understanding why people reference the Prisoner when talking about it.