Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Sweet View Post
    I just dropped the 2 image books I was reading because they dropped so far behind schedule, then I hear of new Doctor Doom book coming out...

I picked up the newest issue of morning glories since its the last of the arc I'll probably wait and grab the next 3rd arc in trade if it comes out :(.
    What I can tell you is #12 is already at the printers, and that there will be no delays in the third arc, so stick around. I'm all for reading in trade, but I personally think this book is best to experience in singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Mr. Spencer, obviously I have dozens of questions, but none I want answered so soon. Anticipating finding out is part of the fun!
    But one question I think you can answer without spoiling anything is: Why did you choose that Yeasayer song for Hunter to sing? I only ask because it's one of my favourite songs of the last few years.
    Thanks!
    (and thanks for the awesome Cloak & Dagger comic too!)
    Thanks, glad you dug it, Emma & I are blown away by the response to that book.

As for using 'Ambling Alp,' I just thought it was the perfect song for Hunter, and that was a perfect moment to use it. To have an upbeat, feel-good song that also foreshadowed the 'bullying' scene so well was kind of a god-send. I think Hunter is the Glory with the best iPod, though I'd imagine Ike's would come in a close second.

Jade's would be HORRIBLE.

P.S. While we're on the subject of music, I regularly send out Spotify playlists for my books, and I'll be dropping one for 'MORNING GLORIES - P.E.' (our third arc), just after 012 comes out on the Twitter. And Joe just did one for 011, too.
    Last edited by Nick Spencer; 08-15-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Hey Nick, congratulations on Morning Glories' 1st year anniversary. I remember it was around this time last year I started to become an avid reader of comic books and Morning Glories certainly had its part to play in that. (As well as Forgetless for that matter.)

I have missed the last few issues of Morning Glories partly due to the fact I live so far away from a comic book store and was wondering if a second TPB was going to be coming out soon?

Does Hunter hate Funky Winkerbean as much as I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Lemon View Post
    Hey Nick, congratulations on Morning Glories' 1st year anniversary. I remember it was around this time last year I started to become an avid reader of comic books and Morning Glories certainly had its part to play in that. (As well as Forgetless for that matter.)

I have missed the last few issues of Morning Glories partly due to the fact I live so far away from a comic book store and was wondering if a second TPB was going to be coming out soon?
    Mid-to-late September, should have a final date soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Does Hunter hate Funky Winkerbean as much as I do?
    You'd certainly be safe in assuming so.

Hey Nick, just wanted to say that I've been enjoying the book since the first issue came out and to keep up the good work. Any chance that Rodin Esquejo will ever do interiors of an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Spencer View Post
    Mid-to-late September, should have a final date soon.
    Good to know, I look forward to it.
    Last edited by Plastic Lemon; 08-17-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

You'd certainly be safe in assuming so.
    Oh, thank god. Thought I'd have to drop the book.

Anywho, picked up MG #11, Cloak and Dagger #1, and finally caught up with Ultimate Fallout. A lot of Spencer to take in but it was all awesome. Loved MG as usual, and Ultimate Fallout has me psyched for your X-Men book but today it was Cloak and Dagger that has me in awe. I loved every page of it, amazing really.

Thanks, glad you dug it, Emma & I are blown away by the response to that book.

As for using 'Ambling Alp,' I just thought it was the perfect song for Hunter, and that was a perfect moment to use it. To have an upbeat, feel-good song that also foreshadowed the 'bullying' scene so well was kind of a god-send. I think Hunter is the Glory with the best iPod, though I'd imagine Ike's would come in a close second.

Jade's would be HORRIBLE.

P.S. While we're on the subject of music, I regularly send out Spotify playlists for my books, and I'll be dropping one for 'MORNING GLORIES - P.E.' (our third arc), just after 012 comes out on the Twitter. And Joe just did one for 011, too.
    Awesome!
    (have no idea how to use Spotify or Twitter)
    That's such a cool idea.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

I was recently sold on this book after some friends ranted and raved during Baltimore Comic-Con. (We ran into you, Nick at Five Guys afterwards haha)

Poor hacked Diamond Lil. Nevets F's Avatar

I'm a big fan of this book. Great writing and great interior and cover art as well.

Nothing else to add really, just wanted to say that. :)
    Read about the greatest series ever, Alpha Flight...from the beginning!

hey nick!

Is that Morning Glories Academy Year Book still coming out?

I read about it way back and haven't been able to find any information on it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven F. View Post
    I'm a big fan of this book. Great writing and great interior and cover art as well.

Nothing else to add really, just wanted to say that. :)
    Thanks a lot! :)
    Joe Eisma-Morning Glories Artist
    Supajoe.com Devart Twitter

I love this book! My favorite issue so far has been #6, I love Julie, please tell me we get to see her again soon.