Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Official MORNING GLORIES Thread (With Nick & Joe)

Been meaning to do this for a while-- with MORNING GLORY DAYS up and running over here, it occurred to me it might be nice to get a thread going for the book. I'll do my best to stop by and regularly answer any questions you might have and I'm sure Joe will do the same (maybe we can throw some of them into the column, as well). And in general, would just love to hear what you think of the book, good and bad, as we move forward.

Layman was telling me in San Diego we need to get a little more community going, so here it is!

Great idea! I'm sure everyone has their own theories and questions they'd like to post, and we'll do our best to answer them all (within reason!). I'm also curious if anyone's picking up on any easter eggs I've been putting in (the MGA Study Hall hasn't found ALL of them!).
    Joe Eisma-Morning Glories Artist
    Supajoe.com Devart Twitter

I like the series but I read so many comics between two instalments that I tend to forget the characters. They all dress the same and are of the same age of course, which doesn't help. So an introductory page with their face and background would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    I like the series but I read so many comics between two instalments that I tend to forget the characters. They all dress the same and are of the same age of course, which doesn't help. So an introductory page with their face and background would be helpful.
    Interesting. I think maybe a shot of them with their names on the inner cover might be possible, but I think a full on intro page might eat into our page count for the issues. We could look into that for the trades, though.
    Joe Eisma-Morning Glories Artist
    Supajoe.com Devart Twitter

Yay!

*Belongs*

I've never had any trouble telling the Glories apart, but then again, I re-read the whole series every couple of months or so to see if I can pick up on anything new.

Mr. Spencer I was wondering if just for Lolz you'll ever have Hunter reference your own work? Or would that be a little ... meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    Yeah, we get this a lot, sort of a casualty of the big cast. We're looking into getting their head shots and names into the inside front cover, hopefully that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Mr. Spencer I was wondering if just for Lolz you'll ever have Hunter reference your own work? Or would that be a little ... meta?
    Ha, that'd be pretty ballsy of me. Maybe he could really hate my stuff.

But then, we've actually sort of already established this, in the original teasers for the book-- Hunter is reading a copy of FORGETLESS. Not my idea, Rodin's. :)

Ah, Jeez never noticed that before.

He's probably thinking "What is this crap?" Lol.

I need to pick that book up actually.

In issue 9, I got really confused with the who's who, so could anyone really help clear it up for me. So Jun (not a glory) was the first born at 23:29 5/4 and Hisao (the glory) was born 23:59 5/4, correct? Why does the thirty minutes make a difference?

BANNED

It's comics like these that make me regret taking the trade waiting route. The first volume was awesome. I need that second one fast.

I just dropped the 2 image books I was reading because they dropped so far behind schedule, then I hear of new Doctor Doom book coming out...

I picked up the newest issue of morning glories since its the last of the arc I'll probably wait and grab the next 3rd arc in trade if it comes out :(.
    Pull List - Sweet Tooth, Punk Rock Jesus, Revival, Justice League Dark.
    Trade Waiting - American Vampire, Walking Dead, Morning Glories.

Quote Originally Posted by gabejer81 View Post
    In issue 9, I got really confused with the who's who, so could anyone really help clear it up for me. So Jun (not a glory) was the first born at 23:29 5/4 and Hisao (the glory) was born 23:59 5/4, correct? Why does the thirty minutes make a difference?
    I thought the extra 30 min took Hisao over the midnight mark, and thus he was born on the same day that the other Glories were, and hence he's the 'special' one of the twins.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

Mr. Spencer, obviously I have dozens of questions, but none I want answered so soon. Anticipating finding out is part of the fun!
    But one question I think you can answer without spoiling anything is: Why did you choose that Yeasayer song for Hunter to sing? I only ask because it's one of my favourite songs of the last few years.
    Thanks!
    (and thanks for the awesome Cloak & Dagger comic too!)
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."