Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE BAT SIGNAL: Miller Says Goodbye To "Batgirl"

Bryan Q. Miller spoke with THE BAT SIGNAL, reflecting on his run as the writer of "Batgirl" and discussing the end of Stephanie Brown's tenure as the female Caped Crusader.

Full article here.

Thanks to Miller, Steph is my all-time favorite Batgirl. Both she and Bryan will be missed greatly.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    Thanks to Miller, Steph is my all-time favorite Batgirl. Both she and Bryan will be missed greatly.
    Yep and yep.

I totally agree. I'm going to miss Stephanie Brown.

Good preview. What's in the globe!?

So, so happy that Miller is workign with DC at some point after the book wraps up.

Because, yeah, the work he did here was great, and he made me care about Steph as Batgirl...but I had no interest in the character, no innate interest in the world or the set up. I can only imagine how awesome he would be on a character I had even an inkling of excitement about.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Already Missing Steph JadeCanary's Avatar

I'm going to cry. :( I miss this book already. Mr. Miller, thank you for giving us two years of utter awesome. Stephanie will always be my Batgirl.

BQM: "Oh yeah, absolutely. I think I had probably planned out for the current arc to end at issue #29 or issue #30, so I had to find a magical way to take what would have been 120 pages worth of story and find ways to tell it in just forty."

Wow. The ability to condense a story by 2/3 and still make it great is a remarkable yet rare talent. I wish BQM the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Since it won't be explored soon, or perhaps ever*, Clancy/Grey Ghost's death is going to bug me. I'm fine with nameless citizens, cops, crooks etc. dying by the thousands, but anyone with a name should only die for some [story] purpose.

That said, it is a minor thing, and Miller's Batgirl is in large part responsible for getting me to care about specific comics.**

*Yes it may be mentioned in #24, but I can't see it getting too much attention with everything else going on.

**As opposed to having a general sense of what might be going on, being somewhat immersed in general internet nerd culture.

I loved BQ Miller's BatGirl, for two years it was a fun and pure joy to read, I'm definitely sad to see it go. Steph will forever be my favorite BatGirl
    Stormwatch - A New Era has begun
    Stormwatch on FaceBook

Thank you for this book Mr Miller. I'm going to miss it :(

Erm, nevermind.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Good preview. What's in the globe!?
    Well, since it seems like it's going to bring up a lot about Stephanie's past, maybe the location of her daughter?

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Yes, yes and yes! I can't really say what any of them are right now, but there is definitely something that is not a part of the new 52 with DC, which will hopefully be announced soonish, and I'm definitely working on some things in other media. So there's more to come, just not right away.
    Im very glad to hear this. This guy got me to continuously read a book where Stephanie Brown was the star, and even got me to like her. All which i seriously didn't see happening. Glad it did though.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-09-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Well, since it seems like it's going to bring up a lot about Stephanie's past, maybe the location of her daughter?
    Whoa. Now wouldn't that be cool?