Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I originally had a huge post for you but instead enjoy this puppy!

And true love is born!

Brevoort: Obviously you need to do a certain amount of research to make sure you're getting things right. That having been said, just as not every blond haired, blue eyed, white character comes from the same place and the same life experiences, so too is that true for every character of every shade or ethnicity or religious background. You want to speak to the universality of the demographic as a whole, but not to the point where you're doing a caricature. Miles Morales will be an individual person in the same way that Peter Parker was an individual person. You wouldn't confuse Peter Parker with Steve Rogers, although there are things that they have in common. The same is true for Tony Stark and Bruce Banner and Reed Richards. Pick your character. They're all unique on a certain level, but they're still all white guys.
    I'm often very critical of Marvel and their employees whenever they do or say something very stupid. However, when they do something right or say something smart and right (like in the quote from Brevoort I posted), I have to give them major props. This is one of those times. So to Brevoort I have to say quoted for the ever lovin bashful blue eyed idle of millions truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris200 View Post
    Wow the art looks nice!
    I agree. That is some damn good art.

Quote Originally Posted by Tys View Post
    Insted, for example, make a new comic, call it Spider-Man 21th Century or something. You would get the same "Spider-Man is a black and spanic kid now" kinda news you got with this pathetic move.
    Then you would just have people ignoring it saying they'd rather read the Parker Spider-Man

Great article, (the art looks great,Sara rocks) I'm really looking forward to this.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    No there this really elite school in NYC. That does a raffles where u get a number and if your number gets selected u get into the school.
    Thanks, I thought it bingo!! A very popular game of bingo, and obviously a very intense game, judging by his mother's reaction .
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

I really honestly thought I was done with Marvel after August, but then they pull something like this that grabs me back. This preview and interview is already making this look like my favorite book...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I originally had a huge post for you but instead enjoy this puppy!

Haha. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    Thanks, I thought it bingo!!
    I thought I was the only one who thought it was high-stakes Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    Okay. Not cancelled maybe. But I give the replacement character a year and half tops before they bring Peter back. But if they don't bring Peter back, yeah, it'll be cancelled.
    This is a serious case of FID (Fanboys In Denial)

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Runaways would fail faster anyway. I don't see her going there. But I could be biased Alex and Gert were my favorite characters.
    Runaways was already cancelled. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    I don't care. I just hope Replacement Ultimate Spider-man fails.
    Why? Book looks solid to me so far and at least will have amazing art. I'm just trying to view it as a new begining. I realize that people are upset over Peter and I am too. But in a world in which comic characters have beginnings, middles and endings, more like a novel instead of lasting forever like in marvel 616, I'd say Pete's story is complete. No real complaints. If he has to have an ending, then they did right by him. This isn't 616, his story wasn't meant to last forever. If that was the case then I'd rather see his story end this way instead just getting canceled down the road. His story is complete and I'm glad I was on board for the ride. Now I'm looking forward to someone else taking the mantle of the fallen hero. It's an exciting premise and fantastic art just makes it look that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl View Post
    I really honestly thought I was done with Marvel after August, but then they pull something like this that grabs me back. This preview and interview is already making this look like my favorite book...
    Yeah can't wait to see regular monthly work by her, I was always let down that she had to share art duties with LaFuente to be honest. So happy she's the new regular artist.

I had no clue that Sara Pichelli's boyfriend was David Messina. He's done some great work on IDW's "Star Trek" comics. Very cool.

Also, I don't understand why some people are wishing for the new ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN to fail. If there's a book I don't care about I just don't read it. Wishing for it to fail is just mean-spirited, really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    Also, I don't understand why some people are wishing for the new ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN to fail. If there's a book I don't care about I just don't read it. Wishing for it to fail is just mean-spirited, really.
    They're either embittered fan boys or racists.

Not sure which is more pathetic.

(FTR, I won't be reading this. Not because of Miles, but because I just don't like Bendis's writing. But I hope the book is very successful for my friend who runs a comic store and enjoyable for the folks who will be reading it).
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post

(FTR, I won't be reading this. Not because of Miles, but because I just don't like Bendis's writing. But I hope the book is very successful for my friend who runs a comic store and enjoyable for the folks who will be reading it).
    Have you read some of Ultimate Spider-Man? Because Bendis on Ultimate Spider-Man is very different than Bendis on the Avengers. USM is his best work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    Wishing for it to fail is just mean-spirited, really.
    I know, right? What difference does it make to them if they're not going to read it? People like that assume that their opinion is the correct one and that the world revolves around them. If they don't like it then no one else should either.

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post

See, that's the right way to do it. Why can't more non-Ultimate fans be like you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Have you read some of Ultimate Spider-Man? Because Bendis on Ultimate Spider-Man is very different than Bendis on the Avengers. USM is his best work.
    Very true. I love his writing, just like I love Kirkman's, Hickman's and Spencers'. With their names on books you are almost certainly guaranteed an enjoyable read.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    +1.

When I first read that the new Ult Spidey comic was going to have someone other than Peter under the mask, I was a little worried, because Ult Spidey always seems like Bendis's most personal work to me. The book that he put the most of himself into. My fear was with someone other than Peter as the main character, then Bendis's writing would suffer.

From reading one of his interviews though, he seems to have the same level of enthusiasm for Miles as he did for Peter, so I'm looking forward to it.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .