Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Stable Antimatter Reactor Ikonic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Did anyone else catch the possible Jackie Robinson reference? For those of you that don't know, he was the first black player in Major League Baseball, and he wore #42 (the only number retired by the entire league). It might not be part of the story, but I think that was a nod from this story to Robinson's legacy. And if it was on purpose, it's a very cool easter egg.
    Oooh, nice find!

Pichelli rocks! The art looks phenomenal. The way she depicts those scenes it would be better if there weren't any lettering. She does a great job of telling the story and you can feel the emotion in it. I've really never been so excited and proud to read a comic before!

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

I'm really liking the way Miles' story is sounding.

I doubt I'm ever going to see him as "the Ultimate Spider-man though." I don't think he'll get to 160 issues like Peter did. And not cause his book will be canceled, I just think the Ultimate U line will end before then.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

is she the same artist that did fill-ins for Lafuente during the last run? Because i thought that Artist had a very similar in style to him (and left me very un-excited for this): this looks like a cross between Immonen and Coipel and Awesomesauce...

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    is she the same artist that did fill-ins for Lafuente during the last run? Because i thought that Artist had a very similar in style to him (and left me very un-excited for this): this looks like a cross between Immonen and Coipel and Awesomesauce...
    Yeah she did half-sies with Lafuente there for a bit... Not sure what you mean about her style being like his though. They're art looks nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    You're probably thinking of Takeshi Miyazawa.
    But Sara did fill-ins and co-worked the book with Lafuente later on.

Junior Member UltimateMarvel_Fan501's Avatar

This looks awesome. I love what they're doing with this story. I can't believe Miles is 12! I thought he'd at least be 14.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateMarvel_Fan501 View Post
    This looks awesome. I love what they're doing with this story. I can't believe Miles is 12! I thought he'd at least be 14.
    Bendis said he is 13.

Tom Brevoort wrote :
    I hear the people that are upset. I empathize with them to the degree that I can, but I can't say that I'd do it any differently. There's no advantage to having a great story and an interesting take on this character and not telling as many people as we can about it.
    Am I the only one who interpreted this as : There's no advantage to having a great story and an interesting take on this character and only sharing it with the core audience that stuck with us for the past 20 years. ?

Marvel made the comic book Spidey put the black suit back on to coincide with Spider-Man 3, even though it made absolutely no storyline sense for him to keep traumatizing May and MJ with it. They brought back Captain America in time for his own movie, and killed off the character the actor formerly played on screen (Human Torch). They saw how well the Civil War Spidey costume did, and went to that well several more times since.

How many more comic book readers are there today as a result of all these shenanigans?

Maybe the prices are just too high. Maybe they simply aren't being sold in places where people can see them.

Maybe comic book writers SHOULDN'T be making a fortune, and comic book companies should concentrate on getting comics back where people can see them -- instead of trying to score mainstream media interviews.

Yes, it's cool to be interviewed by USA Today. Yes, it's cool to appear on Colbert. Yes, all of these things a very cool and I'm happy for the elite who get chosen to participate in them. Quite a feather added to their cap.

But what has all of that ever brought to the bottom line that Marvel continuously quotes as the singular motive for all of it?

What if Marvel just likes seeing its name, and the names of its workers, in mainstream media? And they're doing whatever needs to be done to the toys in the sandbox to make it happen?

There was a small surge the first few years of Ultimate Spider-Man and New Avengers, which was magnificently capped off with Civil War. These 3 things were Marvel at its peak, at least since the early 90's.

Since then... it's feeling a lot like the mid/late 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
    You're probably thinking of Takeshi Miyazawa.
    But Sara did fill-ins and co-worked the book with Lafuente later on.
    maybe that's it ~ I couldn't handle Lafuente's Spider-Man, and remembered seeing some fill in that wasn't that far off (Still had big-headed Spidey).

This stuff is fantastic. I'd predict Sarah P. will be a superstar in a year or 2.

============ Just say "NO!" to $4 books. ============

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jyeager11 View Post
    Tom Brevoort wrote :

Am I the only one who interpreted this as : There's no advantage to having a great story and an interesting take on this character and only sharing it with the core audience that stuck with us for the past 20 years. ?
    I hope so, because that's clearly not what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Believe it or not, this re-assures me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Glad you could make a bit of sense from what he said. I still can't.

Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Hmm gosh darn it.
    I remember reading about that school in NYC and 60 minutes has done segments on it, What is called again?

Your thinking about Harlem Childerns Zone from the doc Waiting for Superman

Pichelli's art work is frickin amazing! Love that theres an Alist female talent in the game and she seems to have a great personallity too.
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by GalactaSurfer View Post
    Your thinking about Harlem Childerns Zone from the doc Waiting for Superman

Pichelli's art work is frickin amazing! Love that theres an Alist female talent in the game and she seems to have a great personallity too.
    I hope that her star continues to rise.

I love her art. I hope that after this book is cancelled that they put her on a Runaways revival.