Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Cup O' Joe - Aug 8, 2011

The artist behind the new Ultimate Spider-Man, Sara Pichelli, joins Marvel Comics' Tom Brevoort to talk race, the press and the future with an [em]exclusive[/em] first look at "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" #1.

Full article here.

Wow the art looks nice!

Elder Member

There was so much in this interview that made me happy.
    Last edited by wyokid; 08-08-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Well I think it's safe to say that his father isn't Ben Reilly

I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Why merge? It's a different article.

- Sara Pichelli as an artist is showing the world differently, the body language with Miles Morales is different from Peter Parker and Pichelli's goal is to make the comic naturally feel different.
    - Pichelli: Miles is a sweetheart! I'm learning more about Miles with every script I get from Brian. All I can say so far is that Miles is younger than Peter. While the wise Peter already knew the right thing to do in certain situations, Miles has to go an extra step to reach the same results. He has to learn what his best options are and then try his best to achieve them. He comes from a deeply different background, which made him an introvert. Probably in the beginning, everyone will see him as a kid, but Miles knows that he isn’t just that anymore, and he's going to prove it to himself and to the world. But that’s all I can really say about him for now.
    - Pichelli: I’m really excited to see how Miles will interact with the Ultimate superhero community. Peter Parker was considered just a kid from his "colleagues," so imagine what could happen to someone as inexperienced as Miles! I can't wait to see how Miles will make his way through the Ultimate universe, and how he will grow as a person and as a superhero.
    Bring it on. :)

love all of this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Why merge? It's a different article.
    Without looking at the article I thought it was the August 5th Cup O' Joe
    Last edited by Chaos_Alfa; 08-08-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Looks great. I love hearing from Sara about the book's future; it's always nice when the artists get to speak up. It would be nice to see some action shots, but the scenes shown look really good.

Did anyone else catch the possible Jackie Robinson reference? For those of you that don't know, he was the first black player in Major League Baseball, and he wore #42 (the only number retired by the entire league). It might not be part of the story, but I think that was a nod from this story to Robinson's legacy. And if it was on purpose, it's a very cool easter egg.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Alfa View Post
    Without looking at the article I thought it was the last August 5th Cup O' Joe
    No worries I thought that at first too. I'm glad I clicked it though, cause we got a nice preview of Miles!

BANNED

Hmm gosh darn it.
    I remember reading about that school in NYC and 60 minutes has done segments on it, What is called again?

I loved the art we got to say and liked Sara's comments. She seemed really excited for this. I still don't know if I will be able to connect with a 13 year old on any level though
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Looks great. I love hearing from Sara about the book's future; it's always nice when the artists get to speak up. It would be nice to see some action shots, but the scenes shown look really good.

Did anyone else catch the possible Jackie Robinson reference? For those of you that don't know, he was the first black player in Major League Baseball, and he wore #42 (the only number retired by the entire league). It might not be part of the story, but I think that was a nod from this story to Robinson's legacy. And if it was on purpose, it's a very cool easter egg.
    Hey great catch!

About the preview: Can anyone understand what's going on? They are doing a raffle of some kind. Maybe it's to see who goes to live with May Parker next

BANNED

Hey great catch!

About the preview: Can anyone understand what's going on? They are doing a raffle of some kind. Maybe it's to see who goes to live with May Parker next
    No there this really elite school in NYC. That does a raffles where u get a number and if your number gets selected u get into the school.

About the preview: Can anyone understand what's going on?
    Basicly random people are selected to get a health care package in Brooklyn, because the place is still suffering from all the damage Ultimatum caused.