Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Deleting . . .
    Last edited by JeremyRay; 06-08-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Deleting . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyRay View Post
    Nick Perumov is a good example of another point against copyright I've been trying to make for a while - copyright is theft from young creators. It's damn near impossible for a young person to step up with enough game and resources to take market share from an existing property, a property being pushed by a corporation with an advertising budget and lawyers on retainer. Young creators need to be able to do like Nick Perumov did - make an extension of an existing work people know about and are looking for. They need to be able to use it commercially, like Nick Perumov.

There are at least three different franchises I'd like to work with. I want to work with Tenchi Muyo. I put up a Tenchi illustration on Deviant Art and for a long, long time it was the most viewed work I had up there. I had ten or twenty views for my original illustrations and hundreds for the Tenchi illustration. But I can't invest years of illustration time into a project I have no chance of profitting from. The Paris Hiltons and Tagg Romneys of the world might be able to, but I didn't come into this world with a trust fund attached.

A few days ago I read that America can't replace it's population, even with millions of illegal Mexican immigrants pouring over the border. This is what happens when you have a value system that says "you don't get squat unless you earn it yourself (or have rich parents to give it to you)!" Well that's great, it makes a nice simple soundbite, but allow me to introduce the human lifecycle. When you get older, your genes break, and there's an increased risk of having an autistic child (autism is rising in the U.S.). Women go through menopause. IIRC female reproductivity starts dropping at 26. Not every field is one where you're going to leap in at 17 or 18 and be able to support a family. Basically there's construction - I see plenty of people who used to work construction who are now on disability. Who's supporting them? The intellectual workers who didn't get financially stable until they were in their thirties? Think about it, if you're a woman and you want a Ph.D, you probably won't get the Ph.D until after you're past your reproductive peak. Let alone get a job, get all the debt paid off, get financially secure.

I was raised with the idea that you shouldn't have kids if you can't support them. Guess who's looking for their grandkids now?

Young people should be paid to learn. Don't old people expect to get a paycheck from young people (Social Security)? Now the old people are wondering how they're going to get their paycheck when the population isn't replacing itself. It can't replace itself when you can't afford to have kids until you're old. The right time to have kids actually is when you're young. Of course it would be great to have them when you're old and wise, but the body doesn't work that way. You don't wait till 60 and have 5 kids. Young people should be paid to learn (learning is earning), so they can with security have children at the time when the body can have children.

I've digressed a bit from copyright. The deeper issue here, the deepest one of all, is that people (in America) have chosen to raise the fantasy of possibly achieving nigh-unlimited wealth above all other things they value. If I throw out the idea that we should have a society where wealth is capped at 20 million dollars, but you actually have a very good chance of achieving one million, or five million, that idea gets scorned. People prefer a society where, in theory, they can be one of the very few who achieve a wealth of billions of dollars. The reality for 99.99% of them is, they won't. But that's not important. The important thing is having room for the belief.

As long as people make that choice, we're fucked.

Ohhh.....You are damn right about it young creators are very screwed here and there and everywhere .I don't want to achieve a wealth of billions of dollars ,but popularity of Stan Lee or Chuck Norris or Alan Moore :) What other franchise you want to work on u said 3 .By the way i found your deviant art it's full of lot's of stuff proves one thing that you are multi talented individual.Let me back on topic you started the kid problem .Here in my country there is gypsy's that reproduce at very fast rate they married at 15 or 16 years old and the next few years they have few children they used to reproduce at 5 or 6 ,but now they lower there reproductive rate at 3 tops ,but there are still exception to the main rule . You know after 40 woman will be hard for them to get pregnant ,but know there are case like a woman at 65 years old got pregnant ,but with help with a lot of doctors and money in the bank account . Mate i have work construction for sometime maybe that was 2 -3 weeks tops or a full months i don't remember ,but if you work construction you have to be very careful ,not don't anything stupid that will cause you some trouble in the future like one time a have to care a bags of concrete and they are heavy mate
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Deleting . . .

Can't blame the gypsies for the stupidity of the, uh, stationary (?) man. We could be having enough children to maintain our population, but (in America at least) we make that other choice, to have the fantasy of unlimited wealth. I remember back in college everyone got to talking about getting rich and, surprise surprise most everyone thought they were going to be rich. There was only one guy who I thought had a chance - he had started an ISP at a time when big business wasn't doing internet yet. He was getting into computer science back when it paid. The rest of them were dumb as rocks and/or heading into fields that don't pay well. I doubt they had any idea how they were going to get rich, but they sure had faith it was going to happen. So in America, instead of doing the things that increase the likelihood of actually becoming reasonably well off, we allow those who are rich to keep everything, because we want to keep everything when we become rich too. Most of us do. Today I saw a petition to ban billionaires, but it won't go anywhere.

Yeah, construction is pretty dangerous stuff. I saw one guy nearly get his hands lobbed off with a chainsaw, another guy nearly fell off the roof of a house. I've done a lot of that kind of work for myself and have been lucky so far. I nearly buried a circular saw in my leg once. It was close but I lucked out. I've poured concrete a couple times. The bags are indeed surprisingly heavy. The dust is bad to breathe too. I helped a neighbor with a concrete job this summer and I ended up pouring the bags out down in a creek, trying to hold my breath but the dust wasn't able to dissipate well down there.

I haven't check my DA account in ages. I didn't generate much interest on DA. Maybe when my painting gets better.

Here's a fun video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYZZPwJr_c

I wouldn't do this, but I think I could do it. The emotional fear wouldn't get me, but I doubt they pay enough for the benefits to outweigh the risk. It would have to be the last time I ever had to do work in my life.
    Sometimes the paycheck rules your life a bit too much and you have no choice to take it that no exit situation drama in real life and work your butt............off in moment i am one of hungry ones , desperate to keep that dead end job for as a bit long .....but that long becomes a lifetime some time many people get stuck in the belly of no end beast for a eternity .The end is not something to be proud off .I am one of the hopefuls that something will change .The wind of change will come and take me away in magical land of Oz.That will not happen probably the pain in my gut will transform to Optimus Rage (Prime) and Start a Tsumani and Tornators in my head .Then the true metamorphs of my life will start to happen or not and will be force take something into more serious matters .I my country construction is a way of living a lot of people make good money way back when before the major financial crisis and always were very careful with the tools they use ,but then don't build small house ,but whole apartment complex that are the most common in my country very rare they build some big house for some rich guy and there the workers get tons of cash for the work they do ,but that is rare too in now days even rarer .But the what are you thoughts on Stan "the Man" Lee who had a birthday in 28-th of december that few short days ago.Respect to man and his work that i what i got for him ,he change the way we view comic-books .He's cult comic-book god like Zeus in Greek Mythology or Odin in Nordic Mythology .I think he was lucky to have some great artist around him like Kirby and Ditko for the ride...ops i forgot about Romita.He was lucky i repeat that , sure he step in the publishing industry in '39 only 17 at that time . He met Jack Kirby back then .Martin Goodman(Martin Goodman was he's relative of some sorts ) was the top dog there of the publishing house that would become Marvel in the future .Stan was some intern of sort the boy (the boy pretty strong word i think a child will be much better cause for me 17 very tender age for the young adult )that child had big dreams and he did it all .He's know and respected man now in he's 90 years .Check he's youtube channel ----->http://www.youtube.com/user/worldofheroes<----It's fun :) Happy new year .

Deleting . . .
    Last edited by JeremyRay; 06-08-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Scurlogg_Hawkk - Forgot to mention, the other things I wanted to work with were Star Trek and Record of Lodoss War.

One more thing before I forget - you win, Alex Jones vs Obama. Alex delivers the truth but is pepper sprayed and killed by sniper. No one cares because Obama's fascism is at least more competent than his opponents' would have been. The irony that Obama wouldn't have gotten a second term without Occupy (IMO) is incredible. Truly one for the ages.

What country are you from? I hope things turn around for you. I may not be the guy you want to talk to for a pick-me-up. I've no idea where the big turn-around is going to come from for either of us. The rich have got too much of the money. I know I won a few people over with XTIN but only a small handful had any dollars to spare for it. How can you win by invention when there's no money going around?
    Yeah Star Trek the vast universe of Star Trek is truly delicious for many of us .But if i was u would try different approach to the formula.Original characters and original settings with your art and mind that will be awesome .

Deleting . . .

I dunno. Paramount was supportive of Star Trek: Phoenix. IIRC they not only didn't sue, but funded Phoenix to the tune of a million dollars or so. Buuuut, what about licensing issues with - IDW has it now? I found a couple Star Trek comics on line, but they're parodies, and poor quality. I wouldn't want to get sued by IDW.

The way to do it would be to make it and put it on the internet as a job application. Be as up front as possible about it. It's an awful lot of investment in a project that might ultimately get disappeared though.

Hmm mate you can always try to make your own Star Trek deconstruct Star Trek's element to bare essentials ingredients and work for the grown up.You need a crew a ship and the reason for the ship to fly in space .From there you can explore the galaxy in them .You are skilled artist .I know that the projects take years for them to be build in the right way .Can add to what you like about Star Trek in your project remove what you don't like in ThE Star Trek add what star trek is missing .Work with basic formula of gene roddenberry he was always have politico-social comment in his work you do the same .

I know i am double posting here but ....this song ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvQwXOCKNLY <-----William Shatner --Rocket Man . I am Rocket Man ................Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Deleting . . .

I was trying to think of a sufficiently awful act for the god of sadism to go out on, and this is what I came up with. Shortly afterwards, there was a story about a woman getting raped and set on fire in real life. As it turned out, what I thought was a crime fit for a god, wasn't so special, except that Rau has the power to rape a woman while she is on fire, and mortal men have to wait until afterwards to set the woman on fire.

Scurlogg_Hawkk - I've been thinking about it for a few days, and I don't see comics working out for me. I'm pushing forward with the animation.
    Try different things that is the key i hope you do it in animation.Did u check the link the Rocket man by William Shatner ?

Deleting . . .

The modelling and texturing for this character are "done." There will be shots that call for more detail, but I think the detail I put in won't show up most of the time (like in this render).

I'm looking forward to hearing the High Priestess. There's a lot of room for creative sound engineering with her mechanical voice and breathing.

The modelling and texturing for this character are "done." There will be shots that call for more detail, but I think the detail I put in won't show up most of the time (like in this render).

I'm looking forward to hearing the High Priestess. There's a lot of room for creative sound engineering with her mechanical voice and breathing.

Scurlogg_Hawk - Yeah, I watched it. I've been watching ST:TOS lately too - Shatner is underrated as an actor. The writing for TOS is pretty bad (how many God-like characters can you present and defeat in one season?). It's not without its moments but Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley should get a great deal of credit for carrying a weak show. Also, Nichelle Nichols and her big ol' titties. She's not a bad actress either, but let's face it, it takes a supernova of acting power to outshine those babies.
    Yeah they are great actors ,but don't underestimate the other shows that follows they are great too .They writing have improve by the time the other shows comes along ..Nichelle Nichols she have good titties ,by the way :)So as other woman of the other Star Trek shows .Have you seen the other shows .What are your thoughts about the reboot Star TRek i think is cool ,but they should have put more thought provoking less action .

Deleting . . .
    Last edited by JeremyRay; 06-08-2013 at 07:49 AM.