Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CCI: Cage Rides Again with "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance"

The cast and crew of "Ghost Rider: Spirit and Vengeance" spoke to fans at Comic-Con International about the film's new directors, better special effects and Johnny Blaze's new attitude.

Full article here.

Nick Cage again guys? Come on now.
    Hobos frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

nick cage was to old to play johnny blaze but 1st film was awsome so cant wait for this

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

at a time, I would have seen Sean Bean..But I like Nic Cage and I'm glad to see him there..
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Undefeated of the east! Silver Knight's Avatar
    Go ahead try and find me, see what happens

Ya know I never understood what people had against the Ghost Rider movie. It got his origins right, tied in some marvel history with Sam Elliot's western Ghost Rider, and showed off GR abilites rather well.

Coming from the #1 Ghost Rider fan on CBR, nay the world () I cant wait for the new movie.

yeah

honestly the first ghost rider was a fun grindhouse type movie.

it had a serious 70's/western feel that kinda worked.

from the carpenters to the old school daredevil shows I thought it was neat.

plus sam elliot is always awesome. :)

it's biggest problem was the villian.

I hope that cage can still bring the contrast between the lovable carnie and the spirit of vengence and still make it worked.
    click here for some characters to use in rumbles

“We need to apply the science of communication to the communication of science.” - Preston Manning

I for one never said I didn't like the film, I did. I just think that the acting (mostly Eva Mendez) wasn't all that good, and that they should have cast a younger actor as Johnny Blaze. But aside from that, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
    Ya know I never understood what people had against the Ghost Rider movie. It got his origins right, tied in some marvel history with Sam Elliot's western Ghost Rider, and showed off GR abilites rather well.

Coming from the #1 Ghost Rider fan on CBR, nay the world () I cant wait for the new movie.
    Ghost Rider was a weird movie for me, not just in the obvious sense that it really was weird but in the sense that I thought it sucked on most levels and yet somehow I really liked it. I think that in some ways I liked the crazy cut-loose attitude that they were just going to make a really corny 1970s style comic book movie and the hell with how corny it was.

However, I was hoping for a Sam Elliott sequel set in the Old West or at least a younger actor playing Carter Slade, a good Old west GR story.

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

Nic Cage was born to play... Superman! But this will have to do.

Everyone remember that old news? Seriously, he was signed to play the Kryptonian.

Seeing all the love for the Ghost Rider movie here has me shaking my head in confusion.
    Hobos frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

BANNED

The problem with Ghost Rider was indeed the villain. They looked human. You have a guy that looks like And he fights a guy that looks like

What's selling this for me is that it's being made by the people who brought us the Crank films - two of the most over the top, insane, and crazy-fun films I've ever seen.

The makers of Crank, doing Ghost Rider, is an instant sell for me.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The cast and crew of "Ghost Rider: Spirit and Vengeance" spoke to fans at Comic-Con International about the film's new directors, better special effects and Johnny Blaze's new attitude.
    Does he smack around women now?
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    What's selling this for me is that it's being made by the people who brought us the Crank films - two of the most over the top, insane, and crazy-fun films I've ever seen.

The makers of Crank, doing Ghost Rider, is an instant sell for me.
    Amen to the max ! tho i'm still not sold on Nick Cage i know he's a big fanboy and all but i always felt like he got Ghost Rider as a consolation prize for all the superhero movies he was supposed to be in but wasn't.

Nick doesn't look or act anything like Johnny Blazer that i'm familiar with.

I prefer someone younger and better looking who has more of a devil may care (pun not intended) attitude that a stunt cyclist needs.

But he should also be haunted by his past and some of the choices he has made and Nick didn't really capture that either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Seeing all the love for the Ghost Rider movie here has me shaking my head in confusion.
    Yeah i know even the trailers that came out before the movie were just horrible and campy and stupid.

I know some people are getting sick of the epic movie trailers that seem to feature in every superhero movie but still.