Page 404 of 515 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 7715

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    A prequel thing is up. I won't be able to watch it til lunchtime but I hope it's good.

I just noticed, this establishes that Molly was his last companion, this means that after Dark Eyes, wait's over it goes into the Time War. Which makes sense, (spoilers) with the Dalek Time Controller and a stuff. The first Dark Eyes was as close to the Time War as it has ever come.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Don't know if we'll get any more stuff with Mcgann or Hurt, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a novel or something along those lines (probably not a big finish audio since they can't do new series stuff; although lately that line has been blurred a bit with the new series Daleks appearing on some covers as well as the Name of The Doctor TARDIS).

It's vaguely phrased enough that there could be other companions that he just didn't mention. The "friends, companions that I've known" part could be interpreted as 'and etc' in a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    It's vaguely phrased enough that there could be other companions that he just didn't mention. The "friends, companions that I've known" part could be interpreted as 'and etc' in a sense.
    Wow. Good trailer.

I couldn't make out what The Doctor was saying before "...Molly" and then the 'salute to old companions' before he drank from the goblet.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I couldn't make out what The Doctor was saying before "...Molly" and then the 'salute to old companions' before he drank from the goblet.
    He mentions his companions Charley, C'rizz, Lucie, Tamsin and Molly, (all from Big Finish audio productions). I believe that was the first time that the television series directly referenced Big Finish characters essentially making them canon.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Edit: Nvm, already mentioned. But yeah, it's pretty awesome that it makes that entire series official, and by extension the audios for the other Doctors as well.

Funny thing Grace isn't mentioned, although she didn't really travel with the Doctor ( Although I think she shows up in some of the 'expanded whoniverse').

Although Night of the Doctor does bring closure to Eight, there's still a few other continuity 'lost years' here and there throughout the classic series, a lot of which has been explored in the various novels/comics/audios (Which don't always agree with each other).
    Take Ace for example, I think in the comics (The DWM stuff) she dies, while the novels have her become a soldier, give her some time travel abilities of her own, and sort of have her be an on and off sort of companion (Sort of like Jack and River), while new series wise, it's mentioned in SJA that she became a philanthropist.

If you are a Comcast subscriber On Demand is showing all seven seasons of the new era, every special and all four seasons of Torchwood until January 1st.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

With the McGann mini-episode that makes it every regeneration where the regeneration involved yellow 'fire' exploding from a Time Lord. In the Classic series each regeneration was a bit different.

In reality I put this down to improvements in special effects, but in-universe could it be that the drink they gave him influenced his body longer than just during the Warrior-Doctor's lifetime?

Well, River also had the same regen effect, but she got her power from the Tardis...which seems to be tied to The Doctor.

I'm also wondering if they ever explained why the Tardis was so damaged by Ten's changing to Eleven?
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    DIdn't knew that, thanks :)

Also, with McGann and Hurt we now have two very insteresting and quite doable spin-offs that will never happen but I which they would.

Doctor Who: The Lost Years with McGann
    Doctor Who: The Time War with Hurt

Each of those would need a Doctor Who-like budget, so no chance of that happening :/
    Not quite. A flashback episode would allow Capaldi to do a Doctor-lite episode while having a Doctor in it. However the buzz the BBC have been getting over the return of McGann seems to me 100% positive so you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderByte View Post
    Edit: Nvm, already mentioned. But yeah, it's pretty awesome that it makes that entire series official, and by extension the audios for the other Doctors as well.
    No, it just drags in McGann's Big Finish work. Everything else is open to debate.

Also, it's worth noting the casting of Claire Higgins in the minisode. The assumption could be that you don't throw an actress of her quality into something like this unless you intend bringing her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I'm also wondering if they ever explained why the Tardis was so damaged by Ten's changing to Eleven?
    Because Moffat wanted the Tardis to crash at the start of his story so there was some gubbins about how Tennant absorbed so much energy, blah blah, but in reality it's purely so Moffat could start off with a crashing Tardis.

Moffat wants his own doctor & his own tardis , it's that simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Moffat wants his own doctor & his own tardis , it's that simple really.
    well RTD has Capt. Jack.....
    Cyclops ad portas

The outside of the Smith TARDIS is also somewhat of a nod to Hartnell's, the St.John ambulance thing is there, which was missing from most of the props both new and old.