Page 4 of 515 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 7715
  1. #46
    Administrator Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1997
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    For those of you who don't know, I work as a school teacher. We've got a literacy day celebration coming up where all the staff and students will be coming dressed as their favourite literature character.
    So to combat the inevitable plague of Harry Potter's and such I've decided to try for the 7th Doctor - mainly because a) he is one of my favourite characters b) a lot of the outfit can be used afterwards as well.

    It's actually quite tricky to find all the stuff to even make a passing resemblance. Some stuff, the shoes for example, is just too damn expensive and the question mark vest is just impossible.
    Oh the other hand, I seem to have a question mark umbrella lined up which is interesting.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

  2. #47
    Administrator Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1997
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    There's a wacky paradox right there, the evil Kovarian/River kidnaps HERSELF as an infant in the form of Melody/River and what we perceive as the present more or less River keeps a wide berth of these events because she doesn't want her younger self in the form of the older bodied Kovarian to know that she will one day switch sides after a regeneration that results in the current River's body!

    Moffat does for time travel what no one else has really done before!
    Have we seen Kovarian with the infant? Actually touching it?
    If so, it raises some problems as people touching their past selves causes wonderful paradoxes and monsters to appear (as per Father's Day).
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

  3. #48
    Elder Member Charles RB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    35,823

    Default

    The Target Books novelisations are getting reprinted, with introductions by new Who writers; saw six of them at the local WH Smiths. Including for stories like The Moonbase that don't exist anymore. And they have the old Target covers.

    This is awesome.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

  4. #49
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,913

    Default

    I used to have a shitload of those puppies. Loved 'em.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  5. #50
    Gotham Guardian Captain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    northeastern Ohio
    Posts
    14,241

    Default

    I just re-watched Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead last night. It's the first time I've watched them since the Eleventh Doctor came on the scene. I must say, everything fits with the later episodes perfectly; I didn't notice any inconsistencies at all. It's mind-boggling that Moffat must have had this all planned out way back then.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

  6. #51
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    It's mind-boggling that Moffat must have had this all planned out way back then.
    Not as much as you might think, from what I understand.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  7. #52
    Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Not as much as you might think, from what I understand.
    Then at least he's damn good at going back and re-checking his continuity.

    It's more than George Lucas can say.
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

    "Your Silliness is noted." K-9

    The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

  8. #53
    Gotham Guardian Captain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1998
    Location
    northeastern Ohio
    Posts
    14,241

    Default

    Well, my point is, everything fits perfectly. There are no contradictions or inconsistencies.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

  9. #54
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,913

    Default

    Oh yeah. The man must be a fiend at doing jigsaw puzzles.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  10. #55
    Administrator Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1997
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    The Target Books novelisations are getting reprinted, with introductions by new Who writers; saw six of them at the local WH Smiths. Including for stories like The Moonbase that don't exist anymore. And they have the old Target covers.

    This is awesome.
    I actually found my old collection of these in my garage recently. I've been wondering what to do with them.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

  11. #56
    Junior Member Ugoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Have we seen Kovarian with the infant? Actually touching it?
    If so, it raises some problems as people touching their past selves causes wonderful paradoxes and monsters to appear (as per Father's Day).
    BatGRRRl4ever's theory is so good!!! I'm loving it! Maybe that explains the paradox of the crack in time in addition to Prisoner Zero (somewhat). My theory was Prisoner Zero is behind everything (not so sure this is correct anymore, to predictable). We've seen that Zero can take the form of others. Still neither theory explains what role the Silence plays in all this. Just hope I can find someone who has BBC America before the new episodes. My friend has netflix, but not sure when the episodes are available soon after they air.
    The Burger King bows to Ugoff!

    Love MI-5, Chelsea Lately, Burn Notice, Doctor Who and many more

    http://www.koolavatar.com/avatars/ve...vehicles18.jpg

  12. #57
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugoff View Post
    BatGRRRl4ever's theory is so good!!! I'm loving it! Maybe that explains the paradox of the crack in time in addition to Prisoner Zero (somewhat). My theory was Prisoner Zero is behind everything (not so sure this is correct anymore, to predictable). We've seen that Zero can take the form of others. Still neither theory explains what role the Silence plays in all this. Just hope I can find someone who has BBC America before the new episodes. My friend has netflix, but not sure when the episodes are available soon after they air.
    They're not available until a while later on Netflix, they actually just recently added season 5.

  13. #58
    Senior Member LordEd1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CLASSIFIED
    Posts
    2,409

    Default

    When was the Doctor supposed to give River the enhanced Sonic Screwdriver she uses in her first appearance? If their lives are running at opposite ends then he should've given to her sometime during the Angels 2-parter.

    However, isn't the screwdriver supposed to be an ehanced version of the one Dr 10 used?

    My head is starting to hurt
    "Our job is to do the impossible and make it look easy." Hawk G.I.Joe #1 (marvel series)

    "Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" Buck Murdoc Airplane II the Sequel

    Favorite Writers: Geoff Johns, Larry Hama, Kurt Busiek

    Favorite Artists: George Perez, Alex Ross

    Favorite Heroes: Captain America, Captain Harlock, Alan Scott, Duke, Optimus Prime

    Favorite Villains: Char Aznable, Darth Vader, Megatron, Dr Doom

  14. #59
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordEd1976 View Post
    When was the Doctor supposed to give River the enhanced Sonic Screwdriver she uses in her first appearance? If their lives are running at opposite ends then he should've given to her sometime during the Angels 2-parter.

    However, isn't the screwdriver supposed to be an ehanced version of the one Dr 10 used?

    My head is starting to hurt
    it does bear a closer resemblance to the tenth's screw driver

    River's and Eleven's screwdrivers


    But who's to say that isn't purposeful so that Ten is more apt to trust her, and there is still time to give it to her as I'm thinking the majority of her travels with the Doctor take place when she's a young girl.

  15. #60
    Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    it does bear a closer resemblance to the tenth's screw driver

    River's and Eleven's screwdrivers


    But who's to say that isn't purposeful so that Ten is more apt to trust her, and there is still time to give it to her as I'm thinking the majority of her travels with the Doctor take place when she's a young girl.
    Not to mention the idea that, while the vast majority of their lives may be lived back-to-front there's nothing to say that the Doctor may not break that one time and visit her for the last time while in his last life. That way they could have at least one moment where they're lives were in balance -- he fully aware of his time with her and her pretty much fully aware of all her times with him with just the one exception....

    I could see the Doctor thinking that a fitting 'gift' to give to River.
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

    "Your Silliness is noted." K-9

    The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •