Page 223 of 515 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 7715

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    That is doubtful to ever happen. Particularly since I imagine Eccleston has no interest in returning to the role.
    Weeeell, could just be a cameo. Besides you don't really need him, just show the regeneration energy or whatever surrounding and changing Paul McGann and then cut away, The second and sixth doctor's regenerations only had one Doctor in them.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Tennant to return for 50th anniversary? That's the rumor.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...h-anniversary/
    This wouldn't surprise me; they could easily have Tennant's 'human Doctor' return from that parallel universe for the special.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    All I know is that I WANT an 8th to 9th regeneration.
    Weeeell, could just be a cameo. Besides you don't really need him, just show the regeneration energy or whatever surrounding and changing Paul McGann and then cut away, The second and sixth doctor's regenerations only had one Doctor in them.
    Yes to this. I want McGann in this in some way! I know he's done tons of audios, but it sucks that he's only got one TV appearance as the Doctor!
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

No, your memory is faulty, both of those regenerations had both states even though the sixth doctors regeneration was handled with the new doctor wearing a wig to emulate the outgoing actors appearance momentarily.

But for a proper regeneration you need the start and end. While not always was the previous actor always available (Colin baker most famously) they always managed to show both an in-process previous doctor and the resultant next doctor. The only regeneration to happen completely off screen was McGann to Eccleston. And it simply wouldn't work to have the doctor start a regeneration only to never see the result. Unless of course the result was a dead doctor that as a result of his final regeneration dissolved into nothing.

No, your memory is faulty, both of those regenerations had both states even though the sixth doctors regeneration was handled with the new doctor wearing a wig to emulate the outgoing actors appearance momentarily.
    Ok, the sixth's was a stretch but you really only need someone with Eccleson's features, the energy could cover his face and I'm pretty sure that the third wasn't around in War Games. They just showed the Doctor moving his face and covering. Hence the 6b season.

But for a proper regeneration you need the start and end. While not always was the previous actor always available (Colin baker most famously) they always managed to show both an in-process previous doctor and the resultant next doctor. The only regeneration to happen completely off screen was McGann to Eccleston. And it simply wouldn't work to have the doctor start a regeneration only to never see the result. Unless of course the result was a dead doctor that as a result of his final regeneration dissolved into nothing.
    That may be necessary if the next Doctor's appeareance was a surprise, this time we all know how he looks like. It's the reversed of Colin Baker's. We know the end result, we just don't know the road there.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Personally, I don't care. I myself am cool with the regeneration having happened off camera. But some people NEED to see it. To each his own. I would rather see Eccleston make a cameo in the 50th anniversary episode than to have a "proper" regeneration episode. But as I said, neither is likely to happen. But never say never.

I couldn't give a toss about seeing the regeneration. We all know it happened, we all know how they happen. Big deal.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me; they could easily have Tennant's 'human Doctor' return from that parallel universe for the special.
    I've always thought that is bound to happen sooner or later. With Rose in tow, of course.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

I've always thought that is bound to happen sooner or later. With Rose in tow, of course.
    Only if that universe the 8th or 9th doctor is alive and comes along.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The Forgotten was great.
    It's coming out in trade soon.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

That is doubtful to ever happen. Particularly since I imagine Eccleston has no interest in returning to the role.
    Apparently he was presenting a showing of Hillsborough recently and was asked the usual bloody question about Who, and seemed warmer to the idea than before. This doesn't mean he'll do anything as Eccleston doesn't need the money because the American work pays the bills, which means he can do what theatre and telly work he wants but it really is all in the world of rumour right now.

I'm kind of over Rose, but I would be curious to see the 11th Doctor's reaction to her. He loved her in both his 9th and 10th incarnations--would his 11th self feel the same, or is he over her too?

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Apparently he was presenting a showing of Hillsborough recently and was asked the usual bloody question about Who, and seemed warmer to the idea than before. This doesn't mean he'll do anything as Eccleston doesn't need the money because the American work pays the bills, which means he can do what theatre and telly work he wants but it really is all in the world of rumour right now.
    You'd think I'd know this, being American and all, but what exactly is Eccleston doing in America? Is he filming the sequel to GI Joe or something? That movie sucked, by the way.
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 11-22-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Indeed, I don't remember if it was posted here or not but back in August it was reported that at a Q&A before Antigone opened that when asked if he felt he was done with Doctor Who his answer was a firm no. He went on to say that he felt that a single series wasn't enough to fully actualize his take on the character and that if he’d had more time o the show he’d have developed the role considerably. To top it off I guess his final word on the matter was that there more for him to do with the character.

I don't have any illusions about that means his presence is a sure thing but the possibility is certainly more promising than it has been in the past.

The article: http://omgdaleks.com/christopher-ecc...as-the-doctor/

All I know is that I WANT an 8th to 9th regeneration.
    Honestly, I just want to see McGann as the Doctor again. The 8th to 9th Regeneration can wait, or never happen at all for all I care. I just want #8th on the screen again in some capacity.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 11-22-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Indeed, I don't remember if it was posted here or not but back in August it was reported that at a Q&A before Antigone opened that when asked if he felt he was done with Doctor Who his answer was a firm no. He went on to say that he felt that a single series wasn't enough to fully actualize his take on the character and that if he’d had more time o the show he’d have developed the role considerably. To top it off I guess his final word on the matter was that there more for him to do with the character.

I don't have any illusions about that means his presence is a sure thing but the possibility is certainly more promising than it has been in the past.

The article: http://omgdaleks.com/christopher-ecc...as-the-doctor/
    I wonder if that means that we'll be getting some 9th Doctor audios eventually? Maybe from AudioGo, since Big Finish only has the rights to produce audios on the first eight Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Honestly, I just want to see McGann as the Doctor again. The 8th to 9th Regeneration can wait, or never happen at all for all I care. I just want #8th on the screen again in some capacity.
    Amen.

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

This post fell into the cracks in time and was deleted
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 11-23-2012 at 06:24 PM.

PHOENIX INVICTUS!