Page 2 of 515 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Hopefully with Arthur Dargill.
    I agree, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Except that it's already been confirmed that Karen Gillan will be back for the next series.
    In this show, it's not like rumors of death are incompatible with returns. Before this year's premiere, people kept spoiling how River, Rory, and Amy were going to die, and they were right -- it's just that many of them didn't know our heroes were faking it until the episode premiered. Same deal with Rose and Donna, too.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

i would be disappointed with a season of Amy without Rory..
    Siriel; You have spectacularly failed to understand my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    i would be disappointed with a season of Amy without Rory..
    I would find a way to cope.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Does this thread die after 12 regenerations?

Quote Originally Posted by JCALL View Post
    They changed the Sixth Doctor's coat between the big image and the little image

EDIT: And the Seventh's vest.
    Also, he has 6 smiling in blue and scowiling in multicolour.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clarkie View Post
    Who wears a shirt and tie with a dressing gown?
    Autons, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    This is a classic.

Nice.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar

It really kind of amuses me how Moffat has managed to get so many people to fall in love with Rory.

I think Moffat has also proven that there is a place now for an ongoing male companion in the new series -- and I know, some of you are going to bring up Mickey and Captain Jack but if you go back and LOOK at those episodes both Mickey and Captain Jack didn't last long on the TARDIS before leaving.

With Rory Moffat has proven that the stories really will support a long-term male companion.
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

"Your Silliness is noted." K-9

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

plus I only liked Mickey after he left and he actually became useful. Before the parallel universe he was always complaing and annoying. Then there he realised he can actually do something good and useful. Then he left.........
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    It really kind of amuses me how Moffat has managed to get so many people to fall in love with Rory.
    Mainly because Rory has actually been well written this series especially and Amy is frankly just window dressing, and possibly even a huge Macguffin.

I've said it before: Rory got a hell of a better deal asva character than Mickey did.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Can't a brother get a break?
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Looks like a new trailer is out:
    http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/08...eries-six.html

Bit more of a downer this time, revolving around the prospect of the Doctor's death.

Never noticed the name of the lake before now, though.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

As for the shirt, tie, dressing gown thing - I'm fairly sure that's not a dressing gown.

It's a smoking jacket, which were very popular during the early 70s and earlier.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

Pterosaurs!
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Lailoni Prime Vespa Stressfactor's Avatar

Looks epic!

Also vis-a-vis Rory vs. Mickey -- Mob is right in that Rory is being well written. More to the point Mickey basically changed completely. The Mickey we meet in "Rose" is really not very much like the Mickey we meet in "Journey's End". The Rory we meet in "The Eleventh Hour", though, can still be seen inside the the Rory we see in "A Good Man Goes to War." In "Day of the Moon", in fact, Rory emphatically tells Amy that he's NOT going to stop being something of a goof and I wouldn't be at all surprised if, when the second half of series 6 starts up again we don't still see Rory occasionally bumbling around amidst his badassery.

It's a very balanced approach to character development and one where I think Moffat is doing very well.... as opposed to some American TV shows I could name.
    My crazy blog of weird and geeky stuff http://compoundgeekery.blogspot.com/ RANDOM!

"Your Silliness is noted." K-9

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    When the new trailer showed River with the evil Kovarian's eye patch I almost plotzed on the spot! It got me to thinking; since it's been increasingly speculated that River is in fact a human Time Lord Kovarian may in fact be her younger self! Remember the Doctor changes ages with every regeneration! It would make perfect sense then for River to want to keep a wide berth of Kovarian since she wouldn't want her younger (but in an older regenerated body) evil self to know that later on after a regeneration she will be siding with the Doctor!
    That just blew my mind...
    P-Man "Does no one remember the NES? Flashing grey screens? Hmmm? Cartridges you had to blow so much that you expected there to be a fifty dollar bill on the nightstand in the morning?"

Wannabe "It worked better if you slightly licked the game. I know it sounds odd, but it works really really well. At least on N64."