Page 281 of 515 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 7715

So the 50th ann av show will consist of Tennant ans Smith setting around with a few current companions while they bad mouth Eccelston...oohh can't wait.

Now that the Great Intelligence has gone digital, I'm kinda worried that he'll end up trapped in a USB drive, sitting on a shelf in the TARDIS next to the videotaped villain from Idiot's Lantern. Though he might be able to escape that fate if he remembers to bring his robot yetis next time.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    So the 50th ann av show will consist of Tennant ans Smith setting around with a few current companions while they bad mouth Eccelston...oohh can't wait.
    So you'll just piss and moan about anything to do with current Who?

You must be a riot at parties.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

In an effort to be more positive...Flyattractor, what are your favourite Classic Who serials? Do you have a favourite era?

Some of my favourite serials:

Caves of Androzani
    The Talons of Weng Chiang
    Tomb of the Cybermen
    Robots of Death
    Kinda
    The Brain of Morbius
    City of Death
    Carnival of Monsters
    The Aztecs
    The Romans
    State of Decay
    Warrior's Gate
    The Daemons

The list gets longer the more I think on it, so I'll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Why would they slag Eccleston off? What would be the point of having a pop at someone who had a pretty good set of reasons not to be involved with the programme again, and has made it clear over his nearly 30 year career that he doesn't go back.

I've seen far too many people write Eccleston off as being a 'primadonna', or 'too snooty' because he won't come back to something which is one part of a long career. Personally I'd like to see him back, but it's his choice & he shouldn't be sneered at by Who fans because of it.

I do not sneer at him. He owes us nothing more than what he's already given. If he wanted to do it, that would be great. He doesn't. We'll live.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I do not sneer at him. He owes us nothing more than what he's already given. If he wanted to do it, that would be great. He doesn't. We'll live.
    Exactly. Though it has to be said there's been a load of smoke & mirrors about who is in the special, but the BBC had to name Tennant last week as he'd have been seen anyhow in location filming during the week. There's still a part of me which reckons Eccleston will turn up, even if it's just his waxwork.

So this week it was Clara's first adventure in the Tardis, and it follows some now well worn routes for new companions on Who so they go to an alien world, see lots of aliens, get involved with a mysterious plot that threatens the galaxy and they come back to Earth a slightly different person. There's also a few plot devices that are variations of plots from the first series of the new programme, especially Father's Day.

That aside, it quickly settles into a nice wee story and a few very good monsters. There's a mention of Susan, plus Smith is quite excellent in this although Coleman needs to possibly ramp down the chirpiness a tad but it's all good enjoyable fun til the end. Oh dear, the end. Remember the end of Gridlock in the third series where the freed inhabitants of the motorways start singing and everyone understands the power of love? This is just as bad and it took me completely out of the episode and that's a pity as it's a good story til then but it's another one of those times where another 15 minutes might see an actual well thought out ending rather than falling back on a trick that's been used too much in the programme.

Still, the trailer for next week's episode looks wonderful with a nice tease of the Ice Warriors.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    Anyhow, more news about the anniversary special, spoilers:
    the Zygons
    end of spoilers (spoiler link with picturehere) are back which is good, but I'd imagine they won't be the only classic monster returning. There's also supposed to be more news about the special released next week just as they start filming. I'm sure people will be excited to see Adric return from the dead.
    YES! It's about time they made a return to the series!

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    So you'll just piss and moan about anything to do with current Who?

You must be a riot at parties.
    Dude, don't even go there; it's not worth it.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Ghost Town by The Specials to open the episode! Love all the aliens in the market place.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Latest Episode: Liked the scale of the vamp, the Susan reference, but quickly got tired of the singing kumbaya love-fest moments. Nice plot that would have been better with the last half shortened and a bit less "talking about our feelings solves all". Starting to miss the scientific genius part of the Doctor where he uses more than just that screwdriver to thwart enemies. I dunno...maybe some reversing of the polarity or something...awesomely pseudo-scientific techie?

Not horrible, but feel unsatisfied.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

First half was ok, second half was badly written, no amount of good acting could save it, IMO.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Sing while you may

I pretty much feel the same way. I was pretty much OK with the obligatory take-the-new-companion-on-a-whimsical-trip-to-an-odd-place-and-time setup. I didn't even mind the singing much, until it started to actually work. I mean, "they believe it", and "it's a nice story" and all, but really now... Also, I guess no one's mum ever died there, or maybe they don't like their mums much. Either way, yuck at all that sappy stuff. That's how you deal with flawed, tragic villains with personalities and presence in the story, not hungry, apparently intelligent heavenly bodies with frowny faces. All in all it seemed like an interesting, grand concept that they couldn't tie up with a decent ending, so they went with a tired cliché. Shame.

Found the episode to be mostly bobbins personally. Still, there's always one in every season.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

This episode had its moments: I liked the bits about Clara's mother and father, the mention of Susan, the Doctor's speech to the soul sucking thingy and Clara's sacrifice of the leaf that got her parents together. Other than that, the story felt kind of run-of-the-mill.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!