Page 238 of 515 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 7715

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I liked seeing his face in the nebula, it was a nice touch; I just wish we saw the other Doctors faces as well, that's the only thing keeping the new sequence from being perfect in my mind.
    But those intros are supposed to have the face of the current Doctor only, not of all of them. It's a throwback to the classic series, and you didn't see Tom Baker's face in Sylvester Mccoy's intro.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

I saw the special last night, the plot was kind of blah, and Jenna was nice as Clara, part of me hopes she dies everytime she sees the doctor, because I think moffat would do something like that to make him seem tortured.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    But those intros are supposed to have the face of the current Doctor only, not of all of them. It's a throwback to the classic series, and you didn't see Tom Baker's face in Sylvester Mccoy's intro.
    I know, but I think it would be perfect if it had them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I saw the special last night, the plot was kind of blah, and Jenna was nice as Clara, part of me hopes she dies everytime she sees the doctor, because I think moffat would do something like that to make him seem tortured.
    That will be too much .
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    I seem to remember it being given as a reason why it was down a bit last year, plus a later timeslot just doesn't make sense.
    But it's always had a later timeslot in the past on Christmas Day and rated just as well - usually better. The BBC just didn't have a great day in general last year.
    Last edited by VDCNI; 12-26-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

The part of with Strax and the mindworm had me laughing out load. He would make a perfect companion for a few episodes.

I also do like that they have gone back to a more classic style Tardis control room. That last one was just and eyesore after a few episodes.

Put me down as one who thinks that a show about Vastra, Jenny and Strax would make an interesting spin-off.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I know, but I think it would be perfect if it had them all.
    Maybe they'll do it for the big anniversary? That would be a keeper.
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The part of with Strax and the mindworm had me laughing out load. He would make a perfect companion for a few episodes.

I also do like that they have gone back to a more classic style Tardis control room. That last one was just and eyesore after a few episodes.
    I want Strax (Mr. Potato Head) The Sontaran and Mind Worm as companions! Someone make this so!
    Daredevil-Waid, and Hawkeye. (Or was before received cost of cheapest Unaffordable Health Care. At least someone (government insurance companies and congress?) get to enjoy product of my working.

I think Moffat's considered the idea. Confidential's canceled, Torchwood is in limbo, and SJA had to come to an end after Sladen's death so maybe there's a chance of a new spinoff at some point. However, Moffat has his hands full, hence the seasons of WHO being delayed and split and Sherlock being delayed (Although that might also be due to Cumerbatch in the Star Trek film). So if there is a spinoff it'd probably be in somebody else's hands (Chibnall? Gatiss?). I suppose it could work as an audio or novel series too.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

And Stan Marsh could pop up and say "You Killed Clara...You Bastards".
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Moffat's considered the idea. Confidential's canceled, Torchwood is in limbo, and SJA had to come to an end after Sladen's death so maybe there's a chance of a new spinoff at some point. However, Moffat has his hands full, hence the seasons of WHO being delayed and split and Sherlock being delayed (Although that might also be due to Cumerbatch in the Star Trek film). So if there is a spinoff it'd probably be in somebody else's hands (Chibnall? Gatiss?). I suppose it could work as an audio or novel series too.
    SyFy showed a bunchof K-9's episodes during the Special. Is his show still going or did it get canned already.

And I agree. Kill Oswin every episode. it would be a nice tribute to that character that Arhur Dent keeps accidentaly killing in the Hitchhikers series.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair I expected a lot more build to throwing a companion so quick at the Doctor. I was expecting there to be awhile before Clara would team with the Doctor. It surprised me they went for it from the start and had her follow him.
    Yeah, that part was a bit rushed. As was giving her the key after he'd only known her for five minutes. I mean I can't fault his taste, but don't come across quite so desperate, dude!
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    And Stan Marsh could pop up and say "You Killed Clara...You Bastards".
    Are my posts fookin' invisible or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    She's gonna be like the Doctor Who version of Kenny. She'll die at the end of every episode, then be fine again at the start of the next.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

The Eighth Doctor had a Christmas Special two years ago with Carole Ann Ford returning as Susan (He finally ''came back'' earlier on the audio series) and Big Finish is having a sale on it for download at 2.99. It's pretty good, if anybody is interested.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...dimensions-545

...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.