Page 221 of 515 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 7713

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The best Doctor Who Christmas special would be to get a bunch of old Who actors (especially Tom Baker) roaring drunk and just broadcast them going nuts, spinning stories, remembering stuff for about two hours.

I don't think doing that with Tom Baker is something that you have to pay for....at least not in the olden days.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    There will be a new Dr. Who Christmas episode this year, it debuts Christmas night at 9pm
    The hell you say?!
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    We didn't have CRB checks back then. If we did then the 70's would have been locked up.
    My point being that, and correct me if I'm wrong, CRB checks only work against people with actual criminal records, yeah? Saville didn't have a criminal record of offending against minors, did he?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    There will be a new Dr. Who Christmas episode this year, it debuts Christmas night at 9pm
    we don't when it's going to be broadcast on Christmas Day, but 9 is simply too late in the evening.
    Since he's posting from the US, I suspect he's referring to the time that BBC America will air it.
    I haven't seen an announcement yet myself, but the regular series typically airs at 9 PM in the US, so it's not at all unreasonable that it might do the same on Christmas.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Since he's posting from the US, I suspect he's referring to the time that BBC America will air it.
    I haven't seen an announcement yet myself, but the regular series typically airs at 9 PM in the US, so it's not at all unreasonable that it might do the same on Christmas.
    I think that's when it's been aired on BBC America in the past, so I'd say its almost a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    So, a rather large bullet was dodged this week, regarding Neil Gaiman's script and a misplaced copy thereof.
    Few...I flashed on the Superman/Green Lantern special for a second there.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

We currently have paedogeddon kicking off & the BBC tearing itself apart so their apparently doing CRB checks and everything for this years CiN just to be safe.
    I just Googled the whole "Operation Yewtree" thing...geez. Gary Glitter just cannot stay out of trouble, can he?

Quite, plus we don't when it's going to be broadcast on Christmas Day, but 9 is simply too late in the evening.

To be honest though just showing Matt Smith sit on the sofa reading the paper would be better than last year's shite.
    So true! Last year's special was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    9PM, 8 Central. Only a few more weeks to go!
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

So the Children in Need minisode is out.
    Yeah, rather interesting actually.

The Sontaran nurse dude is back!
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

Yup, it was nice to see those three again, hopefully they'll be in the episode more than that though.

Didn't he die? Not complaining kind, I'd happily watch him, Madame Vestra and Jenny on their own at Christmas.

Also: they called Rory the Doctor's best friend! I'm taking that as canon. Yay Rory.

I'd imagine this meeting took place before the nurse's death, just not for the Doctor.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Here is the trailer for the Christmas special, "The Snowmen," which aired after the mini-sode above --love the chemistry between Matt and Jenna-Louise already!

Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

I like what i saw in that preview. The Doctor protecting children from bad dreams sounds exactly like something he would do in retirement.

I'm not especially keen on yet another variation of the moody brooding miserable Doctor who needs a bit of a slap, and I'm also wary of ramming in a load of supporting characters just to keep fans happy, but the new companion looks interesting, Richard E Grant eating up scenery is always worth watching and the look of the episode looks lovely even if you can spot the CGI backgrounds and the dodgy CGI snowmen monster thingys.

There's a lot riding on this episode partly because of the last Christmas special being so awful, but because this is the start of the build up to the anniversary so it needs to kick off well. We'll see in a few weeks time.

There's a lot riding on this episode partly because of the last Christmas special being so awful, but because this is the start of the build up to the anniversary so it needs to kick off well.
    Also the introduction of the (hot) new companion.