Page 160 of 515 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 7715
  1. #2386
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,015

    Default

    Has anyone mentioned the theory that Madame Kovarian is an alternate future amy?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  2. #2387
    Moderator alf_to_the_rescue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Béal feirste
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    Christmas special villain revealed to be played by Richard E Grant

    http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/22239/th...llain-revealed
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

  3. #2388
    Senior Member Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    I wasn't all that impressed with his Doctor to be honest...and if this Christmas Special don't have any flying Great White Sharks I will be dissapointed to say the LEAST!


    And am surprised that they can actually call it a Christmas special in these PC/Anti Religious times...especially on that side of the pond.

  4. #2389
    Elder Member king mob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    22,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Which Torchwood episodes did he write? The only Torchwood that I though was a massive, crushing fail was Miracle Day. Complete waste of time!
    He wrote Countrycide. Nuff said!

  5. #2390
    Elder Member king mob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    22,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    I wasn't all that impressed with his Doctor to be honest...and if this Christmas Special don't have any flying Great White Sharks I will be dissapointed to say the LEAST!


    And am surprised that they can actually call it a Christmas special in these PC/Anti Religious times...especially on that side of the pond.
    What the bloody hell are you on about?

  6. #2391
    Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    Christmas special villain revealed to be played by Richard E Grant

    http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/22239/th...llain-revealed
    The Scream of the Shalka, the animated special wherein Richare E. Grant played the Doctor, is all over YouTube, but I've not seen it beyond the first nine minutes or so. Is it any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    He wrote Countrycide. Nuff said!
    What was that episode about? I missed quite a few of the early Torchwood episodes due to the fact that I'd just gotten BBC America at the time and wasn't sure of the schedule.
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 08-08-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

    PHOENIX INVICTUS!

  7. #2392
    Ruby Quartz Club Band Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    6,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    What the bloody hell are you on about?
    Frankly, I've been surprised at just how many of the RTD/Moffet era episodes seemed to revolve positively around churches and/or religion.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

  8. #2393
    Senior Member bringthenoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Posts
    3,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    The Scream of the Shalka, the animated special wherein Richare E. Grant played the Doctor, is all over YouTube, but I've not seen it beyond the first nine minutes or so. Is it any good?
    I enjoyed it. It's written by Paul Cornell (Father's Day; Human Nature; Captain Britain & MI:13). Some of the stuff that was being set-up for an ongoing series was kinda out there, but it's an good story and Grant's grump Doctor is great fun.

  9. #2394
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bringthenoise View Post
    I enjoyed it. It's written by Paul Cornell
    Oooooh, you don't say?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  10. #2395
    Senior Member bringthenoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Posts
    3,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    What was that episode about? I missed quite a few of the early Torchwood episodes due to the fact that I'd just gotten BBC America at the time and wasn't sure of the schedule.
    The one with the village full of cannibals who did it for the lolz. Not a highpoint of British sci-fi.

  11. #2396
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    There has been a few Doctor Who shows on TV recently from different eras of the new generation and something i've noticed is that there's a lot middle-age women on that show? Does the author have mommy issues? lol It's like most of the supporting characters(except for the regular side-kicks) have been middle-age women. Not young girls, not old women, not girls in their 20s/30s, not boy and men of whatever ages but most of the cast have been in magority middle-age women, like the author wants to make a point of it. And I have no idea why. I guess it adds to the excentricity vibe of the show.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  12. #2397
    Be Right Back... Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Just above Tasmania
    Posts
    34,913

    Default

    I dunno man, I think maybe you're just noticing what you want to notice? Lie down on the couch, tell me about your childhood...
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

  13. #2398
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    Oups I think I hit a sensible cord.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  14. #2399
    Senior Member Flyattractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    What the bloody hell are you on about?
    That Robert E Grant dude. His animated Dr. WHO story. Thought it was kinda meh. But that may just be me.

  15. #2400
    Senior Member bringthenoise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Posts
    3,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It's like most of the supporting characters(except for the regular side-kicks) have been middle-age women. Not young girls, not old women, not girls in their 20s/30s, not boy and men of whatever ages but most of the cast have been in magority middle-age women, like the author wants to make a point of it
    You sure you weren't watching EastEnders by mistake?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •