Page 1 of 515 123451151101501 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member

Talking Doctor Who thread III: Mad men in a blue box. Everything Whovian. (SPOILERS)

Does anybody know when this will be on tv in America?

And when American dvds will be released?

Watching the first ep on Youtube and it's great.

This, and the new Dr.Who show, really help fill in for Buffy/Angel on television.

Torchwood was really meh and too racy for Scifi. Captain Jack pointessly kisses different men through out the whole season. I doubt sci fi wants to touch that.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

I'm sure Gwen and Rhys will be running the show, with Lois Abibba filling in the tech role. More people will be introduced and then Jack will come back in the 3rd episode, give or take. After Ianto's death, his betrayal of his own daugther and killing his grandson, I'm sure Jack will return a more zen and relaxed person. I just don't want to make this the "Jack and Gwen" show.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Talking Doctor Who thread III: Mad men in a blue box. Everything Whovian. (SPOILERS)

The War Chief and the Time Lord Tribunal have been and visited, the Doctor changes once more...

"Pez?"

Continued from here
    And here.
    Last edited by Matt; 08-03-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

Now in colour!!!
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

"We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

Who wears a shirt and tie with a dressing gown?
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

When the new trailer showed River with the evil Kovarian's eye patch I almost plotzed on the spot! It got me to thinking; since it's been increasingly speculated that River is in fact a human Time Lord Kovarian may in fact be her younger self! Remember the Doctor changes ages with every regeneration! It would make perfect sense then for River to want to keep a wide berth of Kovarian since she wouldn't want her younger (but in an older regenerated body) evil self to know that later on after a regeneration she will be siding with the Doctor!

Also as has been rumoured more than once now is some's belief that Amy is to die at the end of the Fall run. This makes sense to me as it explains why River was so happy to see Rory at Stormcage as well as when she had such a great back and forth with him at the desert diner, it's because she was raised by Rory! Rory WON'T die (as we have been tricked to believe) but Amy just might!

I am also excited to hear that Let's Kill Hitler is to concentrate on Amy/Rory/River and be "Doctor-Lite", should make for a good episode! I never thought any companions could ever replace Donna Noble as my all-time favorite companion, but the Pond family has most definitely achieved just that!
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 08-03-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: add
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

This is a classic.

"Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"

And the best companion, it terms of competency, was Ace. Everyone knows that.

Taught the Professor...? But... I thought the Professor was the Master? Are you saying the Doctor is the Master?! <my head asplode>

Ace always called the 7th Doctor 'Professor' instead of Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Also as has been rumoured more than once now is some's belief that Amy is to die at the end of the Fall run. This makes sense to me as it explains why River was so happy to see Rory at Stormcage as well as when she had such a great back and forth with him at the desert diner, it's because she was raised by Rory! Rory WON'T die (as we have been tricked to believe) but Amy just might!
    Except that it's already been confirmed that Karen Gillan will be back for the next series.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Except that it's already been confirmed that Karen Gillan will be back for the next series.
    Hopefully with Arthur Dargill.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Ah, I love that new thread smell! Is it weird that I was excited coming home from to see if we had made it to the next regeneration? We have a nice little Who community here.