Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

so when does delux hardcover edition come out? a decade from now? damn DC, look what Image is doing with Chew or Walking Dead!

Scalped has always been one of those stories that has an ending in sight. 60 is more than enough for character study type series like Scalped.

I dont understand some fans want almost never ending, overlong story everywhere in american comics. They cant be like superhero.

If there is no good ending to series like this then there is no point to them.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

^Couldn't have said it better.

BANNED

nothing wrong with being sad about one of the best comics coming to and end.

Scalped has always been a finite story. we always knew it was around 70 issues, tops. doesn't change the fact it sucks for us that we're pulling in to the closing.

I'm glad the series is ending. It means we're not going to get 20 issues of unnecessary filler(The Walking Dead).

Like somebody said earlier, all good stories must come to an end.
    I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.

Conan, The Goon, Astro City, Criminal, Love and Rockets, Fatale, Saga, The Rocketeer

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    ^Couldn't have said it better.
    Frankly the reason i started reading Vertigo was because the stories felt like tv series, they had ending in sight. You could read trade after trade like a book series who was max 10-13 volumes.

For original manga reader like me reading quality stories that ended in Vertigo was a dream.

There is no retcon, reboot, bad creator change to fear like in superhero. Often creators doing their work from start to finish.

Im not sad to see Scalped ending since it was expected to end, i just hope for the next Scalped type series to appear.
    Pull List:

smoke weed

it was a great run while it lasted.

i think scalped was amazing because it is truly one of the most atmospheric comic books out there. the art and the narrative give the setting life more so than almost any ongoing series I have ever read. 100 bullets had the grit as well but scalped made me feel as if aaron had grown up on a reservation and when i found out hes a white dude from like virginia i amazed again

Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    so when does delux hardcover edition come out? a decade from now? damn DC, look what Image is doing with Chew or Walking Dead!
    I don't think they announced any of the Y: The Last Man hardcovers until a bit after the series ended, so I'm hoping that they might do something similar here. Note that for now it is just hope: who knows what Vertigo's internal numbers say about the viability of hardcovers. I know that I would buy it instantly.

I can understand the mixed feelings expressed on here - all great stories end, but I always grieve over that fact once it gets here. I've felt that about every great story I've ever read, from Lord of the Rings to Les Miserables, and Scalped is no exception to that.

With Scalped, Aaron and Guerra achieved that elusive goal of creating a work that was greater than the sum of it's parts. To me, Scalped is a true piece of comic art. Much respect to both Aaron and Guerra and everyone else who worked on that title on it's creation, professional on-time delivery every month, and now what I fully trust will be its grand conclusion.

I'm really curious to see how Scalped ages and how it will be looked back upon 10, 15 or 20 so odd years down the road? It's not from the superhero genre, so we know it won't be on the same shelf as a DKR or Watchmen. What's the closest equivalent to it in the current comics canon that we can compare it too? Sin City? While also a gritty crime drama, that had too many "fantastic" elements to it to be a viable comparison. What else is there? I'm sure there are some viable comparisons out there someone could point out but I'm just blanking out right now. That's definitely a discussion I'd like to see people take me up on in this thread. I don't know if many others out there agree with my take on this series, but I believe it is great enough to be put on one of those great shelves in the comics canon, just not sure where.

As a long-time Marvelite, I'm thrilled that Aaron has taken an increasingly larger role in the Marvel Universe (I think he's on schedule to right about 1/4 of their universe right now), but I hope he always takes time to circle back around and do projects like Scalped. He's a talented storyteller, and I think he'll be considered the most gifted comic writer of this generation of writers. He tells great superhero stories, but from Scapled we know that he has much more than that to offer, and I hope we'll still see these kinds of stories from him in the future.

To involved with Scalped - thanks for a great 60 issues!

Quote Originally Posted by epp101 View Post
    As a long-time Marvelite, I'm thrilled that Aaron has taken an increasingly larger role in the Marvel Universe (I think he's on schedule to right about 1/4 of their universe right now), but I hope he always takes time to circle back around and do projects like Scalped. He's a talented storyteller, and I think he'll be considered the most gifted comic writer of this generation of writers. He tells great superhero stories, but from Scapled we know that he has much more than that to offer, and I hope we'll still see these kinds of stories from him in the future.

To involved with Scalped - thanks for a great 60 issues!
    Great post! On Aaron's blog, he mentions how he already has his next creator-owned ideas brewin', and how he has been discussing with Guera on their next project. So expect more creator-owned Aaron goodness in the future!

Scalped is without a doubt far and wide the best ongoing comic I've ever read. It's cool to see that both The Wire and Deadwood have inspired the series, as I've always had 'specially The Wire in mind as I've read Scalped. I'm sad it's ending since I no longer will receive a monthly dose of pure quality, but it's better to end on a high note.

Comic Loving Psychologist feliciano2040's Avatar

Amazing comic book, sad to see it go, but from beginning to end it was flawless.

Also, this needs to be taken by HBO, no, not by AMC.

Good to know Aaron is not content with Marvel superhero works and might do his own series like Scalped again.
    Pull List:

I hope that there is going to be another interview with Aaron and with R.M when the series end next month.
    Who's there?