Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman looks stupid without his black trunks

Ya know what? I've tried to like the newest "New Look" Batman but I think he just looks stupid without his black trunks! On Michael Keaton, the all black armor looked awesome, but most of the subsequent costumes worn by other movie Batmen were decent at best. In the comics, without his trunks, Batman looks naked half the time and on other occasions he looks like he's wearing thermal underwear-- BAT-SKIVIES! C'mon DC, stop playing "tail wagging the dog" and following the movies and get back to basics! Bob Kane and Bill Finger knew what they were doing when they came up with Bats' overall design, it's held up for decades and I see no reason to try and "improve" on it! On the other hand, Wonder Woman's outfit in the upcoming JLA book looks near perfect but I think her boots should remain the traditional red and white. But when it comes to Batman they should make him put his trunks back on--it's still a family comic book!
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

BANNED

You think thats bad, imagine how us Superman fans feel over the bastardization Superman gone through now. Atleast Batman retains some classic influences. Though I DESPISE those new gauntlets, they are so large and clunky. I dont like the boots or anything else either really. The Inc design I could live with though, in terms of recent designs. But considering Batman more than any other hero has been off and on with the trunks, I dont mind too much.
    Last edited by Esoteric J; 08-02-2011 at 03:01 PM.

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

Oh god, I just got out of the Superman forums and this is what I find in the Batman?

What is with DC fan's obsession with underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by LEADER DESSLOK View Post
    Bob Kane and Bill Finger knew what they were doing when they came up with Bats' overall design,
    Yeah, they knew they were copying the Superman design, changing the colors, and adding a cowl and gloves. Still, could be worse; without Finger's input, we would have had Kane's Red Zorro Batman.

I think the truth of the matter is that all these character customs are going to need to take a while to get used to. You're upset about Batman's black trunks, I think Red Robin beat up a drunk flamingo and stole his feathers. In an attempt to update looks, some of the more iconic parts of outfits were thrown out with the hopes that new iconic looks for future generations would be established and the characters would be "fresh". I get it, I just wish there was a better way for fans to have been involved in the process. Of course, I guess with the differences in opinion that probably would have proven disasterous.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team Up

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Kill Hitler View Post
    Oh god, I just got out of the Superman forums and this is what I find in the Batman?

What is with DC fan's obsession with underwear?
    DC heroes represent everything their fans aspire to be: buff and wearing clean underwear!
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 08-02-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

a nasty piece of work Let's Kill Hitler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    DC heroes represent everything their fans aspire to be: buff and wearing clean underwear!
    So the only way to keep them clean is to put a layer of clothing between them and your genitals? Why didn't I think of that?!

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Kill Hitler View Post
    So the only way to keep them clean is to put a layer of clothing between them and your genitals? Why didn't I think of that?!
    exactly. But if you prefer to wear your underwear inside your pants, I hear turning them inside out saves washing!
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

The black trunks are dumb. Batman is a vigilante not a pro wrestler

CBR should just have a seperate forum called "People upset about superheroes uniform details". They can put it just beneath Rumbles...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I love it with out the trunks

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric J View Post
    . . . But considering Batman more than any other hero has been off and on with the trunks, I dont mind too much.
    I'm sure you don't mean that the way it sounds . . . but then again, he is a millionaire playboy!

Quote Originally Posted by HopeLantern View Post
    I think the truth of the matter is that all these character customs are going to need to take a while to get used to. You're upset about Batman's black trunks, I think Red Robin beat up a drunk flamingo and stole his feathers. In an attempt to update looks, some of the more iconic parts of outfits were thrown out with the hopes that new iconic looks for future generations would be established and the characters would be "fresh".
    Very well stated and I agree. Though at the moment I'm one of the very few definitely missing the trunks.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Thanks for posting pictures for comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    CBR should just have a seperate forum called "People upset about superheroes uniform details". They can put it just beneath Rumbles...
    and in between OMD detractors...oops i said that out loud...
    Marvel: ASM, Deadpool, Thor, Iron Man, etc
    DC: Batman and related, Green Lantern, The Flash, etc
    Omnibus wishlist: Classic Deadpool, Pak Hulk, Spider-Man 2099